Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh Football Survey

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:49 pm

The following survey is part of my Welsh Bacc project for my 6th form work. I am currently doing a investigation in to Welsh football, more particularly 'Why have Wales been unsuccessful in international football in comparison to Uruguay, a country of similar size', if you could take the time to complete the survey it would help me in my research.

I have a big interest in Welsh football and the results/progress of the national team which is why I chose it for my project, I don't feel the FAW are doing a good job, particularly in youth and Welsh leagues and it annoys me that many Welshman take the glory hunting mentality of 'I don't support Wales because their shit, so I support England'.

http://danielmetcalf.polldaddy.com/s/we ... all-survey

Cheers guys :ayatollah:

Re: Welsh Football Survey

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Posh rugby c..ts

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Done mate

Check out the Northern Ireland Milk Cup.
Great competition.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Welsh Bacc :evil: :lol: Done the survey mate, good luck with the rest of the essay :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Bledd10 wrote:Welsh Bacc :evil: :lol: Done the survey mate, good luck with the rest of the essay :ayatollah:

Haha yes but worth it for the chance of 120 UCAS points (A at A2), thanks for the responses so far guys :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Welsh bacc is the shittish thing ever did the apucation of number today :( how boring but at least it gets us some easy ucas points just did the survey 8-)

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Done! Best of luck with the rest of the project.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:35 pm

done . hope you do well . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Done. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 pm

phildavies wrote:Welsh bacc is the shittish thing ever did the apucation of number today :( how boring but at least it gets us some easy ucas points just did the survey 8-)

Yeh it's shit but it's actually worth it so trying to get it out of the way, cheers :D

Thanks for all the other replies/participators as well, a good response so far. Will definitely check out that Milk Cup :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 pm

done .

question 7 . i think youth development is at the best it's ever been here in Wales . For instance the FAW is now taking small sided games and futsal very seriously within the development of young footballers across the country . The emphasis now is on youngsters is develop skills and techniques and playing futsal at a young age is the way forward for generations to come . You will see a welsh national futsal league appearing next season both north and south for instance and already Wales has a national futsal team mainly made up of young players which started 7 months ago

As for the current state of the welsh league well it' s still stale and most facilities are pretty average . The less said about the state of the pitches in the middle of winter the better ! mind you i took in 11 grounds last year tho -lol

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:done .

question 7 . i think youth development is at the best it's ever been here in Wales . For instance the FAW is now taking small sided games and futsal very seriously within the development of young footballers across the country . The emphasis now is on youngsters is develop skills and techniques and playing futsal at a young age is the way forward for generations to come . You will see a welsh national futsal league appearing next season both north and south for instance and already Wales has a national futsal team mainly made up of young players which started 7 months ago

As for the current state of the welsh league well it' s still stale and most facilities are pretty average . The less said about the state of the pitches in the middle of winter the better ! mind you i took in 11 grounds last year tho -lol

Thanks, nice to see people's input and making me aware on things such as what you have said, will look in to that and include it on my research. I'm not saying Wales' youth system is particularly bad, we've had players like Ramsey and Bale come through recently, too of the best talents in Britain but I think that there focus is too much on the bigger clubs/areas such as Cardiff and not enough on all around the country (I live in Haverfordwest).

If you compare the academies and stadiums in Wales (talking mainly about in Welsh league so no Cardiff/Swansea) to those in Uruguay, Uruguay's are far superior, higher capacities, attendances etc. the league is full of passionate fans and have great atmospheres, they have one of the best rivalries in the world etc. Basically I'm trying to find out what can be done to improve this and try and achieve a better and more consistent youth intake for Welsh teams.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Danile M to keep you in the loop with your project the revolution that's taking place in the UK right now check out this story in the guardian last week

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... CMP=twt_gu

luckily cardiff city and Wales are at the forefront in all this :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 pm

might wanna get your hands on that soccernomics book then mate!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:Danile M to keep you in the loop with your project the revolution that's taking place in the UK right now check out this story in the guardian last week

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... CMP=twt_gu

luckily cardiff city and Wales are at the forefront in all this :ayatollah:

Thanks for that link Mozzer, noticed this quote in it:

"A brief history of futsal

• Devised by Juan Carlos Ceriani in Uruguay in 1930 as a form of five-a-side to be played in YMCAs."

Strange how I end up comparing the two countries :P Things like this, games that encourage technical ability are certainly needed. In the first WC British teams refused to enter due to their superiority complex (I believe, might be wrong) and Uruguay ended up winning it. They developed a style of play that has seen the focus on technical ability and skill whilst British teams have kept maintain the need for physical focus.

It's worked for Spain and we are finally realising players should be judged not just on their size but their technical ability, we need new approaches like this to help development.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 pm

jooshy wrote:might wanna get your hands on that soccernomics book then mate!

Yeh definitely want to read that eventually, got a few football books already mainly Jonathan Wilson, Soccernomics would be more relevant to what I am looking for though :D