Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KENNY MILLER

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:05 pm

I can't stress how much I don't want him to leave the club and I really, really hope he stays at Cardiff City. He is currently going through the last year of his contract with Cardiff and I would be happy if he and Cardiff City agree a deal to extend the deal. Kenny MIller was there for us last year, at a time where we needed a goalscorer, and that time where he burst out of his shell was a magical moment. Cardiff City V Unbeaten Southampton. Southampton looked dangerous on the attack and dominated the first half and looked close to scoring....who remembers what happened next? They took a shot that deflected off Gunnarsson and was curling in before Marshall stretched to save it. That was just one of their many chances. Many Cardiff fans covered the faces in relief, then Marshall commanded his players to run up the field, but no-one did, he was furious. But there was one. Just one small figure. Running, desperately, calling. Marshall sees the figure, it's Kenny Miller.

"Do Prado! Blocked by Gunnarsson! It's going in! NO! Good save by Marshall! He's angry at this sloppy defending, he's telling everyone to run down there! He sees Kenny Miller"
BBC Radio Wales

He cleared the ball to him, Kenny Miller vs four experienced defenders.

"Kenny Miller's chasing the ball! The keeper comes out to clear it, the 'keepers going to collect it, too late for Ken...oh wait! Kenny Miller headers the ball over the 'keeper! Hooiveld slides to clear it! It's in!! KENNY MILLER SCORES!!! CARDIFF CITY 1-0 SOUTHAMPTON"
BBC Radio Wales

We won 2-1, and Kenny Miller scored again.

These are the matches Kenny Miller has scored in;

West Ham 0-1 Cardiff City

Cardiff City 2-1 Southampton

Cardiff City 5-3 Barnsley

Cardiff City 2-0 Crystal Palace

Cardiff City 1-0 Birmingham

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Cardiff City

Cardiff City 3-1 Reading

Cardiff City 3-2 Portsmouth

Cardiff City 1-1 Watford

He won us 16 pts. If we had lost those points, we would have finished 16th. Would you have been calling for Malky to have been sacked if we finished 16th?

Thanks for a great season Kenny and score loads this season! :ayatollah:

Re: KENNY MILLER

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Have to agree with you mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 pm

whats the chances of him leaving

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Its a good point you raise about the points won. But a prolific striker would have won us Double the amount of points too....

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Kenny still has it

This goal from last year says it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPo4HsHfJbA

Hope he stays

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 pm

hes shit end of conversation :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 pm

he's an important player the fact we should have more options up front will mean hes not overplayed,
if he can get his head clear for the new season he'l be very important to us

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 pm

caerblue wrote:hes shit end of conversation :lol:

Then can you explain to me how he's a professional footballer and you're not?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:he's an important player the fact we should have more options up front will mean hes not overplayed,
if he can get his head clear for the new season he'l be very important to us

Agreed

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Things didn't go his way last season. Lots of shots hitting the woodwork and many more just over or just wide. Could have been 20+ goals with a little bit of luck. Got through loads of unselfish running for the team. Really hope that he doesn't go. He probably played far too many games in the lone striker role which is a big ask. With a bit of help up front this season and with a bit of striker rotation I think he would make an excellent contribution for us. Quality player. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Would love for him to stay he worked hard last season with no one else with him except a raw french man and a young lad like Mason

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 pm

It was really hard for him up front on his own last year.

He didn't have a great season and missed some bad chances [Coventry away has to be one of the worst misses I've ever seen] but he works so hard and got picked up every game as he was our only real threat up front.

I think with creative players around him, he'd be a different player.

I really hope he stays!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 pm

KM had a raw deal imo - played alone up front for long spells , regularly dropped into midfield where I hadnt seen much of him previously , when he did play up-front too often got the ball hoofed at him by Hudson in particular but always worked his socks off for the club - well worth a place in the matchday squad for me !

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Hope he stays.
Playing 4-5-1 week in week out and the midfielder wasn't exactly great towards the end of the season.
I blame some of the service on times but Miller is vital.

Please answer this who would you want to see leave? Miller or Earnie? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:55 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

ok then, hes shit professional football player end of conversation, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:57 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

how do you know i aint ;) ;) ;)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Miller is worth his weight in gold in this squad with the young players we have.
Ask mason and a few others what millers experience and talking through games does for them.
He's a top proffesional and he will bring on and help the younger players

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Miller done well last year considering we struggled in midfield and he played as a lone striker, a very hard worker, change our formation and im sure he will score the goals :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 pm

thank you somebody speaking sense