Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Terry

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:56 pm

His explanation that he was just repeating back what Ferdinand said to him is hilarious! I wonder if it will work????

Thoughts lads?

Re: John Terry

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Latest Picture of John Terry on his way to court this morning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:03 pm

This court case is an absolute sham!

A £2500 fine if he gets found guilty :roll: :lol:

I bet he is thinking how do you want it, Cash or Cheque!

This court case is costing tax payers more money than it's worth. Pathetic

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Mafor wrote:Latest Picture of John Terry on his way to court this morning

why has he dressed up as concorde :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:07 pm

droopy wrote:This court case is an absolute sham!

yeah, that's another good angle - hell of a waste of money.

But I can't get over his explanation for it. "i just repeated it back to him" Ridiculous!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm not sure what you are suggesting as an alternative? The money in football for brainless players is abhorrent and the fine is nothing to him. However if found guilty the ramifications should be more than just the fine. The associations are barking constantly about racism and there should therefore be a punishment from the league and his club.

I hate the man, his whole outlook on life is appalling and that is purely down to the pedestal he has been put on and the cash he is given. If innocent then no more should be said about it but if guilty I would want him drummed out of the game but that won't happen.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:40 pm

If he is found guilty the FA will be waiting in wings to charge him with offences under their anti racism regulation, the same as Suarez.

Given that they have already stripped him of the England captaincy I think he can expect a big ban, 10 games plus wouldn't surprise me together with a fine over £50k.

Nothing more than the guy deserves.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 pm

castleblue wrote:If he is found guilty the FA will be waiting in wings to charge him with offences under their anti racism regulation, the same as Suarez.

Given that they have already stripped him of the England captaincy I think he can expect a big ban, 10 games plus wouldn't surprise me together with a fine over £50k.

good point castle it will be interesting to see what the FA do after they threw the book at Suarez. Did he get done in the courts as well, I forget?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
castleblue wrote:If he is found guilty the FA will be waiting in wings to charge him with offences under their anti racism regulation, the same as Suarez.

good point castle it will be interesting to see what the FA do after they threw the book at Suarez. Did he get done in the courts as well, I forget?

No just the FA but in this case they have had to sit back and wait until the court process is complete. If he is found guilty he will have a problem but a not guilt finding will almost certainly mean the FA will not take any further action.

But I believe he will be found guilty as you say this " I was only repeating what he said " is hardly convincing is it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Anton Ferdinand started with the verbals the big f*cking cry baby :roll:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:21 pm

CP76 wrote:Anton Ferdinand started with the verbals the big f*cking cry baby :roll:

There is no excuse for bringing in racism into an argument

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:27 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
CP76 wrote:Anton Ferdinand started with the verbals the big f*cking cry baby :roll:

Sticks & stones :roll:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:30 pm

CP76 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Oh come on there is more behind using a racist term than being insulted cause you sleep with your mates misses. To be honest it wasnt even Anton who made the complaint it was a member of the public

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 pm

CP76 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Sticks and f*cking stones!!!! :shock: you stupid idiot.

He was using a racist comment - doesn't matter who started it, Racism is just LOW! and you are basically agreeing that it doesn't matter. sorry, but your comment is disgusting.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

He was using a racist comment - doesn't matter who started it, Racism is just LOW! and you are basically agreeing that it doesn't matter. sorry, but your comment is disgusting.

What's the difference between using a racist term to insult somebody compared to say insulting somebody because of the colour of their hair or the size of their nose. I'm not defending JT, not condoning racism, but Ferdinand insulted JT, had Ferdinand been ginger and JT said 'f**k off you ginger tw*t' why would that be any different? why shouldn't that warrant a court case?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:46 pm

SeanJr wrote:
Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

What's the difference between using a racist term to insult somebody compared to say insulting somebody because of the colour of their hair or the size of their nose. I'm not defending JT, not condoning racism, but Ferdinand insulted JT, had Ferdinand been ginger and JT said 'f**k off you ginger tw*t' why would that be any different? why shouldn't that warrant a court case?

Well said. Black people call each other 'nigger' all the time - "hey nigga w'appnin". If I got called a white c**t and tried to press charges I'd be laughed out of court. Terry is a prick yes, but this case is laughable. Things get said on the football pitch, that's life. If terry was a KKK lover, loads of his mates wouldn't be black. Anton is a prick too.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 pm

My understanding of what happened (according to John Terry) is that Anton Ferdinand made a number of spiteful remarks including a taunting about his affair with Wayne Bridges ex-girlfriend.

Ferdinand then accused Terry of calling him “A Black ---- etc.”

Terry then quite rightly IMO challenged Ferdinand about this because he had said no such thing. It was this challenge which was picked up on TV footage.

If this is indeed what happened (& Ashley Cole has partly corroborated it) then it raises an important point. Why should a white person (for this example) be branded as a racist or convicted of a racial offence when the Black person (in this example) was the perpetrator?

Indeed I would go further and have a law with extremely harsh penalties for anyone who cried foul and misused the racial aggravation laws in such a way.

It is very similar to women who falsely accuse men of rape and are harshly dealt with.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Sorry Merlin I strongly disagree, it does matter who started it. If for example a blackman accused you of using racist language and you hadn't, would it be right that you are not allowed to challenge him? That is the situation that John Terry finds himself in.

The problem here is Anton Ferdinand who after failing to upset Terry with taunts about Wayne Bridge's girlfriend, decended to playing a sickening race card. The wrong man is in the dock IMO.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Sums it up in a nut shell droopy.

This "case" is costing the UK tax payer money, not Ferdinand, not the clubs and if (a very big IF) Terry is found "guilty" the maximum penalty, yes MAXIMUM is a 2.5k! I'd estimate that this is costing around the five to six million pound mark as the absolute bottom line and for what?

For who?

Who f*cking cares? Some football player said something to some other football player during a game, absolute f*cking bollocks. What about the criminals? The robbers, the muggers, the rapists? I only done it cos he "called me a nigger/white bad boy" bad, bad times.

Mods, please delete if inappropriate, no offence meant to anyone.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:My understanding of what happened (according to John Terry) is that Anton Ferdinand made a number of spiteful remarks including a taunting about his affair with Wayne Bridges ex-girlfriend.

Terry then quite rightly IMO challenged Ferdinand about this because he had said no such thing. It was this challenge which was picked up on TV footage.

If this is indeed what happened (& Ashley Cole has partly corroborated it) then it raises an important point. Why should a white person (for this example) be branded as a racist or convicted of a racial offence when the Black person (in this example) was the perpetrator?

Indeed I would go further and have a law with extremely harsh penalties for anyone who cried foul and misused the racial aggravation laws in such a way.

It is very similar to women who falsely accuse men of rape and are harshly dealt with.

spot on

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:My understanding of what happened (according to John Terry) is that Anton Ferdinand made a number of spiteful remarks including a taunting about his affair with Wayne Bridges ex-girlfriend.

Highly dubious though. Wouldn't he have said "I didn't call you a black cxxx" or "Are you saying I called you a black cxxx instead of what he did say?

...which was just "black cxxx" according to his testimony.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 pm

No-one knows if he was f**king racist towards him? So Shut Up.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:00 pm

its a british 2 tier thing, those that have, and those that havent :roll: for example, terry has money get the best lawyers etc, get a fine, and me, i shout racial abuse at the match. what am i looking at? britain sucks big time. 1 rule for 1 :roll:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

Highly dubious though. Wouldn't he have said "I didn't call you a black cxxx" or "Are you saying I called you a black cxxx instead of what he did say?

TBH I don't care whether he said it or not, I just think its over the top for this to go to court for purely saying 'black'. I find it laughable that had he just called him a 'c**t' then none of this would have come about, it would probably have been a comical video on YouTube titled 'Terry calls Anton a c**t!'. Not condoning it, not defending JT, what he said was racist, but was hardly a Louis Suarez moment, physical aswell as verbal aswell as totally unprovoked!

I personally hope JT wins the case, one word doesn't make you a racist, I'm sure Ashley Cole, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and co will back that up. I know it's technically xenophobia but I'm sure the vast majority of us City fans have refered to English people as 'English cunts' at some stage (unless your English of course lol) but just because I've called somebody something doesn't mean I don't respect English people, doesn't mean I have a hatred for them it's just a word and not a genuine act of racism/discrimination.

Cue the outrage but it's my opinion!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 pm

People think he as racist when no-ones. Jumping to conclusions, fools.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Damned Yank wrote:His explanation that he was just repeating back what Ferdinand said to him is hilarious! I wonder if it will work????

Thoughts lads?

and still they put a splodge on his mouth so the lip readers cant see what he said? :roll:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 am

SeanJr wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

TBH I don't care whether he said it or not, I just think its over the top for this to go to court for purely saying 'black'. I find it laughable that had he just called him a 'c**t' then none of this would have come about, it would probably have been a comical video on YouTube titled 'Terry calls Anton a c**t!'. Not condoning it, not defending JT, what he said was racist, but was hardly a Louis Suarez moment, physical aswell as verbal aswell as totally unprovoked!

I personally hope JT wins the case, one word doesn't make you a racist, I'm sure Ashley Cole, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and co will back that up. I know it's technically xenophobia but I'm sure the vast majority of us City fans have refered to English people as 'English cunts' at some stage (unless your English of course lol) but just because I've called somebody something doesn't mean I don't respect English people, doesn't mean I have a hatred for them it's just a word and not a genuine act of racism/discrimination.

Cue the outrage but it's my opinion!

No outrage here, agree with some of your points TBH.

He should man up though instead of coming up with that hair brained excuse, which in all fairness his overpriced lawyers probly concocted.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Sorry Merlin I strongly disagree, it does matter who started it. If for example a blackman accused you of using racist language and you hadn't, would it be right that you are not allowed to challenge him? That is the situation that John Terry finds himself in.

The problem here is Anton Ferdinand who after failing to upset Terry with taunts about Wayne Bridge's girlfriend, decended to playing a sickening race card. The wrong man is in the dock IMO.

Ferdinand has stated that he did not hear what racist remarks therefore he was not the one to bring up the racist terms it was brought up by a member of public. I think ferdinand is a c**t for starting it all but if terry decided to use racial insults then he has to be punished. This whole "exaggerated sacrasm" is bollocs. They tried to throw out the case due to lack of evidence whivh im guessing has been rejected therefore there must be substantial evidence to acusse terry