Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF WE SIGN

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 am

The following players;
Richard Keogh
Kim Bo-Kyung
Craig Bellamy

will we need to sign anyone else? Maybe another left back, we need support for Taylor :ayatollah:

Re: IF WE SIGN

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 am

Centre HALF to replace Hudson. :roll:

Oh god here we go again..................................incoming :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 am

how about curtis davies

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 am

arri potta wrote:Centre HALF to replace Hudson. :roll:

Oh god here we go again..................................incoming :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hudson was our best player towards the end of the season and kept Suarez in his pocket even when he was injured

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 am

BluebirdForever wrote:

Hudson was our best player towards the end of the season and kept Suarez in his pocket even when he was injured

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: stop it

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 am

hope we wont be doing too much defending :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 am

You so funny

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm

If we signed Keogh, Bellamy and Kyung, would that be our summer done?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 pm

I stil reckon we could/would need another 1-2 squad players to replace the crap we are trying to ship out, send gestede out on loan for a month or two as well get him knocking defenders over and scoring goals in league 1!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 pm

It depends on who we lose.

If Gerrard and Keinan go we need another centre half.

Another target man if we lose Earnshaw.

Depends who is coming through from youth too.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm

them 3 players would mean on paper wed have an excellent side,id go with that and reassess in january depending on ijnuries and our league position
if things dont go according to plan straightaway which is of course possible in such a competitive and unpredictable league then malky needs to be backed in the jan market ,as our rivals certainly will be

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Still like to see one more striker added.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Ideally I'd like another winger who can cover both sides but if we do sign the three we would have a squad size of 24 which would prob all Malky is looking for.

I would like a winger who can cover both sides (Snodgrass? :lol: ) but would be more than happy to go with what we had, think we would have a side capable of giving it a good go this season.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Support for Taylor? I want someone better than Taylor.

He was decent last season, but was overwhelmed in matches against bigger teams and former clubs (was all over the place against Middlesbrough).

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Jollffe wrote:Support for Taylor? I want someone better than Taylor.

He was decent last season, but was overwhelmed in matches against bigger teams and former clubs (was all over the place against Middlesbrough).

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Vying for my least rated player in the current squad with a few others.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm

RFMH wrote:It depends on who we lose.

A target man if we lose earnie?? Earnies never been a target man, not even a poacher these days.
Def need a big man, as miller looked shot playing that role when he's a out and out poacher. Need a centre half, kev can cover left back if needed,with Darcy covering right back. Need another winger in my eyes,

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:It depends on who we lose.

A target man if we lose earnie?? Earnies never been a target man, not even a poacher these days.
Def need a big man, as miller looked shot playing that role when he's a out and out poacher. Need a centre half, kev can cover left back if needed,with Darcy covering right back. Need another winger in my eyes,

:lol: a out and out poacher are you having a laugh.He's shit end of story can't score just runs around the pitch like a headless chicken.Earnie WOULD have scored more goals than miller if he had played the same amount of games last season

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Earnshaw cant play with his back to goal! Neither can Miller to a decent standard, but he passes better and has alot better football brain than Earnshaw. Earnshaw is sentimental value now. Although we do owe him alot for where we are today!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Earnshaw cant play with his back to goal! Neither can Miller to a decent standard, but he passes better and has alot better football brain than Earnshaw. Earnshaw is sentimental value now. Although we do owe him alot for where we are today!

diffrent opinions mate.IMO miller is just crap and always has been I wrote a post about who had the better career and looked at statistics and Earnie won almost evryone one of them if I remember correctly more goals scored in prem,internationals ect.Earnie will always be a legend to me and I think many on this forum show him no respect for what he has done for the club.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

if it was a Sunday League team, or we were all happy to just be a championship middle team, then by all means we can let earnie play each game next season because of what hes done for the club. But if we are to actually be a big team, and win things, get promoted etc there isnt any room for sentiment. When hes retired, make sure theres a job for life for him at the club as hes deserving of that. But this is a cut throat league and sentiment cant be involved in any decisions.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm

FfS ... earnie again.

Listen. had he played more last season, we'd have never have
reached the play-offs.

since he left Cardiff apart from a good spell at Norwich
(at championship level) not one of his managers have
given him a proper starting place. week on week out.

Are City fans soooo clued up about football cos we saw
earnie knock em in at the lower levels.

Are so many ex professional footballers turned manager
so wrong?

Earnie couldn't trap a bag of cement

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

phildavies wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:Earnshaw cant play with his back to goal! Neither can Miller to a decent standard, but he passes better and has alot better football brain than Earnshaw. Earnshaw is sentimental value now. Although we do owe him alot for where we are today!

diffrent opinions mate.IMO miller is just crap and always has been I wrote a post about who had the better career and looked at statistics and Earnie won almost evryone one of them if I remember correctly more goals scored in prem,internationals ect.Earnie will always be a legend to me and I think many on this forum show him no respect for what he has done for the club.

Everyone shows earnie respect but the vast majority
of his goals were scored early in his career at the lower levels.
He was never quite good enough for the premiership. now his
legs have gone a bit..... the championship is a level too high for him

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:FfS ... earnie again.

reached the play-offs.

On the money!!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:

reached the play-offs.

On the money!!

of course mate :roll: and miller could could he :roll:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:06 pm

We still need a bigger striker Etien is only 5 10

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Earnie is not even good enough at league one :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 am

reached the play-offs.

since he left Cardiff apart from a good spell at Norwich
(at championship level) not one of his managers have
given him a proper starting place. week on week out.

Are so many ex professional footballers turned manager
so wrong?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:38 am

We wouldn't need anyone.
2 good keepers
4 good starting defenders with enough cover
6 players capable of playing well in CM
4 players capable of playing well outside
4 capable strikers

And these are just the players we would need to get promoted, with others in reserve. IMO that's all we would need to get promoted