Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONE CLICK JAILBREAK FOR iPHONE/IPOD ON 5.1.1

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 pm

So just download the absinthe 2.0.4 program from the following links below depending on your OS.

WINDOWS - https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois ... ects=0&d=1
MAC - https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois ... ects=0&d=1

once downloaded, extract them to wherever you want to install them (desktop is easiest) Open the Absinthe app.

it will ask you to connect your device, then recognise it. Just click the Jailbreak button and wait!! THATS IT.

Cydia will be installed and your phone is now jailbroken once complete. :ayatollah:

Re: ONE CLICK JAILBREAK FOR iPHONE/IPOD ON 5.1.1

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 pm

When did you become a mod again :shock: :shock: ..thought you were having a break :shock:

Good to see you back to form mind :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:22 pm

I was asked by Annis to chip in when I could whilst he was on holiday..... help him out for a bit! :ayatollah:

Although some of the changes I made today have all been overturned. So tbh It doesn't look like i'm needed! :cry: :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 pm

That was to easy, thanks

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Would this work on an iPad mate? I had an iPhone but upgraded to the Galaxy S2, really fancy an iPad though!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm

12thMan wrote:Would this work on an iPad mate? I had an iPhone but upgraded to the Galaxy S2, really fancy an iPad though!

Yes works on a4 and a5 chip devices on 5.1.1 (and not beyond! =ios6 beta)

It's a full untethered jailbreak and will operate as normal.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Merlin wrote:
12thMan wrote:Would this work on an iPad mate? I had an iPhone but upgraded to the Galaxy S2, really fancy an iPad though!

Yes works on a4 and a5 chip devices on 5.1.1 (and not beyond! =ios6 beta)

It's a full untethered jailbreak and will operate as normal.

Amazing.

Merlin, you're a legend for sharing this kind of stuff with us mate!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 pm

If I got an old iPhone3g (unclaimed lost property)
Will jailbreaking do anything?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:00 am

Anyone tried iOS 6 yet?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 am

Merlin what's the advantage of jailbreak?
If I do it and my phone fcks up does it mean I can't take it to the apple shop for help?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 am

I got an iphone 4s, my first iphone, what would be the benefits of me doing this?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:34 am

cityblue wrote:I got an iphone 4s, my first iphone, what would be the benefits of me doing this?

THIS!!! ^^^^^^

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Jailbreaking your phone/ipod/ipad basically involves this process to install "Cydia" - the gateway to customising and personalising your iDevice to perform and appear exactly how you want it to, using themes, tweaks and customisations. You can also install sources for repositiories (repo's) where certain hackers/users store all their home made themes, tweaks and apps ready for downloading. most are free, but some are paid (obviously hackers don't work their bollocks off on iOS for months on end producing some amazing tweaks just to give them away for free! So expect to pay for SOME decent things if you want them)

I will provide you a brief step by step to installing two of the most popular sources in cydia to get some decent things to your device.

1. go to manage>sources. hit edit>add then enter these Source addresses:
A) http://cydia.hackulo.us/
2. once that is done and installed wait for any refreshes or reboots and go back to step 1 and add:
B) http://repo.insanelyi.com/
step 2 will repeat.

After the above, go to Cydia>search> and in the search bar first search for "SOURCE GUI" hit install, and wait. once completed and installed go back to search: in the search bar type "Installous 5" (this is the Hacked App store) and install it. A new Green Arrow icon will appear on your home screen. This is where you will access Installous from.

Other top tweaks to download from Cydia's search facility are:
Unlimtones (search for free ringtones - songs are already disected into segments ready for using straight away)
InfiniDock (A scrolling bottom icon dock)
Gridlock (place icons anywhere you like on the springboard)
Five Column-SB (Five icons per row instead of the default 4)
Springtomize2 (for complete springboard customisation)
color keyboard(changes the theme of your keyboard)
bytafont (changes system font - Scooby Doo font being MY favourite!)
SBSettings (adds a "status bar Swipe" menu)
Winterboard (for applying themes)
Barrel (for customising Icon Screen swipes on page changes)
iFile (For accessing your phones System Files ON your iphone) this is reccomended for experienced users only
Timeless HD theme for SBSettings (customise the SBS menu theme with this to make it look sharper and newer)
WeeKill background (adds a tab to the notification center so you can kill ALL apps with one touch)
InfiniFolders (add as many apps to folders as you like instead of the allowed default 12!)

There are thousands of themes you can explore and try - but remember if something doesn't work or you dont want it, delete it from your phone by going to Cydia>manage>packages (brings up an A-Z list) select what you want - hit modify and uninstall.

Any questions I'll be happy to assist.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Is it legit?
Will it put my iPhone at risk of breaking/viruses/etc?
Is this suitable for the iPhone 4s?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:34 am

Bluebird1993 wrote:Is it legit?

Jailbreak is not illegal.
It does nothing to your phone apart from add cydia to your desktop.....

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 am

Can you reinstall the factory settings when you want to sell on the handset? I have a 64gb iPhone 4 and I'd like the little profit I'd make from selling it, jail broken may scare buyers.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 am

I reccomend this ! Done mine a few days ago and downloaded something called installous within 10 minutes football manger 12 done haha if you want free apps and a potentially fully customised phone it's worth it ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 am

Merlin wrote:

Thanks for your help!
And how will I know that I'm not paying for any of the apps/music/etc that I'm downloading? Does it also make a difference if I'm on contract?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:29 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Can you reinstall the factory settings when you want to sell on the handset? I have a 64gb iPhone 4 and I'd like the little profit I'd make from selling it, jail broken may scare buyers.

yes, a simple restore in itunes - completely reverts it back to factory settings. ;)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:30 am

Bluebird1993 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Thanks for your help!
And how will I know that I'm not paying for any of the apps/music/etc that I'm downloading? Does it also make a difference if I'm on contract?

Because you won't be putting in any credit card numbers, or paypal accounts etc etc. UNLESS you WANT to by something in particular. Most hackers (if they require a payment for something) usually go through paypal. I've bought numerous things from cydia. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 am

Merlin wrote:
Bluebird1993 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Because you won't be putting in any credit card numbers, or paypal accounts etc etc. UNLESS you WANT to by something in particular. Most hackers (if they require a payment for something) usually go through paypal. I've bought numerous things from cydia. :ayatollah:

You basically you buy apps from cydia on your pc and they automatically go on to your phone? Is that the way it works? Or do you buy apps from the app store and because of cydia they will be free of charge? :ayatollah: Sorry to be a pain just a bit confused and in two minds to do it :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks for the info it worked a treat.... :ayatollah:

Is Anything available for Apple TV? I understand something can be done in the same way?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I got the new iPad but a Samsung galaxy phone. My iPad don't recognize the galaxy on Bluetooth
And it won't upload anything from my phone. What can I do gents?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Can I then get the tom Tom app for free anyone know?
Tempted to do it.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Interesting stuff merlin. Got me tempted to try again.

What affect does it have on iCloud and iTunes. If I download a Cydia app will It be recognised by iTunes? I have phone and iPad. If I jailbreak one and not the other will I cloud try to sync Cydia stuff on non jail brokendevice?

What else can it do. I find it fascinating.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:14 pm

And more.. When iCloud backs up my devices overnight will the jail broken device back up normally? Can you explain more about where and what apps to get. Last time I tried I remember getting frustrated because it wasn't set out as obvious as the app store. Is that easier to navigate now?