Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Moment of Clarity This Afternoon

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Don't want this to turn into a Red v Blue argument, because we all have strong feelings and emotions and we can't help feeling the way we do...

So far this summer I've not looked forward to the new season at all. I guess I've been in a minor form of denial, where I've kind of put off having to confront the first game of the season as I think it's going to hurt me a lot.

Then driving home today, it hit me right in the heart and I realised that I may never get to watch a Cardiff City I love ever again. My one true passion in life, might just be gone forever...

I'm not gonna lie or talk shit, this has genuinely made me feel really down. I hope Vincent Tan understands the way he has made some of us feel and I can only think that many more will be feeling the way I have done today, come August. Or maybe they already do, I've just been a little late facing up to my emotions.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Keep Cardiff Blue campaign is being run in the right way and believe their tactics so far have been horribly wrong. If anything, it's just going to push Vincent Tan further away from compromise and that is a very worrying thought.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Re: Moment of Clarity This Afternoon

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Despite my acceptance of the whole re-branding saga, I do feel the same way as you believe it or not!

As I've said on here and to Annis, I'd prefer Cardiff to stay Blue. I can understand all of the "Blue camp/pro-blue/Blue army", or what ever they call themselves, points of views, I really can. Yes, I may have been too hasty to criticize, a bit harsh and very defensive. But the reason why I have been like that, is because I believe the club COULD benefit from this. (Please note the emphasise on "could")

Honestly, when I first heard of the re-branding, I thought it was a really bad joke from the Jacks. When I found out it was true I was in dismay! But then I read the reasons why such changes were proposed and then I thought of it as a new era.

P.S, I keep meaning to buy a t-shirt from your site, I will eventually. :D

City Til I Die. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Despite my acceptance of the whole re-branding saga, I do feel the same way as you believe it or not!

As I've said on here and to Annis, I'd prefer Cardiff to stay Blue. I can understand all of the "Blue camp/pro-blue/Blue army", or what ever they call themselves, points of views, I really can. Yes, I may have been too hasty to criticize, a bit harsh and very defensive. But the reason why I have been like that, is because I believe the club COULD benefit from this. (Please note the emphasise on "could")

Honestly, when I first heard of the re-branding, I thought it was a really bad joke from the Jacks. When I found out it was true I was in dismay! But then I read the reasons why such changes were proposed and then I thought of it as a new era.

The funny thing is mate, when it all came out I was like really angry at people supporting the rebranding and got into quite a few arguments with people over it.

But in the cold light of day, we're all on the same side. We all love Cardiff City and our strong feelings are strong because we all care about what's happening.

Would love you to buy a shirt too mate, although you might want to wait a couple of weeks as I've got some kick ass new designs being produced as we speak! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 pm

12thMan wrote:Don't want this to turn into a Red v Blue argument, because we all have strong feelings and emotions and we can't help feeling the way we do...

So far this summer I've not looked forward to the new season at all. I guess I've been in a minor form of denial, where I've kind of put off having to confront the first game of the season as I think it's going to hurt me a lot.

Then driving home today, it hit me right in the heart and I realised that I may never get to watch a Cardiff City I love ever again. My one true passion in life, might just be gone forever...

I'm not gonna lie or talk shit, this has genuinely made me feel really down. I hope Vincent Tan understands the way he has made some of us feel and I can only think that many more will be feeling the way I have done today, come August. Or maybe they already do, I've just been a little late facing up to my emotions.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Keep Cardiff Blue campaign is being run in the right way and believe their tactics so far have been horribly wrong. If anything, it's just going to push Vincent Tan further away from compromise and that is a very worrying thought.

if you dont watch cardiff city again its down to you and no one else its your choice :( cardiff city has been here over 100 years and will still be 100 years with or with out you :ayatollah: so stop throwing your toys out of the pram and get behind the club like the majority :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I haven't looked forward to a season as much since our first season in the champ.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I haven't looked forward to a season as much since our first season in the champ.

cardiff city fc 2012/13 championship league winners :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
12thMan wrote:Don't want this to turn into a Red v Blue argument, because we all have strong feelings and emotions and we can't help feeling the way we do...

if you dont watch cardiff city again its down to you and no one else its your choice :( cardiff city has been here over 100 years and will still be 100 years with or with out you :ayatollah: so stop throwing your toys out of the pram and get behind the club like the majority :ayatollah:

Cheers mate, great post.

Exactly what I needed, when feeling the way I do...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:18 pm

12thMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Despite my acceptance of the whole re-branding saga, I do feel the same way as you believe it or not!

The funny thing is mate, when it all came out I was like really angry at people supporting the rebranding and got into quite a few arguments with people over it.

But in the cold light of day, we're all on the same side. We all love Cardiff City and our strong feelings are strong because we all care about what's happening.

Would love you to buy a shirt too mate, although you might want to wait a couple of weeks as I've got some kick ass new designs being produced as we speak! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

At the moment I just want this top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

awesome top ,proud of our history but ninian park has gone time for the new chapter :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

That looks awesome fairplay!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:21 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

awesome top ,proud of our history but ninian park has gone time for the new chapter :ayatollah:

I know, as I said, I'm not against the changes. I just like the top. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Keepcardiff blue campaign and agenda could certainly push vt out of the club and push Cardiff city to be the next Glasgow rangers its as simple as that

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:

Keepcardiff blue campaign and agenda could certainly push vt out of the club and push Cardiff city to be the next Glasgow rangers its as simple as that

have to agree lets get the money off tan and see if he delivers ,rangers are fucked

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Chris I'm thinking of buying a few shirts from you pretty soon...BTW I had no idea of your passion for City back in the Tesco days. :lol: :lol: If only I knew! Anyway are you selling through any retailers at all yet as id love to try for size before hand when I pop down..Im really looking at a few of these to show up here is scouse land though...love standing out. :P

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Chris I'm thinking of buying a few shirts from you pretty soon...BTW I had no idea of your passion for City back in the Tesco days. :lol: :lol: If only I knew! Anyway are you selling through any retailers at all yet as id love to try for size before hand when I pop down..Im really looking at a few of these to show up here is scouse land though...love standing out. :P

Hi mate, hope you're keeping good!

I've been trying to get the shirts in the club shop over the last few months, but had no success so far. Which is pretty demoralising as I know they'd do really well, if they were just given a chance!

Within the next 3-4 weeks I've got a couple of new designs coming in and to mark that, they'll hopefully be getting stocked in a new clothes store in Castle Arcade called Low Coal.

Fingers crossed I can sort something out and get them in a fixed location by the start of the season. The quality of the shirts always suprises people when they see them in flesh, so it'd be good to get them out there!

Take care mate.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:54 pm

12thMan wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:Chris I'm thinking of buying a few shirts from you pretty soon...BTW I had no idea of your passion for City back in the Tesco days. :lol: :lol: If only I knew! Anyway are you selling through any retailers at all yet as id love to try for size before hand when I pop down..Im really looking at a few of these to show up here is scouse land though...love standing out. :P

I've been trying to get the shirts in the club shop over the last few months, but had no success so far. Which is pretty demoralising as I know they'd do really well, if they were just given a chance!

Within the next 3-4 weeks I've got a couple of new designs coming in and to mark that, they'll hopefully be getting stocked in a new clothes store in Castle Arcade called Low Coal.

Fingers crossed I can sort something out and get them in a fixed location by the start of the season. The quality of the shirts always suprises people when they see them in flesh, so it'd be good to get them out there!

Take care mate.

Won't the club allow you to open up a stand on matchdays? :?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

Take care mate.

I don't think its the brand image he is looking for, its quality garment with a thought out brand identity and a pretty impressive website. I think a stand would cheapen the brand. Through quirky/urban retailers is the way forward...or maybe thats just me. :? :?

It just depends if he wants to sell the soul or not, shit loads of quick fast money at the cost of future brand credibility and exclusivity...and I think his opening post gives us the answer. :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm really looking forward to the new season. It is really exciting that our club is the first to try this revolutionary move. Its the way forward for football in UK and the world, and we get to do it first!

Exciting times!

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

(and I'm not being sarcastic)

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

Take care mate.

I don't think its the brand image he is looking for, its quality garment with a thought out brand identity and a pretty impressive website. I think a stand would cheapen the brand. Through quirky/urban retailers is the way forward...or maybe thats just me. :? :?

It just depends if he wants to sell the soul or not, shit loads of quick fast money at the cost of future brand credibility and exclusivity...and I think his opening post gives us the answer. :lol: :lol:

Anthony, you are literally one of the only people to ever get what I'm trying to do mate! Money is a secondary thing for me, it's more about the designs and making good quality clothing.

This is hopefully where they're going to be stocked within a few weeks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djBl2fSOcm0

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 pm

12th Man

I think you have captured the pains that most of us are having.
I am torn in two.

Leave
or
stay and try to make sense of it. (I'm going to stand up and sing till I'm horse or get banned)

It is shocking - no matter what anyones views are.
This club is a factor in my life's memories.

First game in League will be tough - but I'm not going to let these bastards beat me
Just yet.

I hate the fact that fans have been moved to stop going. And I understand.
I don't want to do the same though.

I really feel that one mans decision has no bearing on the history or lifetime of
Cardiff City FC

I briefly stopped going when the club bought robbie fowler -disgusted by the blatant rush to merchandise to
Loyal fans and kids. (That back-fired).
I stopped after a few months at CCS, couldn't handle the soulless corporate blandness
And lack of individuality of our stadium.

I came through it as, when I looked around - it was happening throughout football.

These days - the Beautiful game can seem like the Ugly game.

Look around and the majority of teams have disgruntled fans.

It aint just us mate
Blue Army :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 pm

12thMan wrote:

Fingers crossed I can sort something out and get them in a fixed location by the start of the season. The quality of the shirts always suprises people when they see them in flesh, so it'd be good to get them out there!Take care mate.

I can vouch for the quality of the shirts having recently purchased the navy T shirt with the design featuring the Cardiff City coat of arms, Bluebird and pick & shovel cracking design keeping it for the new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Well some of the biggest brands have started from pure passion, an eye for detail and absolute quality. If you keep to your ideology it will only benefit you down the line. I love fashion and was store manager at fenchurch for a while and it was ALL about having a message, a story, a way of life that people would buy in to....did you ever see the store, it was sick!

Good luck to you.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 pm

I've always been amazed how much printed tshirts go for these days.
I was down the city shop and they had loads reduced from £20 to £10 but it still didn't interest me at that price and not because of the quality of style just because at the end of the day they are white tshirts with a print on.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I've always been amazed how much printed tshirts go for these days.
I was down the city shop and they had loads reduced from £20 to £10 but it still didn't interest me at that price and not because of the quality of style just because at the end of the day they are white tshirts with a print on.

I think it's a common misconception that producing T-Shirts is cheap and easy to do, but it's actually really expensive these days if you do it properly on good quality shirts. As the price of cotton has risen dramatically in recent years [like every other raw material on the planet!]

Selling the shirts in the sale at £10, would probably mean the club is selling them at a loss and unless you're Tesco / Asda selling cheap mass produced tat made in India, it's not practical to sell them for anything less than £17 - £20.

All the shirts I use are made from fair trade cotton, as it'd give you nightmares if you knew how people are treated that produce clothes for the mass market...

http://www.fairwear.org/

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

12thMan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I've always been amazed how much printed tshirts go for these days.

I think it's a common misconception that producing T-Shirts is cheap and easy to do, but it's actually really expensive these days if you do it properly on good quality shirts. As the price of cotton has risen dramatically in recent years [like every other raw material on the planet!]

Selling the shirts in the sale at £10, would probably mean the club is selling them at a loss and unless you're Tesco / Asda selling cheap mass produced tat made in India, it's not practical to sell them for anything less than £17 - £20.

All the shirts I use are made from fair trade cotton, as it'd give you nightmares if you knew how people are treated that produce clothes for the mass market...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair enough dude, not questioning it.
They have generally seemed expensive for what they are to me (not yours just all of em).
I've always been more of a shirt and shoes guy anyway :lol:
Always liked the look of ya tops tho especially the Ninian park ones

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am

12thMan wrote:

I disagree producing t-shirts can be very cheap if you know what you are doing and as you say the more you produce the cheaper it is. But I think your ideas on pricing are wrong if you are losing money on a shirt for £10 then you are probably being ripped off as i know on a good quality shirt with a screen print i would be making a nice few £ on a t-shirt.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:40 pm

djwayne wrote:
12thMan wrote:

I disagree producing t-shirts can be very cheap if you know what you are doing and as you say the more you produce the cheaper it is. But I think your ideas on pricing are wrong if you are losing money on a shirt for £10 then you are probably being ripped off as i know on a good quality shirt with a screen print i would be making a nice few £ on a t-shirt.

You can't get a good quality T-Shirt and 5 colour screen print job in this country for less than £8 - unless you're ordering hundreads at a time or consider Gildan / Hanes to be good quality shirts.

If you can prove otherwise, I'd pay you some serious £££ for the info - but months of research have proven otherwise.

Looking forward to your response though mate...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:50 pm

12thMan wrote:

I hope you have some new options in Red mate :D