Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now This Is Worrying News!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

This story may well have ramifications for the whole of the UK! :(

South London Healthcare NHS Trust is to be put into administration after it ran into financial trouble, the government has announced.

Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has appointed a trust special administrator to go into the trust.

Mr Lansley said: "I have decided it is in the interests of the health service and, in particular, of the patients the trust serves."

The trust was only created in 2009 and is millions of pounds in debt.

It was created by merging three hospitals - the Princess Royal in Orpington, Queen Mary's in Sidcup and the Queen Elizabeth in Woolwich.

Board members suspended.

Mr Lansley said the decision to put the trust into administration followed a recent statutory consultation with the trust board, the strategic health authority and local NHS commissioners.

The special administrator's role will take effect from 16 July and he will "assume full control of South London Healthcare NHS Trust, replacing the functions of the trust board and assuming the role of the accountable officer", the health secretary said.

Mr Lansley added: "At this point, and pending the outcome of the regime, the chair and directors are suspended from their board duties in accordance with the legislation.

"However, some of the executive and non-executive directors will support the trust special administrator in the work he leads during the regime."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18812193

Re: Now This Is Worrying News!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Overthemoon wrote:This story may well have ramifications for the whole of the UK! :(

South London Healthcare NHS Trust is to be put into administration after it ran into financial trouble, the government has announced.

Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has appointed a trust special administrator to go into the trust.

Mr Lansley said: "I have decided it is in the interests of the health service and, in particular, of the patients the trust serves."

The trust was only created in 2009 and is millions of pounds in debt.

It was created by merging three hospitals - the Princess Royal in Orpington, Queen Mary's in Sidcup and the Queen Elizabeth in Woolwich.

Board members suspended.

Mr Lansley said the decision to put the trust into administration followed a recent statutory consultation with the trust board, the strategic health authority and local NHS commissioners.

The special administrator's role will take effect from 16 July and he will "assume full control of South London Healthcare NHS Trust, replacing the functions of the trust board and assuming the role of the accountable officer", the health secretary said.

Mr Lansley added: "At this point, and pending the outcome of the regime, the chair and directors are suspended from their board duties in accordance with the legislation.

"However, some of the executive and non-executive directors will support the trust special administrator in the work he leads during the regime."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18812193

they,ll have to rebrand :D .crazy situation though isn,t?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 pm

It's cos the NHS pays silly money out on staff wages. I know an agency nurse in Heath who gets £17 per hour. Consultants on £170000 per annum 35 hr week plus o/t. Plus all the crap they spend on furnishings, the buyers spend the cash like water cos it's not there money.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

actually they are in the mire because of pfi! stupid politicians on the make with people in building trade!! did you know it costs 100mil to build typical hospital but with pfi it comes out at 400+mil as contract is 20/30yrs long plain stupid and main pr0blem is pfi is a morgage so company :x get money before anything else!!! nothing to do with staff wages

all new hospitals done this way so wait for more trusts being up the creek sooner rather than later!! :roll:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 pm

I know what will improve the situation, more cuts! Oh wait, that's probably the cause. :roll:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

clever c**t's these governments,

they are destroying society from the inside, it will never stop this is what they want debt is control,
put us all in debt and everything will come to a halt and the poor will die off

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:clever c**t's these governments,

they are destroying society from the inside, it will never stop this is what they want debt is control,

You wait until these fuckwits privatise the NHS, "we need to save money to pay off the debt", WE ARE LOSING MORE MONEY.

The only way to clear the debt is simple, create strong and sustainable growth. Can someone explain to me how cutting budgets creates growths?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 am

the NHS has been struggling financially for years, managers put in charge and making the NHS a business instead of putting people in charge who have worked their way up the ranks....and also 2 people to do 1 persons job etc...overpricing on purchases etc

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 am

The NHS in Wales is in control of the WAG and I can assure you the NHS in Wales is in a far worse state and they are shitting themselves about it in Cardiff Bay!!! The WAG Health minister is very, very lucky to be still in her job at the moment.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 am

Angry Man wrote:The NHS in Wales is in control of the WAG and I can assure you the NHS in Wales is in a far worse state and they are shitting themselves about it in Cardiff Bay!!! The WAG Health minister is very, very lucky to be still in her job at the moment.

I suppose we could go back to the tory way.Pay for persciptions and have endless waiting lists for life saving treatment.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:36 am

Angry Man wrote:The NHS in Wales is in control of the WAG and I can assure you the NHS in Wales is in a far worse state and they are shitting themselves about it in Cardiff Bay!!! The WAG Health minister is very, very lucky to be still in her job at the moment.

The NHS does need a shake up, politicians or a hired financial expert should do the business crap and the doctors should keep to doing an excellent job of saving lives.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 am

So we can bail out banks but not hospitals. Good stuff.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 am

RFMH wrote:So we can bail out banks but not hospitals. Good stuff.

That's called democracy. Keep the rich rich and kill off the poor. :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
RFMH wrote:So we can bail out banks but not hospitals. Good stuff.

That's called democracy. Keep the rich rich and kill off the poor. :lol:

when you think about the bank bailouts it really is disgusting.i,m sure there are areas that could be made to save money but it,s a health service not a buisness .too many people getting rich out of it.i heard that if a order is placed it,s got to be done through a prefered scouce when the same things would cost pennies if the the buyer was allowed to access any internet supplier

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

You wait until these fuckwits privatise the NHS, "we need to save money to pay off the debt", WE ARE LOSING MORE MONEY.

The only way to clear the debt is simple, create strong and sustainable growth. Can someone explain to me how cutting budgets creates growths?

Genius idea. perhaps you can tell them how to do it. (create growth).

Cutting budgets, increases profitability, reduces waste and leads to a long term sustainability.

Borrowing money to increase spending, extra burueacratic pen pushers, with their snouts in the trough, at public expense, leads to increase in debt for future generations who are so in debt, highly taxed and have to pay for idiotic social policies. This is unsustainable leading to decline. The clever people leave the country to work for better wages and conditions and those that are left fall further behind in debt as nobody is working/creating to create the wealth.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:55 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I suppose we could go back to the tory way.Pay for persciptions and have endless waiting lists for life saving treatment.

I'd be happy to pay a minimum charge of say £3 for persciptions. That was just an election stunt by Welsh Labour and boy aren't they paying for it now!!!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I'd be happy to pay a minimum charge of say £3 for persciptions. That was just an election stunt by Welsh Labour and boy aren't they paying for it now!!!

7.65 i payed yesterday adam.in staffordshire

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:17 pm

glas wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Genius idea. perhaps you can tell them how to do it. (create growth).

Cutting budgets, increases profitability, reduces waste and leads to a long term sustainability.

Borrowing money to increase spending, extra burueacratic pen pushers, with their snouts in the trough, at public expense, leads to increase in debt for future generations who are so in debt, highly taxed and have to pay for idiotic social policies. This is unsustainable leading to decline. The clever people leave the country to work for better wages and conditions and those that are left fall further behind in debt as nobody is working/creating to create the wealth.

But there was nothing wrong with the economy under labour, it was strong. The only problem was borrowing and the banks.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
But there was nothing wrong with the economy under labour, it was strong. The only problem was borrowing and the banks.

The naivety of this statement cannot be understated.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

jtc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

7.65 i payed yesterday adam.in staffordshire

That maybe the case but a minimum charge of something like £3 would boost the coffers in the Welsh NHS. Unfortunately the truth is that the sick are costing a NHS system which doesnt charge for persciptions a fortune and its not nice to say but I w0ould imagine a big percentage of them haven't paid a penny into the system. When I lived in Australia all non-Australian citizens had to pay more into the medicare system more or less to play catch-up and that should also be adopted here. The problem with this country is that everyone wants to be too PC and its the non PC topics which are costing us!!!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:48 pm

RFMH wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

We had strong growth, higher employment rate. What was naive about that?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Do you honestly believe that..? Sold out gold at an low price, huge public spending, unbalanced growth, stole from the pensions and I can go on

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Do you honestly believe that..? Sold out gold at an low price, huge public spending, unbalanced growth, stole from the pensions and I can go on

Stole from pensions???? the Tories are doing the exact same thing but worse, yes they spent a bit too much. Unbalanced growth? We certaintly had more growth then than now, I think our economy has shrank under these nobs.