Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now Glasgow Rangers are gone

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 am

Now Glasgow Rangers have gone how weak is scottish football ? For years it has been either Celtic or Rangers to win the league.So how weak does that now make the Scottish scene What ambitions do the players have now at Celtic? .0nce they get knocked out of Europe what passion or ambitions have they got left?IS IT much of an achievement now to win the Scottish Premier League?Where will be the excitement for the fans as they now know its odds on they will win the league?

Re: Now Glasgow Rangers are gone

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 am

john52 wrote:Now Glasgow Rangers have gone how weak is scottish football ? For years it has been either Celtic or Rangers to win the league.So how weak does that now make the Scottish scene What ambitions do the players have now at Celtic? .0nce they get knocked out of Europe what passion or ambitions have they got left?IS IT much of an achievement now to win the Scottish Premier League?Where will be the excitement for the fans as they now know its odds on they will win the league?

Their only real challenge will be the games in the Champions League and then probably the Europa League when they've been elliminated from the group stages of the Champions League!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 am

DITH80 wrote:
john52 wrote:Now Glasgow Rangers have gone how weak is scottish football ? For years it has been either Celtic or Rangers to win the league.So how weak does that now make the Scottish scene What ambitions do the players have now at Celtic? .0nce they get knocked out of Europe what passion or ambitions have they got left?IS IT much of an achievement now to win the Scottish Premier League?Where will be the excitement for the fans as they now know its odds on they will win the league?

Their only real challenge will be the games in the Champions League and then probably the Europa League when they've been elliminated from the group stages of the Champions League!

I agree and it's going to be a lot harder for them to entice other players to the SPL for them as well, which is why I was quietly confident that we still had a good chance of getting Kim Bo Kyung to sign for us over them. With German Champions Dortmund supposedly interested as well though, I'm not so confident in him choosing us over them! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

Overthemoon wrote:
DITH80 wrote:

I agree and it's going to be a lot harder for them to entice other players to the SPL for them as well, which is why I was quietly confident that we still had a good chance of getting Kim Bo Kyung to sign for us over them. With German Champions Dortmund supposedly interested as well though, I'm not so confident in him choosing us over them! :ayatollah:

If the guy wants to gain experience of european football and be a regular first team player, he would be better off choosing us or Celtic. However as you correctly point out, the standard of the opposition in the SPL in the coming season will be pretty poor. The Championship would be the ideal place to familiarise himself with European football. Lets hope so anyway!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 am

DITH80 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
DITH80 wrote:

If the guy wants to gain experience of european football and be a regular first team player, he would be better off choosing us or Celtic. However as you correctly point out, the standard of the opposition in the SPL in the coming season will be pretty poor. The Championship would be the ideal place to familiarise himself with European football. Lets hope so anyway!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:25 pm

If Rangers are made to start agin in the bottom division, so at least 3 years out of the SPL, then the game will die up there. Will be as poor as the Welsh leagues. TV and sponsorship will pull the pin.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:05 pm

CP76 wrote:If Rangers are made to start agin in the bottom division, so at least 3 years out of the SPL, then the game will die up there. Will be as poor as the Welsh leagues. TV and sponsorship will pull the pin.

Where else do new clubs start??? Scottish football has been dead for years because of Celtic and Rangers, it can't get any worse.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:20 pm

IF players go to Celtic now surely it is for the money

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm

PtB wrote:
CP76 wrote:If Rangers are made to start agin in the bottom division, so at least 3 years out of the SPL, then the game will die up there. Will be as poor as the Welsh leagues. TV and sponsorship will pull the pin.

Where else do new clubs start??? Scottish football has been dead for years because of Celtic and Rangers, it can't get any worse.

I agree

The firm have killed competition and this could be a new dawn for scottish football.
trouble is - we are in the middle of a 10 year recession so bums on seats is hard to do and money/merchandising/sponsorship- just the same.

I think it would be better all round if Rangers 2012 started at the bottom. they are not allowed in euro competition anyway and have no cash to combat Celtic/Hearts/Utd/Aberdeen/Well anyway.

Would be a great journey seeing them rise and come back from the dead - I think it could be marketed on Sky too.

Could we learn from this event

Is Manchester the new Glasgow?????? Could be if Sheik Rattle&roll fucked up City with multi millions of debt? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

would rangers now they are out the s.p.l be able to do their own t.v deal?fans worldwide .personally i don,t think it,s the end of the world for rangers.start again.run it right and get some jock youth in or some out the n.i league.the div 3 teams will be rubbing their hands together.basically just give 3/4 of the ground over to the gers.if the new company have to honour the ols s/t.s don,t forget they sold loads for this year in advance.40k plus in div 3 :shock:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Scottish football was always a joke, even more so now. The 'Old Firm' deserve each other, with their sectarian crap. Thank God that we are more civilised in England and Wales. And Malky bottled the question, 'would you support a re-branding of Celtic?'

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:01 am

jtc wrote:

would rangers now they are out the s.p.l be able to do their own t.v deal?fans worldwide .personally i don,t think it,s the end of the world for rangers.start again.run it right and get some jock youth in or some out the n.i league.the div 3 teams will be rubbing their hands together.basically just give 3/4 of the ground over to the gers.if the new company have to honour the ols s/t.s don,t forget they sold loads for this year in advance.40k plus in div 3 :shock:

It's been reported that Rangers have sold 250 season tickets. Nobody will buy a season ticket for a "club" that isn't even a member of a league at present. Most fans cancelled their ST's as part of their hounding Charles Green campaign. There are few division 2&3 grounds up here that hold over 4,000 so not the biggest of pay days but better than nothing.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 am

jtc wrote:

What are the 40k gonna do? Stand outside the ground and peek over the fence at away games :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
jtc wrote:

What are the 40k gonna do? Stand outside the ground and peek over the fence at away games :lol:

i meant for home games.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:40 am

PtB wrote:
jtc wrote:

It's been reported that Rangers have sold 250 season tickets. Nobody will buy a season ticket for a "club" that isn't even a member of a league at present. Most fans cancelled their ST's as part of their hounding Charles Green campaign. There are few division 2&3 grounds up here that hold over 4,000 so not the biggest of pay days but better than nothing.

once it,s settled what league they are going in they will sell tickets by the load though surely?do you think that rangers fans will FOLLOW FOLLOW in div 3?i would say they would but you may know more about it as you,re up that way.i,v been to watch hearts a few times.surprised they havn,t died courtesy of romonov.no wonder the jambo,s voted no for rangers to stay in the s.p.l.romonov can see champs league coin

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:03 pm

A clever businessmen could make ALOT of money from the SPL now.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:07 pm

jtc wrote:
PtB wrote:
jtc wrote:

once it,s settled what league they are going in they will sell tickets by the load though surely?do you think that rangers fans will FOLLOW FOLLOW in div 3?i would say they would but you may know more about it as you,re up that way.i,v been to watch hearts a few times.surprised they havn,t died courtesy of romonov.no wonder the jambo,s voted no for rangers to stay in the s.p.l.romonov can see champs league coin

I hope they do turn out in numbers, but it's not so long ago where they reguarly turned out 15,000 in the top flight when they were really Rangers so will be interesting to see what happens now.

I always though Hearts would be the next one to go up here. All the clubs are in the shit though - shows you how bad things can go when one man is basically guaranteeing the clubs debt(and coupled with all the dodgy financial goings ons at Ibrox!) and gets fed up. There must be a heap of English clubs in a similar boat - there certainly is up here.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:A clever businessmen could make ALOT of money from the SPL now.

yea, change all the teams' colours to red and get a TV deal in Asia... ;)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Truthfully Scottish football has now got to be classed as a joke

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:03 pm

PtB wrote:
jtc wrote:
PtB wrote:
jtc wrote:

I hope they do turn out in numbers, but it's not so long ago where they reguarly turned out 15,000 in the top flight when they were really Rangers so will be interesting to see what happens now.

I always though Hearts would be the next one to go up here. All the clubs are in the shit though - shows you how bad things can go when one man is basically guaranteeing the clubs debt(and coupled with all the dodgy financial goings ons at Ibrox!) and gets fed up. There must be a heap of English clubs in a similar boat - there certainly is up here.

i,d say so mate.i just want my club run prudently.anything else is abonus