Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: People who accept the colour/badge change...

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:48 pm

of course they lied to us, there's no doubt about that. and SBF is right, it has happened all the time, regardless if it was Sam, Rids or the Malays...

Personally, THAT'S WHY I DON'T TRUST ANY OF THEM BASTURDS ANYMORE

what I still dont get is, why so many agree with this rebrand.
They never said "We leave if we dont introduce this crap badge", still no uproar from a big section of our fans, just as if they dont care at all what this badge means and what it represents. "Oh well its just a rebrand, its like when Marathon became Snickers..." CUSTOMERS or CONSUMERS do that...

FFS

football itself is a business, we all know that. and the wheel is spinning downwards as more and more clubs find out the hard way, that they cant just overspend and use money they get as a loan from other people, who later want their money back or they rape the club. theer we must change the system, change our club so we are not dependable (?) on foreign investors, but where the people who love the club have a say and are involved in major decisions (like in Germany e.g.)

BUT a football club isnt just a business, there are people involved who love their club, who finance their club by buying tickets, merch etc...
it is a part of their lives, and to completely change the club around hurts a lot of fans. And thats what happened here, they trampled on our feelings as they stripped us of our colours and crest.

Now there are calls for all fans to get behind Malky and the team, when there were calls for all fans to show opposition to the rebrand (not anti-malaysians) most couldnt care less or were simply too scared to step out of the line. There's a deep divide between us fans now, which, imo can only be solved when we become blue again with our crest reinstated.

How about "We ALL get behind the boys and Malky, and at the same time we ALL stand up for the values, traditions, symbols and colours of Cardiff City FC"
Not abusive, altho I would love to exchange "words" with TG/VT right now, but I can control myself. Make clear what has happened is something which divides the support of the club and explain the reasons. Get the message across we dont want to piss em off, but at the same time we cant agree with the rebrand.

Otherwise (I can only speak for myself here) I cant see how this situation can be solved.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 am

CityGent wrote:
Angry Man wrote:should be f*cking ashamed of themselves. The money isn't in the bank yet the colours and badge has been changed!!!!

Bellamy 'may' sign, yet many forget that he once stated that he would play for nothing yet the moment Liverpool showed interest he followed the pound note!!!

Fair play Ad, the rare times i get to visit this board you're trolling with negativity. FFS take a day off. I haven't got involved online with this highly emotive subject of red and blue yet, but i doubt there is one Cardiff fan that is Pro-Red as some have labelled it and to be honest i respect the people who have given their season tickets up. It's tragic that it's come to that but totally understandable. There are thousands though that without liking it are actually lumping it for their UNCONDITIONAL love of Cardiff City FC. How you can sit there and slag those people off is a joke. Hopefully this is a trial(in my humble opinion it is). If the plan works, we'll be a premier league force with possibly new owners and a return to blue, or if it fails we'll be back in the old Division four playing in blue(which is what some of the old romantics want). It's a joke that there wasn't any dialogue with the fans over this but unlike past regimes, perhaps they assume business should stay in the boardroom. We all hope the Keep Cardiff Blue campaign succeeds, but deep down we all know there isn't a chance yet

Good Post Sums it up for me apart from for me giving up season ticket over it is quite stupid :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:49 am

Hofmeister wrote:of course they lied to us, there's no doubt about that. and SBF is right, it has happened all the time, regardless if it was Sam, Rids or the Malays...

Personally, THAT'S WHY I DON'T TRUST ANY OF THEM BASTURDS ANYMORE

what I still dont get is, why so many agree with this rebrand.
They never said "We leave if we dont introduce this crap badge", still no uproar from a big section of our fans, just as if they dont care at all what this badge means and what it represents. "Oh well its just a rebrand, its like when Marathon became Snickers..." CUSTOMERS or CONSUMERS do that...

You must have missed the statement that was published, when they apologised for causing the upset and that wasn't their intention and went on to say they would not proceed with their investment, however they would try and help the club find investment from other sources. What does that say to you Steph?

FFS

football itself is a business, we all know that. and the wheel is spinning downwards as more and more clubs find out the hard way, that they cant just overspend and use money they get as a loan from other people, who later want their money back or they rape the club. theer we must change the system, change our club so we are not dependable (?) on foreign investors, but where the people who love the club have a say and are involved in major decisions (like in Germany e.g.)

BUT a football club isnt just a business, there are people involved who love their club, who finance their club by buying tickets, merch etc...
it is a part of their lives, and to completely change the club around hurts a lot of fans. And thats what happened here, they trampled on our feelings as they stripped us of our colours and crest.

Now there are calls for all fans to get behind Malky and the team, when there were calls for all fans to show opposition to the rebrand (not anti-malaysians) most couldnt care less or were simply too scared to step out of the line. There's a deep divide between us fans now, which, imo can only be solved when we become blue again with our crest reinstated.

How about "We ALL get behind the boys and Malky, and at the same time we ALL stand up for the values, traditions, symbols and colours of Cardiff City FC"
Not abusive, altho I would love to exchange "words" with TG/VT right now, but I can control myself. Make clear what has happened is something which divides the support of the club and explain the reasons. Get the message across we dont want to piss em off, but at the same time we cant agree with the rebrand.

Otherwise (I can only speak for myself here) I cant see how this situation can be solved.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

CityGent wrote:
Angry Man wrote:should be f*cking ashamed of themselves. The money isn't in the bank yet the colours and badge has been changed!!!!

Bellamy 'may' sign, yet many forget that he once stated that he would play for nothing yet the moment Liverpool showed interest he followed the pound note!!!

Fair play Ad, the rare times i get to visit this board you're trolling with negativity. FFS take a day off. I haven't got involved online with this highly emotive subject of red and blue yet, but i doubt there is one Cardiff fan that is Pro-Red as some have labelled it and to be honest i respect the people who have given their season tickets up. It's tragic that it's come to that but totally understandable. There are thousands though that without liking it are actually lumping it for their UNCONDITIONAL love of Cardiff City FC. How you can sit there and slag those people off is a joke. Hopefully this is a trial(in my humble opinion it is). If the plan works, we'll be a premier league force with possibly new owners and a return to blue, or if it fails we'll be back in the old Division four playing in blue(which is what some of the old romantics want). It's a joke that there wasn't any dialogue with the fans over this but unlike past regimes, perhaps they assume business should stay in the boardroom. We all hope the Keep Cardiff Blue campaign succeeds, but deep down we all know there isn't a chance yet

Couldn`t have said it any better
people need to respect each others view`s, thinkalot of the GO RED BRIGADE are just wind up merchants
how can they honestly want to play in RED :?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:15 am

Are you as big a f*cking idiot in real life?
There's not one supporter who is happy with the
change. but we are stuck with it, for now. some
of the people you refer to have been watching the
city for 30/40 years. and you, a knobed who don't
even go have the front to mug them off?

Yes. i not been much last few seasons, but it
stings. i miss it loads . you obviously do not. Cos
you only live half an hour away. its time you
just fucked off lad. start being your own man
and tell daya your arse is no longer his parking
Space.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 am

Space.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Space.

Actually hes only 15 mins away he lives in Penarth.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

taffyapple wrote:

change
. but we are stuck with it, for now. some

Space.

Going on posts which have previously been made there seem to be many who would play in pink!!!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

CP76 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Space.

Actually hes only 15 mins away he lives in Penarth.

In all fareness to him it can take up to half an hour to get to Penarth if you use Cardiff Bus ;)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
You must have missed the statement that was published, when they apologised for causing the upset and that wasn't their intention and went on to say they would not proceed with their investment, however they would try and help the club find investment from other sources. What does that say to you Steph?

I didnt miss it, it means finding other investors (who put money into the club) or (if the price is right) find a new buyer... nothing wrong with that...