Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just an idea: 'Open Season Tickets'..?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:56 am

There are many including myself who feel that due to other commitments it isn't worth having a season ticket. However do you think it will be beneficial if the club had a 'Open Season Ticket' plan.

This way up to five fans could be allocated to one season ticket and businesses could buy into it and offer it to employees every game.

Re: Just an idea: 'Open Season Tickets'..?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:46 am

it already happens,a person can share his or her ticket with any other adult, it goes on all the time.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 am

BigGwynram wrote:it already happens,a person can share his or her ticket with any other adult, it goes on all the time.

Yes but its not supposed to and the named holder then gets a warning letter.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 am

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:it already happens,a person can share his or her ticket with any other adult, it goes on all the time.

One of the lads in our group must have gone to about 10 games last season and then others used his season ticket for the all the other games as he never got a warning letter. The only time it's an issue is if a adult uses a concession ticket, then youve got to pay the difference I think?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 am

Many years ago my Dad's company where he worked the Sports and Social there used to have an open Glamorgan CCC membership card that was free to all workers who wished to use it , so no reason why something similar couldnt be done at CCFC ??

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Many years ago my Dad's company where he worked the Sports and Social there used to have an open Glamorgan CCC membership card that was free to all workers who wished to use it , so no reason why something similar couldnt be done at CCFC ??

That was the type of thing I meant. If you pitch it right you could even attract community groups too.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 am

Surely for any organisation if they raffled every game which one season ticket is valid for then it would help bring in extra funds for their organisation

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 am

My mate used his father in law's season ticket last season a few times. They stewards checked my mate one time and took the season ticket off him and the club sent it back to the owner :?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 am

Stavross wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

One of the lads in our group must have gone to about 10 games last season and then others used his season ticket for the all the other games as he never got a warning letter. The only time it's an issue is if a adult uses a concession ticket, then youve got to pay the difference I think?

Angry Man is right for a change :x :)

To clarify your last statement however, mainly due to school and his part time job, my son doesn't manage to get to every single home game. Whenever this occurs, I take a friend and the ticket office charge me an upgrade from my son's student season ticket card, which usually amounts to around £14!

If you look at the back of last season's season ticket card, it says that the card is not transferrable, is subject to the club's terms and conditions, any misuse will result in the card being confiscated and remains the property of Cardiff City football club!

I remember several posters complaining that their cards had been confiscated over the past 3 seasons, where the named person wasn't the one who attended a certain match!

I'm not sure how the scheme being suggested would benefit the club at the moment though, as we don't sell out our full capacity enough as it is!

I assume Angry is expecting that the club would charge the purchaser a larger fee for an open ended season ticket, which I suppose may have some merit in it! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:48 am

What about a season ticket that is only valid for 8 home games per season. The holder gets to pick what games they wish to attend providing there are seats available and they book in advance.

This type of ticket would suit a lot of people who find it hard to make certain matches because of work/mid-week matches/kick off times etc.etc.

just a thought