Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I Dont Get It

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Its been mostly doom and gloom on here the past week or so.

Then today out of the blue we sign an unproven and unknown striker from slovenia and the rumour comes out that he is possibly the replacement of an outward bound Kenny Miller, an experienced and proven striker.

Now a lot of people are excited about our season ahead and glad to see Miller leave. Personally I feel its a step back and think we need another experienced striker if Miller does go. Hopefully Velikonja works out, but he's a gamble.

I just dont get how peoples hopes have improved so much after todays news.

Re: I Dont Get It

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 pm

adr wrote:Its been mostly doom and gloom on here the past week or so.

Then today out of the blue we sign an unproven and unknown striker from slovenia and the rumour comes out that he is possibly the replacement of an outward bound Kenny Miller, an experienced and proven striker.

Now a lot of people are excited about our season ahead and glad to see Miller leave. Personally I feel its a step back and think we need another experienced striker if Miller does go. Hopefully Velikonja works out, but he's a gamble.

I just dont get how peoples hopes have improved so much after todays news.

Past week!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Experience doesn't guarantee goals.

Signing exciting new players always raises morale amongst fans and with the news of Bellamy possibly coming back it just gets better. What's not to get?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:48 pm

It's a results business - teams need to score to win games.

We need a finisher

Miller worked is nuts off with mainly no support as Malky found his feet in his first season
but now he is trying to get to that next step.

We were like a blunt instrument and maybe this guy is a find that can get a sharp end to us.

I'm unsure how he could work with miller as a pair or if miller is sacrificed but whatever happens we needed a striker.

(i still think we need another though)