Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

do you think Heskey would be a good signing if Malky was interested?

You may select 1 option

View results

Would you welcome Heskey here?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 pm

nothing rumoured about us signing him but i just wanted to know if people would want him here or not?... if Malky was interested in him, would you want him here and do you think he could do a good job?

he's on a free (don't know about how high his wage demands would be) so i think it could be a good shout, good experienced target man and could probably score more goals than he did in the prem!

Re: Would you welcome Heskey here?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Yes, he's a damn hard worker, seems to set up goals but wage may be an issue.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Yes, he's a damn hard worker, seems to set up goals but wage may be an issue.

what was he on with Villa? must have been a fair amount?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:10 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Yes, he's a damn hard worker, seems to set up goals but wage may be an issue.

No idea, but I'm guessing alot.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

i'll have a browse now :D

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

What he was on at villa is irrelevant as he isn't going to get that again without going far afield to some random country.

If MM wants him I wouldn't be against him signing a bit old but had loads to offer.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

i'll have a browse now :D

Good thinking. ;)

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 pm

He was on £60,000 p/w at Villa. A lot for a player who managed just one goal in 16 months.

Of course, he wouldn't be on that here. He's going to struggle getting £30,000 a week at his age and performance level.

A no from me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Jollffe wrote:He was on £60,000 p/w at Villa. A lot for a player who managed just one goal in 16 months.

Of course, he wouldn't be on that here. He's going to struggle getting £30,000 a week at his age and performance level.

A no from me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i just read he was on £50k a week, if we could half that to £25k (very similar to miller) and get rid of earnie/keinan/gerrard then i think it would be a shout!... btw reason he left villa was cos they couldn't afford the £1 million bonus he got for each goal he scored, think that was a load of shit tho :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:18 pm

No. While we are here lets bring Akinfenwa in.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:21 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:No. While we are here lets bring Akinfenwa in.

you're just one of them kids who think he's shit cos he doesn't score enough goals!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:22 pm

I think we could get Ricardo Fuller on cheaper wages.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 pm

'Kids' Im 16 and entitled to an opinion. Im sorry he dosent score enough goals? Thats his f**king job. Oh let me guess he holds the ball up well? Whats his assists then?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:29 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

you're just one of them kids who think he's shit cos he doesn't score enough goals!

Well, that is a big part of his job. :?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:'Kids' Im 16 and entitled to an opinion. Im sorry he dosent score enough goals? Thats his f**king job. Oh let me guess he holds the ball up well? Whats his assists then?

you're still classed as a kid at 16, just cos you pay adult prices on the train now doesn't make you much less of a kid :lol: anyway you can't just judge a player on how many goals he scores! if you want me to look for assists i will, but you got to look at how much distance he travels over the pitch, pass completition etc... i don't think he would have played for england if he didnt have the ability!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Jollffe wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

Well, that is a big part of his job. :?

yes i know that, but you can't just judge someone on the amount of goals he scores!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Just becuse he isn't up to prem level of now doesn't mean he wouldn't destroy this league.
If he signed for another champ club I wouldn't look forward to us playing against him

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Your opinion.. but your saying I cant have an opinion because Im a 'Kid'. Nonsense.
Also he did have the ability 6 years ago. Hes like Yakubu similar kind of striker, but the Yak is 10 times better.
We can do way better.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 pm

if you want some stats heres some... over his entire career he's:

made 702 appearances (62 international caps)
scored 152 goals (7 international goals)

haven't got a clue on assists cos i can't find anything on them, if someone can help then thanks :D

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Look his overall career ent going to back up what he can do NOW. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Your opinion.. but your saying I cant have an opinion because Im a 'Kid'. Nonsense.
Also he did have the ability 6 years ago. Hes like Yakubu similar kind of striker, but the Yak is 10 times better.
We can do way better.

wow now, wow now, where the f**k did i say you can't have an opinion? i didn't, i just debated your own opinion, christ! facts right 1st please... yeah yak is 10x better but look where he's ended up, playing in some shit league in China! IMO heskey would be great in this league, defences are poorer!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:48 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Look his overall career ent going to back up what he can do NOW. :ayatollah:

you can apply that to any player, if Giggs was to sign for us tomorrow at his age would you ask what he can do NOW? noo, you've at least got to give someone a chance!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Yak went for the money.
And He wouldnt be no where near good enough. Akinfenwa would be better. League One would be for him. My opinion.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:if you want some stats heres some... over his entire career he's:

haven't got a clue on assists cos i can't find anything on them, if someone can help then thanks :D

I found a site saying 15, but it doesn't specify to whether or not its just one season or career total. :?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:if you want some stats heres some... over his entire career he's:

I found a site saying 15, but it doesn't specify to whether or not its just one season or career total. :?

think that would be a season :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I fooking hope so. :lol:

Actually, I don't care, you said this isn't a rumour. :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Yak went for the money.
And He wouldnt be no where near good enough. Akinfenwa would be better. League One would be for him. My opinion.

quite obviously :lol: okay that's your opinion (look look i didn't day it was wrong, before you accuse me again ;) ) but he's far to go for a league 1 side!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:55 pm

I wont ;) Id take him, massive risk. But I dont think hes capable and a player that would be in a promotion hunting side. :ayatollah:

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I fooking hope so. :lol:

Actually, I don't care, you said this isn't a rumour. :lol:

i'd say it's more than his goals tbh as he's a target man :lol: and i know, just putting some players names up to debate, this board is lacking football debate these days, most of it is either red/blue/langston/sam/deleted threads/complaining :lol:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... er_id=3453