Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: First team player set to leave

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:42 pm

bluebirds123 wrote:I think its miller his wife tweeted Exciting times :D could be nothing thought id share it

Nah, she had just turned £20 of Tesco Club Card vouchers into £80 of Pizza Express vouchers.

You know what the jocks are like. Short arms, long pockets.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:45 pm

CP76 wrote:
bluebirds123 wrote:I think its miller his wife tweeted Exciting times :D could be nothing thought id share it

Nah, she had just turned £20 of Tesco Club Card vouchers into £80 of Pizza Express vouchers.

Nah, she's excited that Darcy is signing for an old army side of the former Soviet Union. :-)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:49 pm

CityGent wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Nah, she's excited that Darcy is signing for an old army side of the former Soviet Union. :-)

He dont want to start his nonsense over there mind :?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 pm

CityGent wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Bit of an annorak here...

Dynamo teams were the KGB teams I think.
Read about them a few weeks ago in "Football against the enemy"
CSKA were the big army side (in Moscow anyway).

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Wash DC Blue wrote:
CityGent wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Top stat. The book any good? There was a tidy BBC documentary last year about communism and football post WW2

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm

bluecyw wrote:

I thought the same thing

her tweet has now been deleted i wonder why :!:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Wash DC Blue wrote:

Apparently the Dynamo teams had a great scouting system and compiled player dossiers years before Malky thought of it ;)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm not in the know and and never say I am about anything, but I know darcy and I know for a fact it's not him, unless it's out of the blue and has come in the last 24 hours or so... So im guessing it's kenny miller

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Wash DC Blue wrote:

Apparently the Dynamo teams had a great scouting system and compiled player dossiers years before Malky thought of it ;)

Was there when we played them at NP and beat them 1-0 in Cup Winners Cup. Lost the away leg 3-0 though I think. Strange move for Darcy if it happens but good luck to him for having a bit of adventure about him.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm

CityGent wrote:
Wash DC Blue wrote:
CityGent wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Top stat. The book any good? There was a tidy BBC documentary last year about communism and football post WW2

Really good book Tony.
It was written in the early 90's but still quite relevant as it talks about footballs place in politics and revolution as well as how national teams reflect their nations psyche.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 12831.html

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Just realised that Kris Boyd now plays for Portland Timbers....Kenny Miller to link up with him again?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:38 pm

CityGent wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
CityGent wrote:There are some right f*cking anonymous beauts on this thread. I was told a first team player was leaving. I was told who it was and to where, but was asked by that friend not to announce who. Is it any different to someone posting that a signing is expected within days? It's the close season and the"gossip" and conjecture is what keeps these boards and the social networks ticking over until the business starts. I was informed about Jordan Mutch a week before it went public. The same for the Kim-Bo Kyung deal but if I'm asked not to report on something because deals have been jeopardised over less, then I'll respectfully adhere to those wishes

Some decent detectives on here though. Judging by some of the posts the last hour or so the cat is out of the bag. See, you didn't have to wait that long ;-D

So its Darcy then :lol:

Dinamo Tbilisi have been sniffing around him for a while now

Well theres a shocker Tone, fair play. Cant see that coming off, can you....?

I was convinced he was off to Celtic

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Richard, forgive me for dragging this thread to the realms of surrealism. When you said"It must be Darcy"I assumed you were joking, so i just carried it on :-)

It would have been easier if i'd just said who it was!!

and it isn't Darcy :-D

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 pm

CityGent wrote:Richard, forgive me for dragging this thread to the realms of surrealism. When you said"It must be Darcy"I assumed you were joking, so i just carried it on :-)

It would have been easier if i'd just said who it was!!

and it isn't Darcy :-D

Oh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Get stuffed then

Oh well, it'll all come out in the wash sooner than later and your forgiven. Considering those that were slating you for starting this thread its got 4 pages, well done :ayatollah:

We love you Darcy, we do :lol:

BTW

It must be Turner then

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Ben Turner to West Ham... (did I say that out loud? 0ops.)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:Ben Turner to West Ham... (did I say that out loud? 0ops.)

Thats not a foreign, well technically its not anyway.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:Ben Turner to West Ham... (did I say that out loud? 0ops.)

Thats not a foreign, well technically its not anyway.

Not in the know personally but Miller to China is what I've just been told - guy is pretty reliable, spoke with him at lunchtime and he knew about Velikonja today before it was announced.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Be gutted if its Miller. If we get rid of Miller and keep Earnie that would be utter stupid.
Miller and Velikonja will be challenging eachother to get a place next year, exicting times :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Tony, If it is Miller i would personally be disappointed because i think with the right service and possibly Bellamy ;) alongside him he will get goals plus if you want promotion you need 4 to 5 strikers of a decent standard so if Miller goes we would defo have to bring another striker in but i trust Malkys judgement and believe we are in for another roller coaster season bring it on :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:16 pm

IF millier leaves with the current strikers we have to cover, earnie and gestades {not good enough sorry} then that only leaves us Mason and the new guy.......Daft unless we got some serious strikers lined up! :|

Until we got another Top striker in we would be mad to let Miller go as he has alot to offer, only reason i can see him going is to free wages and to cash in on his last year!?

Can you imagine a whole season with Mason leading the line on his own or the new chap with just Earnie and Gestades as back up? :? :?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Miller, Velikonja, Gestede, Mason would be decent to have for strikers. I do question if we are in need for a Target man?
I wouldn't jump for one now. I think we get Gestede in for some proper hard and serious training and see how he does in Pre Season! Its a good job we got some games we can fully watch and see how he gets on in Pre Season. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

blueheaven wrote:Tony, If it is Miller i would personally be disappointed because i think with the right service and possibly Bellamy ;) alongside him he will get goals plus if you want promotion you need 4 to 5 strikers of a decent standard so if Miller goes we would defo have to bring another striker in but i trust Malkys judgement and believe we are in for another roller coaster season bring it on :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I backed Miller 110% all season even when he came under a barrage of unnecessary criticism during his lean spells. I agree it would be a shame if he left after only one season but even though today we saw only our second outfield capture of the summer, with Bellamy, Bo Kyung looking extremely likely deals, what's to say Malky hasn't got several more gems lined up. The recruitment drive feels and looks much more determined this time. I think we're beginning to witness the beginning of the clubs'intent

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:43 pm

How many more does malky want city gent? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 pm

CityGent wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Tony, If it is Miller i would personally be disappointed because i think with the right service and possibly Bellamy ;) alongside him he will get goals plus if you want promotion you need 4 to 5 strikers of a decent standard so if Miller goes we would defo have to bring another striker in but i trust Malkys judgement and believe we are in for another roller coaster season bring it on :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I backed Miller 110% all season even when he came under a barrage of unnecessary criticism during his lean spells. I agree it would be a shame if he left after only one season but even though today we saw only our second outfield capture of the summer, with Bellamy, Bo Kyung looking extremely likely deals, what's to say Malky hasn't got several more gems lined up. The recruitment drive feels and looks much more determined this time. I think we're beginning to witness the beginning of the clubs'intent

I agree.

Lets hope more fans now get behind the club sooner rather than later.
We need some momentum as a club.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

CityGent wrote:
Yeah looking good on the recruitment front especially if Bellamy and Bo Kyung come to fruition but being old school like yourself ;) i am gutted we have had to turn red :o before we have seen significant investment on the playing side i honestly believe that 3 players in January last year and we would be in the premiership now but onwards and upwards and let's hope we can do it this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Always Blue wrote:How many more does malky want city gent? :ayatollah:

Bellamy, Bo Kyung are two it seems :) the Keogh deal has hit a stumbling block i've been informed, and i'm sure just like today, our wily Glaswegian gaffer has one or two rabbits to pop out of the hat just yet

definitely ONE more magic trick anyway ;)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:02 pm

So who was the player?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Sounds promising,just hope we sign Bellamy :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:05 pm

blueheaven wrote:
CityGent wrote:
Yeah looking good on the recruitment front especially if Bellamy and Bo Kyung come to fruition but being old school like yourself ;) i am gutted we have had to turn red :o before we have seen significant investment on the playing side i honestly believe that 3 players in January last year and we would be in the premiership now but onwards and upwards and let's hope we can do it this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nobody wanted this red bollocks, and we all hope the mad Malaysians'whim turns into a fad. It makes me feel sick to the stomach, but boycott Cardiff City? I haven't missed a season since i started going Independently 86/87 and like i mentioned briefly earlier on another thread, i respect those who have turned their back on it, but how can i tell my 5yr old son that we can't go and watch Cardiff City because some crazy billionaire has changed the colour of a shirt