Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

These new faces are great but...

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 pm

...i don't care if you say that Tan has put £40million into the club since he's been here; i'd rather this debt be paid off first before splashing this big money (for championship level) for players.

Nothing is guaranteed, we know from experience with Dave Jones' last season, and look at Leicester last season and the money they spent.

There has to be something awfully wrong with the club, which hasn't been addressed for that amount of money to be needed to keep the club afloat in what is a relatively short period of time.

Until the money Tan is loaning us is converted into shares and Langston are paid off, i'm worried.

Next Portsmouth if we're not careful.

Re: These new faces are great but...

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Agreed, financial stability should be top priority.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Keep up at the back, until the Langston deal is accepted and settled, VT can't do anything other than loan the money, it can't be turned into equity until after the Langston deal, surely everyone is aware of that by now?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:33 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Keep up at the back, until the Langston deal is accepted and settled, VT can't do anything other than loan the money, it can't be turned into equity until after the Langston deal, surely everyone is aware of that by now?

I don't read much into it to be honest with you Gwyn. I read some of it then thats it, cause the threads are normally massive and I cant be arsed reading a massive post. :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Agreed, financial stability should be top priority.

Doesn't matter what way they're gonna be paid off to enable what, just pay it! It's one thing to be red, but imagine no Cardiff at all.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry, added the wrong quote then, was on about Gwyn's post.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm

we'l be alrite

we are ready to steam roll ahead and establish ourselves as a big club, luckily for us tan need us to be competing at the european stage