Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Kim sign before the Olympics

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 am

Hope so, otherwise we may very well lose out on him. I have a feeling he is going to be a star of the footy at the Olympics. Snap him up quick Malky :ayatollah:

Re: Will Kim sign before the Olympics

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:03 am

I've got a feeling if Dortmund or Celtic are genuinely interested, he will go to one of them, especially with the lure of champions league football.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:24 am

I still can't work out how he will get a work permit for the UK, he hasn't featured in 75% of internationals in the last two years.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:31 am

ihatealiens wrote:Hope so, otherwise we may very well lose out on him. I have a feeling he is going to be a star of the footy at the Olympics. Snap him up quick Malky :ayatollah:

I agree...
The longer it goes on the less chance we'll have in my opinion.

GET ON THE BLOWER MALKY!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 am

bspark wrote:I still can't work out how he will get a work permit for the UK, he hasn't featured in 75% of internationals in the last two years.

I don't know how or can remember, but I'm sure I read something about it being different to malyasian players because of his scholarship, English speaking and some other factors?

Maybe someone in the know can explain?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

Merlin wrote:
bspark wrote:I still can't work out how he will get a work permit for the UK, he hasn't featured in 75% of internationals in the last two years.

I don't know how or can remember, but I'm sure I read something about it being different to malyasian players because of his scholarship, English speaking and some other factors?

Maybe someone in the know can explain?

it was harder for malaysian players because the countries FIFA world ranking was poor and so low, South Korea is higher up and the country football wise is more advanced meaning their players have a higher chance of being able to work in other countries!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:56 am

As others are sayin Malky needs to get on the blower, otherwise hes just going to be one of many players we could have signed. But lost out because Malky is taking his time.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:As others are sayin Malky needs to get on the blower, otherwise hes just going to be one of many players we could have signed. But lost out because Malky is taking his time.

I would have thought that the opposite would be correct here, with Malky keen to bring him in ASAP and with Kimbo and his agent content to see who comes up with the best package, whether that be us, Celtic, Dortmund or anybody else for that matter! :ayatollah: