Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kim Bo-Kyung Information

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:20 pm

For those who don't know much about him here is everything you need to know.
South Korean international, 22 years old (high potential for growth), Left footed attacking midfielder/winger (versatile) who plays for Cerezo Osaka. Cerezo Osaka are the same club that Manchester United's latest signing Shinji Kagawa came from before he played for Borussia Dortmund. This is most likely where the rumours of their interest have stemmed from.

South Koreans are known for their work rate which means he is likely to give 100% for the team (e.g Park Ji Sung). I imagine this is why Malky is interested. Park Ji Sung himself has said that Kim is his probable successor in the national team. He has played at U-20 (6 goals), U-23 (2 goals) and at senior level 13 times, scoring 2 in those 13 appearances.

At Osaka he had 38 appearances and 15 goals along with 27 appearances and 8 goals on his loan spell at Oita Trinita. It is clear he has an eye for goal which would be very handy for us, being as Whitts was our only goal scoring threat from Midfield last year.

He is a pacey, creative, attack minded player that has the spark to flourish at this level and is capable of being more than a handful to some of the tougher defences. Check this video of his highlights below if you don't believe he is worth getting excited about.

What are everyone's thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b6-DCakwvA

Re: Kim Bo-Kyung Information

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Quality just the player we need my only issue would be the standad he has been playing at not the best marking was awful in some of those clips. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 pm

AMAZING! I hope Celtic realise what a great player they are getting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 pm

read on twitter than some japanese reporter talking to fans on there said he wasn't the fastest of players out there, just have to wait and see! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 pm

birchblue wrote:Quality just the player we need my only issue would be the standad he has been playing at not the best marking was awful in some of those clips. :ayatollah:

Yeah I suppose but you can only beat what you come up against, even the best of players start out in poor leagues so we will have to wait and see!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:AMAZING! I hope Celtic realise what a great player they are getting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope he realises the SPL is a one team league and that he would rather join a premier league bound club! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:46 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:read on twitter than some japanese reporter talking to fans on there said he wasn't the fastest of players out there, just have to wait and see! :ayatollah:

He looked pretty quick to me from what I've seen of him. If he isn't he is most likely an engine anyway which is definitely a plus.