Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A PROMOTION BONUS

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

It was mentioned recently that if Bellamy signed for Cardiff, he would do so on a contract of £30k+ per week and a lucrative promotion bonus.

If we assume that is true, and I certainly want Bellamy back by the way, do you find it odd that a player is being offered a lucrative promotion bonus but a chance to settle a debt with a similar bonus for the good of the club and helping it becoming debt free cannot be finalised.

Also what about the other squad players, should one player be treated like the king and be offered such a bonus or would every other player get the same rewards. My opinion would be that it could be unsettling for a squad and possibly even be disruptive to the team if there is such differences in reward for team success.

I am not knocking anything but wondering if it is true, is it right for the good of the club and the team ?

Re: A PROMOTION BONUS

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:It was mentioned recently that if Bellamy signed for Cardiff, he would do so on a contract of £30k+ per week and a lucrative promotion bonus.

If we assume that is true, and I certainly want Bellamy back by the way, do you find it odd that a player is being offered a lucrative promotion bonus but a chance to settle a debt with a similar bonus for the good of the club and helping it becoming debt free cannot be finalised.

Also what about the other squad players, should one player be treated like the king and be offered such a bonus or would every other player get the same rewards. My opinion would be that it could be unsettling for a squad and possibly even be disruptive to the team if there is such differences in reward for team success.

I am not knocking anything but wondering if it is true, is it right for the good of the club and the team ?

f**k sam hamman and langston would prefer to go up and give the money to the players tbh

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:It was mentioned recently that if Bellamy signed for Cardiff, he would do so on a contract of £30k+ per week and a lucrative promotion bonus.

they'll all probably get a bonus if we go up anyway, doubt only bellamy would get it!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:It was mentioned recently that if Bellamy signed for Cardiff, he would do so on a contract of £30k+ per week and a lucrative promotion bonus. If we assume that is true, and I certainly want Bellamy back by the way, do you find it odd that a player is being offered a lucrative promotion bonus but a chance to settle a debt with a similar bonus for the good of the club and helping it becoming debt free cannot be finalised. Also what about the other squad players, should one player be treated like the king and be offered such a bonus or would every other player get the same rewards. My opinion would be that it could be unsettling for a squad and possibly even be disruptive to the team if there is such differences in reward for team success. I am not knocking anything but wondering if it is true, is it right for the good of the club and the team ?

its not right but its the way of football.
Just the same as why Rooney get paid much more than wellbeck.

the star player always gets more.

in the real world of builders and office workers its a more level playing field with wages and the job done by an equivalent member of staff. This doesnt happen with footballers. The star man gets more wages.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Not really, players getting promotion bonuses for the work they do the way forward IMO. Keeps them interested all the way through.

Langston it has been said would go for 10m cash by many people. Maybe this bonus was just missed out by everyone because they believed it was common knowledge (it wasn't clearly?). Besides if they have a bonus they ain't truly gone until promotion which is not a nice thought. We want them gone now and for good with no extras.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Craig upset a few SPL players when at Celtic.
Often making comments like "I pay my Gardner more than what your club pay you!!"

He's a wind up merchant and lethal with a putter but I couldn't imagine him acting like this at Cardiff.....Maybe?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:25 pm

[quote="carlccfc"]It was mentioned recently that if Bellamy signed for Cardiff, he would do so on a contract of £30k+ per week and a lucrative promotion bonus.

I am not knocking anything but wondering if it is true, is it right for the good of the club and the team ?[/quo
The problem is you don't know what's true, just like the rest of us.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:25 pm

aj1927 wrote:Craig upset a few SPL players when at Celtic.
Often making comments like "I pay my Gardner more than what your club pay you!!"

He's a wind up merchant and lethal with a putter but I couldn't imagine him acting like this at Cardiff.....Maybe?

wasnt it posted on here when he was with us that he was taking the piss out of a young blues player because he drove a vauxhall corsa? doubt its true but if it is it seems he could be a bit up his own ass :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Both Swansea and Blackpool ended up paying £9 million the day they went up.

These were things automatically triggered by clauses and bonuses. promotion bonuses to management, players, promotion add ons for transfers negotiated in the previou few years etc etc

its not cheap..

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 pm

You are knocking things.

Bugger Sam he can look after himself and always has. You and annis are beginning to sound like his poodles to be honest. Leave it bewteen him and VT to sort out we dont need to know.

If bellamy comes, and im actually beginning to think he will, its a good thing, so be positive and support your team rather than looking for negatives.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 pm

If he will be on £30k+ per week, I'd rather have 2 very good championship players on 15k per week who could play every game.
Of course I would like Bellamy, but not for that money

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Really don't think you can draw parallels between Bellamy and Sam. The basis of Bellamy's bonus would be his contribution over the season.... what would Sam have done this season other than leach?

With regards to the other players then you may have a point. The question would be though maybe not the issue with Bellamy's bonus but the egos of the other team members. I think if in a similar I would recognise and value the contribution a player like Bellamy would offer and take it on the chin.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Bobby Gee wrote:If he will be on £30k+ per week, I'd rather have 2 very good championship players on 15k per week who could play every game.

That's just £5k a week more than what Kenny Miller is on ;)

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Bobby Gee wrote:If he will be on £30k+ per week, I'd rather have 2 very good championship players on 15k per week who could play every game.

That's assuming you would get two very good championship players, assumingly on frees and all for 15k a week. - doubtful.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Dont think its strange what so ever,f**k Langston f**k Sam , sam got our club in to dire straits , why would the Malaysians want to pay sam a little promotion bonus if they can get out of it .

Bellamy and all the City players will deserve a bonus which is built in to all the players contracts if we get promoted.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Worcester bluebird wrote:Dont think its strange what so ever,f**k Langston f**k Sam , sam got our club in to dire straits , why would the Malaysians want to pay sam a little promotion bonus if they can get out of it .

Bellamy and all the City players will deserve a bonus which is built in to all the players contracts if we get promoted.

Yea that's the attitude, we currently owe £37million to Langston and it is growing, there is a possibility of settling for £15million, yea f**k them. :roll:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Thats life.............its the same in every company, you have to pay for the talent and hope that it rubs off and develops others

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Worcester bluebird wrote:Dont think its strange what so ever,f**k Langston f**k Sam , sam got our club in to dire straits , why would the Malaysians want to pay sam a little promotion bonus if they can get out of it .

Yea that's the attitude, we currently owe £37million to Langston and it is growing, there is a possibility of settling for £15million, yea f**k them. :roll:

Malaysians are no fools, they know what they are doing, and if they can save our club around 5million in bonus going to sam , think we should all be happy .

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Most teams have a promotion bonus, nothing suprising.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Worcester bluebird wrote:Yea that's the attitude, we currently owe £37million to Langston and it is growing, there is a possibility of settling for £15million, yea f**k them. :roll:

Bloody hell this pay off is growing quicker than the Greek debt. What happened to £10million gets Langstons debt off the books?

If I read your initial post correctly, the club would be insane to pay Bellamy a £5million bonus for promotion. That's the equivalent of £50k a week for two years. :shock:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 am

carlccfc wrote:

But that's not really the argument here is it?

It's not "do we give Sam 37 million or do we get away with just doling him out 10 million?" Not even close.

It's "does he get 10 million, or does he end up with nothing?"

If he had anything closely resembling a hope in hell of getting the full amount we'd have been back in court months or even years ago.

But we weren't.

People in strong negotiating positions usually negotiate upwards... Not down.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:43 am

No offence Carl but the amount of times the langstone dealings have been brought up the promotion bonus has been clearly ignored time and time again on langstones part. We knew that the Malaysians had offered it as 1 of the 3 deals but it has NEVER been stated to be a part of the 10 million deal that Sam has wanted. I find it irratating that it has been ignored whilst people have slandered VT for "moving the goal posts"

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 am

Most players at the club will have bonuses written into their contract the same way as the might have relegation terms included.

Personally, these big bonuses are needed to attract big players to the club. Alot of that bonus will be returned in extra gate and merchandise sales.....

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:22 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:

No offence Carl but the amount of times the langstone dealings have been brought up the promotion bonus has been clearly ignored time and time again on langstones part. We knew that the Malaysians had offered it as 1 of the 3 deals but it has NEVER been stated to be a part of the 10 million deal that Sam has wanted. I find it irratating that it has been ignored whilst people have slandered VT for "moving the goal posts"

Spot on :ayatollah: I've searched this messageboard and Walesonline for all the recent comments from both sides on the current negotiations.

Nobody has mentioned this promotion bonus on top of the £10m as part of the settlement. It was £8m + a bonus if we got up as one of the 3 options VT put up. Sam has said £10m lump sum was what he wanted :roll:

To be fair to Annis, he was quite straight in responding to a point I made recently, where he accepted that he doesn't think Sam is in these negotiations "for the love of the club", so there has to be an acceptance that he's simply out to get avery last penny he can. Don't forget he demanded a last minute pay-off, for him and his brother, before walking away previously :roll:

Before anyone says "but he's owed £24m and is settling for a fraction" I simply don't believe that he/Langston would do that if they thought they could legally get that money back. My opinion is that something has gone on/been exposed behind the scenes that probably means VT knows that the £24m is a non-starter. I've yet to see a breakdown of where/how the £24m was spent.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 am

carlccfc wrote:

sorry carl but we dont owe langston 37 m you listen to your mate sam too much take alook at the last accounts

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:46 am

piledriver64 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Spot on :ayatollah: I've searched this messageboard and Walesonline for all the recent comments from both sides on the current negotiations.

Nobody has mentioned this promotion bonus on top of the £10m as part of the settlement. It was £8m + a bonus if we got up as one of the 3 options VT put up. Sam has said £10m lump sum was what he wanted :roll:

To be fair to Annis, he was quite straight in responding to a point I made recently, where he accepted that he doesn't think Sam is in these negotiations "for the love of the club", so there has to be an acceptance that he's simply out to get avery last penny he can. Don't forget he demanded a last minute pay-off, for him and his brother, before walking away previously :roll:

Before anyone says "but he's owed £24m and is settling for a fraction" I simply don't believe that he/Langston would do that if they thought they could legally get that money back. My opinion is that something has gone on/been exposed behind the scenes that probably means VT knows that the £24m is a non-starter. I've yet to see a breakdown of where/how the £24m was spent.

top post, 24 miliion with no stadium project when sam was here , cant remember spending big money and big wages on that many players something is not right about 24 million debt owed to them ,i can see the money spent since pr and vt have been at the club