Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCENT TAN ANNOUNCES HIS BUSINESS PLAN

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 am

Allegedly, he has told people his plan is to make Cardiff a successful Premier League club, with a bigger world class stadium.
With training facilities that are some of the best in the country and a youth academy that churns out Aaron Ramsey's by the bus load.

He wants the name Cardiff City to symbolise a link between a huge far Eastern area that is growing financially at a rate of knots and is begging out for links with the most successful sport and biggest league in the world, he wants to build on our Welsh heritage and national pride and bring to cultures closer together through our sporting links.

It is obvious to see that the U.K. for whatever reason is seen as a country that many others want to have links with, not just the far East, but the middle East and India, the investment and links between these countries and the U.K. appear to develop every day, is it because the U.K is seen as the old image of Stiff Upper Lip old school heritage that others with money want to buy into, many people want to be seen as accepted into the old boys network, why else do so many of these world wide Billionaires send their kids here to be educated. what we see as a mess in some respects, others see as culture and prestige.

Possibly when people like the Abramovich's and other billionaires get to the stage when making money get's to easy, they need the excitement and rush that simple money making business's just don't supply, possibly the kudos and competitive one up-manship that football brings.

It must be great to get simply bored of making money hand over fist, how much can one man spend, how many yachts and home s and planes do you need. Perhaps owning a football club is seen as a status symbol, sadly it seems that way and modern football with all the advertising and TV rights that go with it may be seen as spoiling the OLD GAME.

What I will say is that I live through the old game and had loads of great times, but loads of crap ones as well, if people still search for those old days, then they are still out there, go watch Merthyr live from month to month on a tight budget, but don't kid yourself that their players are playing for the badge or local loyalties, they are dreaming of advancing as far as they can and if you think any of them would turn down a ten grand a week wage to play in the League, then dream on.

As a fan I have spent all my life looking forward and any success whilst being enjoyed as simply stimulated me to want more and better, perhaps ambition and progress are part of life, I'm sure Man United fans are constantly striving for bigger and better every year, even though by many they are seen as to of the pile.

Now back to VT's business plan, make the club successful, enjoy the adulation and kudos and possibly sell it on in a few years time for a massive profit, sounds OK to me, if he's got the financial clout and backing to fund his vison, then that sounds like a plan to me. :ayatollah:

Re: VINCENT TAN ANNOUNCES HIS BUSINESS PLAN

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:47 am

great business plan that, alienate your core support

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 am

Birchgrove wrote:great business plan that, alienate your core support

That vast majority aren't alienated, excited more like, been praying for investment and backing such as this for to long to remember.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 am

Agree with all that Gwyn and you don't become a billionaire by making stupid decisions BUT i still believe we could have become a successful Club by staying Blue but maybe i'm just an old fart :old: who doesn't want to move with the times :D

Whatever i will be there next season supporting my beloved Bluebirds next season come what May ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 am

blueheaven wrote:Agree with all that Gwyn and you don't become a billionaire by making stupid decisions BUT i still believe we could have become a successful Club by staying Blue but maybe i'm just an old fart :old: who doesn't want to move with the times :D

Whatever i will be there next season supporting my beloved Bluebirds next season come what May ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree with that too.

We will be back to our badge and colour soon enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 am

BigGwynram wrote:

That vast majority aren't alienated, excited more like, been praying for investment and backing such as this for to long to remember.

The vast majority are not excited at all Gwyn. Most have accepted but are by no means excited.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

The vast majority are not excited at all Gwyn. Most have accepted but are by no means excited.

Well as long as most have accepted, we will be fine.
It's now up to the owners, manager and team to get the excitement back.
I reckon it's going to be an exciting season, if not a little "different." :shock: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 am

following city no matter what colour what weather what owner

more than a club to me

we are the club

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 am

Gwyn do us a favour and f**k off for 5 mins.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:21 am

Jbooth wrote:Gwyn do us a favour and f**k off for 5 mins.

What the hell is that about :roll:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am

earnieblue wrote:
Jbooth wrote:Gwyn do us a favour and f**k off for 5 mins.

What the hell is that about :roll:

Makes you wonder eh? :oops:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 am

I consider myself as much a fan as anyone else and don't feel alienated at all.I've noticed that forest and Watford are the latest clubs to be bought by foriegn investors-its just the way things are going.And I'll bet they'll do whatever it takes to maximise their revenue overseas.It would not surprise me at all to see a Premier 2 in the not to distant future.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:45 am

BigGwynram wrote:Allegedly, he has told people his plan is to make Cardiff a successful Premier League club, with a bigger world class stadium.
With training facilities that are some of the best in the country and a youth academy that churns out Aaron Ramsey's by the bus load.

He wants the name Cardiff City to symbolise a link between a huge far Eastern area that is growing financially at a rate of knots and is begging out for links with the most successful sport and biggest league in the world, he wants to build on our Welsh heritage and national pride and bring to cultures closer together through our sporting links.

It is obvious to see that the U.K. for whatever reason is seen as a country that many others want to have links with, not just the far East, but the middle East and India, the investment and links between these countries and the U.K. appear to develop every day, is it because the U.K is seen as the old image of Stiff Upper Lip old school heritage that others with money want to buy into, many people want to be seen as accepted into the old boys network, why else do so many of these world wide Billionaires send their kids here to be educated. what we see as a mess in some respects, others see as culture and prestige.

Possibly when people like the Abramovich's and other billionaires get to the stage when making money get's to easy, they need the excitement and rush that simple money making business's just don't supply, possibly the kudos and competitive one up-manship that football brings.

It must be great to get simply bored of making money hand over fist, how much can one man spend, how many yachts and home s and planes do you need. Perhaps owning a football club is seen as a status symbol, sadly it seems that way and modern football with all the advertising and TV rights that go with it may be seen as spoiling the OLD GAME.

What I will say is that I live through the old game and had loads of great times, but loads of crap ones as well, if people still search for those old days, then they are still out there, go watch Merthyr live from month to month on a tight budget, but don't kid yourself that their players are playing for the badge or local loyalties, they are dreaming of advancing as far as they can and if you think any of them would turn down a ten grand a week wage to play in the League, then dream on.

As a fan I have spent all my life looking forward and any success whilst being enjoyed as simply stimulated me to want more and better, perhaps ambition and progress are part of life, I'm sure Man United fans are constantly striving for bigger and better every year, even though by many they are seen as to of the pile.

Now back to VT's business plan, make the club successful, enjoy the adulation and kudos and possibly sell it on in a few years time for a massive profit, sounds OK to me, if he's got the financial clout and backing to fund his vison, then that sounds like a plan to me. :ayatollah:

You left out the bit where he lends us millions, gets paid back 7% interest, all the while stringing along gullible City fans into accepting a re-brand and thinking he's in it for the long haul by pretending to pay off historic debts (but never does!)

Clueless

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:49 am

BigGwynram wrote:

How come most of the people I know are against the colour change then?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 am

BigGwynram wrote:Allegedly, he has told people his plan is to make Cardiff a successful Premier League club, with a bigger world class stadium.

Any link Gwyn or will this remain as 'alledged' comments..?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 am

HandyLegs wrote:

You left out the bit where he lends us millions, gets paid back 7% interest, all the while stringing along gullible City fans into accepting a re-brand and thinking he's in it for the long haul by pretending to pay off historic debts (but never does!)

Clueless

He knows he will never get his money back until we are successful anyway. (no matter what percentage is put on the loans)
I suggest it is you who is clueless. ;)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

You mention that they want to buy into our heritage??

That's a bit contradicting considering they have more or less taken that away from us.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:00 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:You mention that they want to buy into our heritage??

That's a bit contradicting considering they have more or less taken that away from us.

History cannot be taken away from us. This is just another chapter. It has happened and cannot be changed.
I have followed the club for far too long to just walk away.
We will revert back some day (and it will be a marketing master stroke) I'm sure.
Who knows, in 5/10 years time we might be saying we are glad it happened.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 am

12 years or so ago Sam H was investing £millions into CCFC and making promoses ...... enough said :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am

Will some of you listen to yourselves ffs.

How exactly is he going to get his money back? successful or not. Shall we o through some figures again? We will be worse off for going up not better off.

We lose £15 million now. it costs £10 million to go up in terms of bonuses triggered. the average spend just to compete for newly promoted sides is £13 million. The average increase in wage bills for newly promoted sides is £23 million.

Outgoings = £61 million
Average income for a newly promoted side = £44 million

= Loss of £17 million p/a.

NOW shall we be realistic?

Tan wants to turn his £40 million UNSECURED loan into a £90 million SECURED loan. If we dont go up he will get his money back by selling assetts that HE WILL OWN as result of owning the club.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am

BigGwynram wrote:

I think you find that there are many fans who are not exited and do feel alienated. It is not every day that a part of your history/identity & tradition is given up. There has been no proper survey in relation to who supports or opposes the re brand hence its ones perception as to what the fans views are. Looking at this forum I have seen more down/oppose the change rather than in favour of/excited about the change. I suppose time will tell taking into account how we perform on the pitch, our debts and fan base.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:38 am

RoathMagic wrote:Will some of you listen to yourselves ffs.

How exactly is he going to get his money back? successful or not. Shall we o through some figures again? We will be worse off for going up not better off.

We lose £15 million now. it costs £10 million to go up in terms of bonuses triggered. the average spend just to compete for newly promoted sides is £13 million. The average increase in wage bills for newly promoted sides is £23 million.

Outgoings = £61 million

Tan wants to turn his £40 million UNSECURED loan into a £90 million SECURED loan. If we dont go up he will get his money back by selling assetts that HE WILL OWN as result of owning the club.

So if we don't go up, we will have £90mil of assets to sell? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 am

SBF1 wrote:

Outgoings = £61 million

So if we don't go up, we will have £90mil of assets to sell? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tan will not have invested the full £90 million. The extention to the ground will not have been done, the training ground will not have been done etc etc. Its far more likely it will be £60 million.

The stadium is worth £44 million as on the account sheet... plus players.

he walks away after losing nothing after a failed gamble. There i no reaon for him to stay on as every year he does it will cost him £15 million + just to cover the yearly shortfall. hes a businessman not an idiot.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:46 am

Outgoings = £61 million

None of those figures are set stone and contridict what Swansea, Blackpool and Burnley did by making huge profits from one season in the PL. Also you have figured in 2 years worth of promotion bonuses into one year.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:46 am

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Outgoings = £61 million

Tan will not have invested the full £90 million. The extention to the ground will not have been done, the training ground will not have been done etc etc. Its far more likely it will be £60 million.

he walks away after losing nothing after a failed gamble. There i no reaon for him to stay on as every year he does it will cost him £15 million + just to cover the yearly shortfall. hes a businessman not an idiot.

I thought you only posted facts?

Guesswork more like.

As far as I know, the council has a clause where the stadium cannot be sold as an asset.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by SBF1 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 am

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Outgoings = £61 million

Guesswork more like.

You think the extention to the stadium and traning faciity will be done in the next month?!?

Tan has sais it will be done IF promotion is secured.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 am

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Outgoings = £61 million

Guesswork more like.

You think the extention to the stadium and traning faciity will be done in the next month?!?

Still only guesswork though.
All you want to do is put a down side on things.
BTW, I believe the stadium cannot be sold as an asset either.
As far as I know, the council has a clause where the stadium cannot be sold as an asset.
Last edited by SBF1 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Outgoings = £61 million

None of those figures are set stone and contridict what Swansea, Blackpool and Burnley did by making huge profits from one season in the PL. Also you have figured in 2 years worth of promotion bonuses into one year.

Those figures ARE set in stone. Where is the 2 years? thats 1 year promotion bonuses.

Blackpool made a profit as they spent little and kept their wage budget at £25 million. something unheard of and certainly not something we will be doing. Swansea are also modest payers and dont have a £15 million shortfall to satisfy.

So exactl HOW is Tan going to make his money by us being successful? what do you constitute as siccessful as its clearly not enough just being in the Prem.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 am

I was really looking forward to hearing about this business plan Gwyn but the 1st word stopped me reading any further.
"Alledgidly" was the word.
To me that means "Rumour" so i'm going to wait til there is a concret statement before i comment any further.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:52 am

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Outgoings = £61 million

Guesswork more like.

Still only guesswork though.
All you want to do is put a down side on things.
BTW, I believe the stadium cannot be sold as an asset either.

how the hell is that guesswork?? Tan has said the improvements will only be done IF promotion is secured. If its not secured then it wont be done. If its not done then the investment wont be anywhere near £90 million would it.