Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City ready for final talks with Sam

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Cardiff City are ready for final talks with former owner Sam Hammam to settle the Langston debt – if the £10m quoted is genuine.

Club chief executive Alan Whiteley is conducting talks through an intermediary in London, while Hammam has said, via close friend Annis Abraham: “Originally, Vincent Tan offered £10m up front.

“That is the one Langston will accept if everything is sorted out by the end of this month.”

Whiteley has worked to reach a settlement and said today: “If Hammam was genuine about being prepared to settle for the £10m quoted I strongly believe we could have got a deal done.

“But it appears that isn’t the case and Langston want £15m which is more challenging.”

That could be broken down as £10m immediately plus a £5m bonus after promotion.

City had offered Langston, via Hammam, three options. They were £8m payable within 30 days; £10m with £3m payable straightaway and the rest at the end of the 2012-13 season; or £13m, with £8m payable this year plus an extra £5m if City are promoted to the Premiership.

Tan, who has already invested more than £40m into the football club, is keen to clear up the historical £24m loan notes issued to Cardiff City by Langston while Hammam was owner.

The Bluebirds have also confirmed Hammam would be welcome to the title of club President and to attend as many matches as he wanted to at the stadium if agreement was reached.

That position would not carry any power in terms of football or non-football matters.

Tan and Dato Chan have pledged to increase their investment to £100m investment when the Langston issue is resolved, while they are already backing manager Malky Mackay’s moves to strengthen the City

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z20QIFvZRk

:ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City ready for final talks with Sam

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 pm

looks like someones lieing to us and the GOAL POSTS have been moved :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Hurry up and get it done! :twisted:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm

like our signings just be patient and let the malaysians do what they do best

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:21 pm

I felt that VT was dragging but it looks like Sam is up to his usual too.

Personally, I dont back any of them
I back Cardiff City FC ;)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:55 pm

we either trust the malaysians or we dont

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Well they seem to be giving us the money to buy players I back them. I appreciate we have only signed Mutch and this new striker for a fee but if the rumours are true then that's 3 million already spent plus filip kiss wasn't he signed for a fee as well? I think Malky is using his money wiseley and not doing a Leicester. We seen what happened to them!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:15 pm

imo we are in good hands all through the club now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:01 pm

so vt been getting the blame for stalling and moving the goalposts but now it seems sam in fact is stalling and moving the posts, originaly been stated on here that he would accept 10 mill and go but now its 10 mill plus promotion bonus or now its 15 mil now, how about sam go and f**k off and let cardiff city move to a brighter future once and for all

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Now that's something you don't see often - Hammam & genuine in the same sentance!

Wonder if VT is waiting for the dodgy old b*stard to pop his clogs?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am

Another Walesonline story with the Langston debt.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:15 am

I have lost interest in the whole thing since the 5m bonus extra come to light, I think it's made the whole thing look very poorly on Langston. I just want it sorted but I guess when we thought the 10m was enough to get rid of them it wasn't.
I just wish Sam would take us to court again now and them to decide and Tan forced to pay whatever.