Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny Miller

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:54 pm

to leave and super Joe Mason to take up the number 9 shirt. :ayatollah:

Re: Kenny Miller

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:to leave and super Joe Mason to take up the number 9 shirt. :ayatollah:

Velikonja number 9 and Joe to stay as he is.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Would rather a proper centre forward in the number 9 shirt.

Mason's more of a 10 than a 9 imo.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Hopefully not, we need experience.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:55 pm

RFMH wrote:Hopefully not, we need experience.

Experience, or a goalscorer?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Exactly we need someone whose gona crack in 20+ goals. We know Mason wil get his fair share and this Jellybilymonj guy. Whitts will chip in and so will Bellers when we get him ;), hopefully Gestede will realise some potential with a good pre season behind him. We know Conway scores the odd goal This Kadeem Harris is something to look forward to and we may be getting this Kim we know our central defenders can chip in with a few too. To be honest I would like to see us sign two classy full backs and I will be one happy bunny. Don't know about the rest of you :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Three up front perhaps?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Miller defo off to USA imo - Mrs heard this about 6 weeks ago

source - cant say sorry

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:18 pm

It all adds up.

I think he's off.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Exactly we need someone whose gona crack in 20+ goals. We know Mason wil get his fair share and this Jellybilymonj guy. Whitts will chip in and so will Bellers when we get him ;), hopefully Gestede will realise some potential with a good pre season behind him. We know Conway scores the odd goal This Kadeem Harris is something to look forward to and we may be getting this Kim we know our central defenders can chip in with a few too. To be honest I would like to see us sign two classy full backs and I will be one happy bunny. Don't know about the rest of you :ayatollah:

Sounds good to me. I'm not as confident about Gestede, though.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

NickPenarth wrote:It all adds up.

I think he's off.

I think so, too. The new team seems to be shaping up without him.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Bring in Bellamy gestede,mason,that new boy,earnie and Bellamy as the strike force or will we need another? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Agree with that john however if he can get a full pre season in and shake off that niggly hamstring injury then hopefully he can get a good run of games under his belt and proove us wrong

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 pm

If Bellamy is coming in fair enough

But losing Miller takes experience.

"goal scorer this or that" is a bit bleh. Lack of pre-season, confidence knocked by two penalties, not playing with a target man, playing a deeper role at times also effected his game.

With an effective target man Kenny Miller is still easily a 15-20 goals a season player.

But if Bellamy coming in I can see him going.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Agree with that john however if he can get a full pre season in and shake off that niggly hamstring injury then hopefully he can get a good run of games under his belt and proove us wrong

I'd be quite happy if he did, Dan. In fact, I hope he does, because he seems like a tidy bloke.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 pm

RFMH wrote:If Bellamy is coming in fair enough

But losing Miller takes experience.

"goal scorer this or that" is a bit bleh. Lack of pre-season, confidence knocked by two penalties, not playing with a target man, playing a deeper role at times also effected his game.

With an effective target man Kenny Miller is still easily a 15-20 goals a season player.

But if Bellamy coming in I can see him going.

Fair comment.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Who's to say that Miller isn't going. Did anyone see Mutch & Velikonja coming. Maybe Malky has a target man lined up that is perfect for us but like the other 2 transfers is not going to release anything until the deal is done.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 am

Cant believe people are okay if he leaves but happy to see Earnie stay.
Id rather pay 25k for someone who plays week in week out than pay 14k for someone who sits on the bench every wee kand cant be f**ked to train hard enough to challenge.

Earnie or Miller? Miller all day.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

I wouldnt like to see Kenny go, I feel he still got something to offer us. But if Malky gota keep the wages low we got no option :/