Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Australia help needed please

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:05 pm

My son and his girlfreind are expecting my first grandchild in september :shock: Needless to say i really need to go out there,they live in perth.Any usefull help about sites where i can get decent flight prices i would be very greatfull,every price iv found at the mo seems to be around a grand,would be greatfull for any help guys :ayatollah:

Re: Australia help needed please

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 pm

earnieblue wrote:My son and his girlfreind are expecting my first grandchild in september :shock: Needless to say i really need to go out there,they live in perth.Any usefull help about sites where i can get decent flight prices i would be very greatfull,every price iv found at the mo seems to be around a grand,would be greatfull for any help guys :ayatollah:

opodo is always good for me

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

http://www.skyscanner.net/

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I go every year and have flown with BA, Qantas, Emirates, Cathay Pacific and Thai Airlines, it's best to shop around and see what offers are on with the airlines, it's cheaper to fly direct if you don't want to stopover on route, I flew with Qantas as it was the cheapest when I booked before Christmas. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 pm

www.austravel.com/ have cheap flight offers sometimes. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 pm

nobber wrote:http://www.austravel.com/ have cheap flight offers sometimes. :ayatollah:

Cheers guys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Try STA Travel. Currently in Brisbane and booked a round the world trip with them. Cost me 1500 for around 5 flights.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 pm

earnieblue wrote:My son and his girlfreind are expecting my first grandchild in september :shock: Needless to say i really need to go out there,they live in perth.Any usefull help about sites where i can get decent flight prices i would be very greatfull,every price iv found at the mo seems to be around a grand,would be greatfull for any help guys :ayatollah:

when i went to Perth about 3/4 years ago the cheapest flights we could get were with Cathay Pacific! depart from Heathrow, stop over in Hong Kong for an hour and a half, and then to Perth! don't know if that's any help but just thought i'd say :D

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

when i went to Perth about 3/4 years ago the cheapest flights we could get were with Cathay Pacific! depart from Heathrow, stop over in Hong Kong for an hour and a half, and then to Perth! don't know if that's any help but just thought i'd say :D

Greatfull for any help mate thanks :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm

earnieblue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

Greatfull for any help mate thanks :ayatollah:

well no problem :)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 pm

I have booked online with Qantas and also used Travelbag both were fine. If you can spare the time a stopover for a night or two in singapore or hong kong on the way out and back makes the flight much more bareable. you can get your own visa online

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Depending on dates Qantas have returns for less than £700 at the moment

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Blue crow wrote:Depending on dates Qantas have returns for less than £700 at the moment

Thanks mate :ayatollah: