Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A bookmark in our history?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:50 pm

From 2000 to this current day and maybe a few more years on, these years will always be look on as the club braking out of the shackles and rejuvenating ready to be able to compete for another 100 years of football. Whether we do or don't have success, this brief period in time of our long history will always be discussed and looked back on as the era that Cardiff City changed....im just glad to say I was around at this time and can tell the story.

Everything in life has that brief decade when things shift and there are many examples throughout every generation. Musical revolution, social changes, political & economical changes...all are part of life and although we can't compare a football club to these examples, it is something close to my heart and I understand changes do and will happen and we are in the middle of such a time in our history.

I see this potentially as pivotal as when we established ourselves as Cardiff City in 1908 and when we finally were allowed into the football league and played our first game in 1920 and so on, all these are bookmarks in our history. If we go on to have predominantly premiership football and beyond in the next 50 years then I guarantee my sentiments will be shared amongst the masses. If we don't, well to be honest...investment was still needed anyway as 2012 could have been the year the Cardiff City AFC passed away at the age of 113.

It then would have been a time I would be ashamed to say to my grand kids that before we changed to AFC Cardiff our generation of supporters were on the brink of the big time and we were too stubborn to accept change when people offered it because of our precious tradition, now we have lost it all anyway and we would give there left leg to have that back.

NOT RED, NOT BLUE....IM JUST CARDIFF THROUGH AND THROUGH.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A bookmark in our history?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

and with that I see we have just signed a quality young talent!

Heres to the FUTURE! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 pm

The world is rapid these days - football one of the barometers i suppose.

Political and social revolution, war, the holes in capitalism appearing, inequalities trying to level out, the rise of the east, police states, recession, greed, obesity, terrorism, growing underclass, internet, climate change etc

We have packed a lot in since 2000 - just like the world has.

Cardiff City FC
making history every day

Blue Army
:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 pm

:ayatollah: