Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Laptop Problem Help ???

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Anyone ever had this problem on their laptop or computer? I never had a Cd to use like it says and theres another way to do it with out the Cd!

Cheers :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Laptop Problem Help ???

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 pm

have you downloaded anything recently? have you tried loading up in safe mode and starting at last known good configuration sorry if you have tried this but you havnt given to much info,if you dont hsve a cd yhe laptop prob has a recovery partition

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Ask Merlin mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:24 pm

bluepagey wrote:have you downloaded anything recently? have you tried loading up in safe mode and starting at last known good configuration sorry if you have tried this but you havnt given to much info,if you dont hsve a cd yhe laptop prob has a recovery partition

My laptop kept freezing on the windows sign when loading up and when i would turn it off after it wouldnt work, after about the 5th time i tried it, then the message came up. I have been using Youtube convertor of late.

My laptop is a HP and got Windows 7 if thats any help?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
bluepagey wrote:have you downloaded anything recently? have you tried loading up in safe mode and starting at last known good configuration sorry if you have tried this but you havnt given to much info,if you dont hsve a cd yhe laptop prob has a recovery partition

My laptop kept freezing on the windows sign when loading up and when i would turn it off after it wouldnt work, after about the 5th time i tried it, then the message came up. I have been using Youtube convertor of late.

there is the old it saying of turn it off and back on again unfortunatly this doesnt do the boot system any good have you tried opening in safe mode? it could be a virus that caused you pc to freeze in the first place or if it may even be your hard drive dying try safe mode first

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 pm

bluepagey wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:

there is the old it saying of turn it off and back on again unfortunatly this doesnt do the boot system any good have you tried opening in safe mode? it could be a virus that caused you pc to freeze in the first place or if it may even be your hard drive dying try safe mode first

How do I try start up in safe mode butty?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
bluepagey wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:

restart your laptop and keep pressing f8 should then start in safe mode and you should then have a menu option to start in last known configuration select that option

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:37 pm

bluepagey wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
bluepagey wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:

I'll give it a bash now, cheers butty
restart your laptop and keep pressing f8 should then start in safe mode and you should then have a menu option to start in last known configuration select that option

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm

I had a similar problem!
Came up with continue normally and Start up repair

When I chose continue normally it used to take me back
My only option start up repair but it didn't work
Found out that I had a Hard Drive failure and all my data was wiped:(

Hopefully not the same problem here mate!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
bluepagey wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
bluepagey wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:

I'll give it a bash now, cheers butty

try repairing setup its f12 i believe keep pressed until screen appears run repair see what that does, if doesnt help a sledge hammer is good! :lol: better asking local pc man, not curries or pc world local shop usueally gives free aadvice