Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CITY CAPTURE SLOVENIAN ACE VELIKONJA

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 pm

http://www.nkmaribor.com/novice/?id=4457

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:13 pm

translation needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:13 pm

sporting director Zlatko Zahovič in response to a question on the financial side, "Heart of Midlothian FC has sold a few players, but did not mention amounts. In this case we can speak of the greatest figures in the Slovenian Premier League history. It would be very irresponsible to the club, and also to Etien if we refuse such an offer. We are not Real, Barcelona or Paris SG in financial terms.so to refuse would be a bad financial move. Etien is very difficult to replace, but we have at the club a lot of young players. Among them is Alan Ploj showing top quality, professional attitude.

Etien at the press conference said: "Indeed I am very pleased with the conclusion. On arrival in Maribor I was looking for new targets. I wanted to move forward in Maribor and I got everything I needed to make progress. The desire of every footballer is to play abroad. YI thank the club that enabled me to develop and move forward. I'm glad I had the opportunity to move to Cardiff, but my time at Maribor may be regarded as one of the most beautiful and successful in my career. I made a big step forward, come back in great shape. I am proud of this part of life. "

Taken from the Maribor club website and if what their sporting director says is true, why wouldn't it be?, then the transfer fee will be above 3.5m euros. :o

Another great Malkay Mackay signing I think.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:34 pm

In all fairness, the guy looks sharp, classy, full of running, determined and most importantly a natural goal scorer.....

Malky's been watching him for a while as he's already mentioned, so a target for a while. Must be very decent and Malky must also think he's getting a talented player to be spending that much on a very low profile player!

Well done Malky! Looking like a good signing.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

It can't be true cos Carl didn't say....

;)

Only joking. Welcome

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Keep em coming malkay!! Fairplay, none of us got a clue what players malkay will be signing....just how it should be. Here's hoping for a few more supprises like the mutch signing and this one :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:55 pm

€3.5 million plus is excessive for a striker with a 1 in 3 strike rate in the Slovenian League.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 pm

SCFC wrote:€3.5 million plus is excessive for a striker with a 1 in 3 strike rate in the Slovenian League.

HOW MUCH????? :o we realy must have money to burn if that fee is correct lol

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
SCFC wrote:€3.5 million plus is excessive for a striker with a 1 in 3 strike rate in the Slovenian League.

He won't have paid that much up front thats for sure! There will also be promotion bonuses etc (where we would think that's a fair crack actually - If he helps us to the premier league then only fair huh?)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Well done Malky. I dont know anything about this player but what i've seen on You Tube and his scoring record excites me. Cant wait for this season to start now. Come on you Bluebirds.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Merlin wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:

He won't have paid that much up front thats for sure! There will also be promotion bonuses etc (where we would think that's a fair crack actually - If he helps us to the premier league then only fair huh?)

Well that's the sort of fee stated by Maribor, bonuses may be included but that's the sort of money commited to this signing. He had a decent season last season, scoring 14 goals in the Slovenian League but you'd be able to get someone scoring 14 goals in the Championship for half the fee. I know, he is fairly young but this is the most your going to spend on a player this summer looking at VT's £100 million statement. £10 million has been put towards signing players, and this lad has cost 30% of that budget.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=pl ... GWsA&gl=US
Is this the same player? If so then know wonder malkay signed him lmao

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Haven't heard of him but hope this is the start of the signings we need to take us up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Another signing completely off the radar :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I did here we were going to sign an international Stirker a few weeks ago, no clues as to who though, was kept under wraps, brilliant work from Malky and VT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85286

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice to see the players that aren't mentioned in the newspapers being tied up! :ayatollah: