Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordon Mutch / Chris Burke...

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Was at Silverstone for the F1 on the weekend and met a Birmingham season ticket holder in the pub there.

I asked him about Jordon Mutch since i haven't seen a lot of him, and he compared him to Michael Carrick in that he drops deep to pick up the ball, is very composed and can pick out a pass.

He did say though that, similarly to Carrick, it looks fantastic when you're winning games, but that his lack of contribution going forward is something that is noticeable when the team is losing games (sounds very similar to McPhail in my opinion).

He also said that Mutch is definitely NOT a winger/wide midfielder.

Not surprisingly, he was full of praise for Chris Burke saying that he couldn't believe that we let his contract run down, and that he believes they would have stayed up had they been playing for them in the Premier League.

He laughed when i suggested that Cardiff might be looking to re-sign him, saying there'd supposedly been some interest from Premier League clubs - most noteably Norwich, and that there really would be uproar amongst the fans if either he or Nathan Redmond were to be sold.

Personally, if i could have any player back here from DJ's final season, it would definitely be Burke.
I do think he was given too much of a defensive winger role by Jones most of the time when last here, and that he really thrived on being given more license to attack the full-backs for Birmingham last season.

He is also 100% Malky's type of player. :ayatollah: