Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So if Bellamy turns out shit . .

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:12 pm

So, lets say Bellamy signs, gets his ridiculous wage each week, turns out he isn't as good as everyone expected. Lets also assume Malky only signs 2 more players because of Craig's wages.

Don't get me wrong Craig's a cracking player BUT if it turns out he isn't great and he isn't as good as when he was last here wouldn't you be pissed off knowing that Malky could have gone out for about 5/6 players and they could have been younger? Lets face it how many good playing years has Bellamy got left?

Re: So if Bellamy turns out shit . .

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:14 pm

You're right! Go tell Malky not to sign him. It'll make you a bad fan if you don't.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 pm

bleed_blue wrote:So, lets say Bellamy signs, gets his ridiculous wage each week, turns out he isn't as good as everyone expected. Lets also assume Malky only signs 2 more players because of Craig's wages.

Don't get me wrong Craig's a cracking player BUT if it turns out he isn't great and he isn't as good as when he was last here wouldn't you be pissed off knowing that Malky could have gone out for about 5/6 players and they could have been younger? Lets face it how many good playing years has Bellamy got left?

All hypothetical, who's to say that the 5/6 players Malky could buy with Bellamy's wages would be any good.

Listen, I think to question Craig's ability in the first place is either down right silly or a crave for attention. He has been here before, proved he was fantastic. He was at Liverpool last season and was their best player.

If he came back he would be amazing for the club, on the field and off it. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 pm

droopy wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:So, lets say Bellamy signs, gets his ridiculous wage each week, turns out he isn't as good as everyone expected. Lets also assume Malky only signs 2 more players because of Craig's wages.

All hypothetical, who's to say that the 5/6 players Malky could buy with Bellamy's wages would be any good.

Listen, I think to question Craig's ability in the first place is either down right silly or a crave for attention. He has been here before, proved he was fantastic. He was at Liverpool last season and was their best player.

If he came back he would be amazing for the club, on the field and off it. :ayatollah:

This seems to be the problem, he can do no wrong in some cardiff fans eyes.

And its not a crave for attention. he's 32, he's not exactly in his prime playing days is he..

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:20 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
droopy wrote:

And its not a crave for attention. he's 32, he's not exactly in his prime playing days is he..

He has got adleast 3 years left yet (a good 3 years), he is no angel, but in terms of footballing ability, he has been at the top of the game for the last decade. That doesn't just happen by luck.

You think we could get a better player for £2Million and £35K per week who loves the club and will give it their all week in week out? Not a chance! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:24 pm

bellamy would attract the quality players we need! we're missing out on targets supposibly cos we haven't got a wow factor to the club, that's what bellamy would bring! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 pm

droopy wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:
droopy wrote:

He has got adleast 3 years left yet (a good 3 years), he is no angel, but in terms of footballing ability, he has been at the top of the game for the last decade. That doesn't just happen by luck.

You think we could get a better player for £2Million and £35K per week who loves the club and will give it their all week in week out? Not a chance! :ayatollah:

I don't doubt his love for the club at all. actually, just putting this out there, if he really did love the club would he not take a pay cut? lets be fair he doesnt really need 35k a week does he? considering he's been earning at least that for about 10 years minimum. and dont feed me all the football academy in sierra leone bollocks either. its great that he does it im not saying. And as for being top of THE game for the last decade?? you on glue?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:34 pm

He aint gonna turn into a shit player over night is he, he was one of liverpools best players last season also the only reason hes gonna turn shit next season is if he hits the drink and becomes a gambling addict like chopra but that aint gonna happen because bellamy has always been a top proffesional and wears his heart on his sleeve :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:35 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
droopy wrote:

Well let's see; based on his performances for us last time I would say he did very little wrong. His work ethic was second to none in that team, his passion was there for all to see and, despite arriving with an injury, played in excess of 30 games scoring 11 goals after only being switched to upfront in March by DJ :roll:

Would anyone have bet against us in the play-off semi if he hadn't got injured 10 mins into the 1st leg :?:

Last season most Liverpool fans, and neutral observers, would accept that he was one of the few Liverpool players not to underperform. Even the most diehard Dalglish fans were questionning why he didn't start more often as he frequently looked the most effective player when he did play. I can still remember the sigh of relief amongst City fans in a pub in Wembley when it was announced that Bellamy wasn't starting the Final :lol:

So actually, if you took your bias away from this you will see that the reason why he can "do no wrong" in the majority of City fans minds is because he hasn't let us down yet and, hopefully, he can be the game changer that we were clearly lacking for the run in last season.

He ain't no angel of the field but he demands "no passengers" and in a Malky squad that attitude will fit in very well :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:

He aint gonna turn into a shit player over night is he, he was one of liverpools best players last season also the only reason hes gonna turn shit next season is if he hits the drink and becomes a gambling addict like chopra but that aint gonna happen because bellamy has always been a top proffesional and wears his heart on his sleeve :ayatollah:

Not difficult to be the best player in Liverpool's current squad, just saying. So having a fight with Lee Naylor at half time is a top professional ?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

It will be interesting to see how Malky uses Craig's talents as opposed to DJ who blew promotion with that multi-talented side.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Bellamy is tried and tested - does what it says on the tin.

Isn't this a great signing?

Quality player
A draw to fans
A draw for other players
A sign of ambition
A leader
An aid to younger players and squad

Or

We could get a 'name' who has lost it.

Or
an up an coming foreign/lower league player who costs 4 mill plus and then loses it.

Come on gloomers FFs

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

If he had flopped at liverpool last season i would have definetly questioned him coming here
but its clear he still has desire,work rate ,a winning mentality and pace that will kill at championship level

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:

Not difficult to be the best player in Liverpool's current squad, just saying. So having a fight with Lee Naylor at half time is a top professional ?

Not ideal but that is passion, what i mean by a top proffesional is that he is dedicated to the game

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 pm

30 yrs old, player of the season for Man City!
31 yrs old, one of the players of the season Cardiff! (some opinions may differ)
32 yrs old, one of the players of the season Liverpool

If you don't think Bellamy's good enough for championship level then you are supporting the wrong sport! :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Merlin wrote:30 yrs old, player of the season for Man City!
31 yrs old, one of the players of the season Cardiff! (some opinions may differ)
32 yrs old, one of the players of the season Liverpool

If you don't think Bellamy's good enough for championship level then you are supporting the wrong sport! :lol:

So your saying championship level is easy? he's even stated that its one of the toughest leagues.

And just putting it out there, read my first post. This is all assumption that he doesnt play well.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Its a stupid assumption which goes against the grain of all the evidence in reply.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Mr Benno has a fair point everyone ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Bledd10 wrote:

young bleddlyn! been a while!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 pm

CP76 wrote:Its a stupid assumption which goes against the grain of all the evidence in reply.

Exactly

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:

young bleddlyn! been a while!

Too long benno, too long :cry: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: