Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Three-Way Battle For Kim Bo-Kyung!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 pm

CARDIFF City are locked in a three-way fight with German champions Borussia Dortmund and Scottish giants Celtic to sign one of the rising stars of Asian football.

South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung, dubbed the new Park Ji-sung, confirmed he has opened talks with Malky Mackay’s Bluebirds.

And, even though City would appear the outsiders of the three to land the highly-rated winger cum goal-scoring midfielder, Bo-Kyung himself admitted a move to Wales is a real possibility.

He has already rejected a transfer to fallen French aces Monaco as he weighs up whether to plump for the Bluebirds, Borussia or Celtic.

“I want to play in the UK and Cardiff City is a club which would help me to develop,” said the exciting 22-year-old.

“It doesn’t worry me that Cardiff are in the Championship. I have no experience in Europe so I am happy to learn step-by-step.

“My agent and club officials are currently handling my transfer. I want to play in the UK or Germany. Cardiff and Celtic are places that would enable me to develop.”

Comparisons are already being made in the Far East between Bo-Kyung and Park Ji-sung, who left Manchester United for Queens Park Rangers after a successful spell at Old Trafford.

Bo-Kjung currently plays his club football in Japan for Cerezo Osaka, but his departure for pastures new in Europe seems imminent.

He has been capped 13 times by South Korea, his international debut coming against Zambia in 2010, and has scored twice for his country.

Bluebirds manager Mackay and his recruitment team are searching worldwide for talent as they look to put together a team capable of winning promotion to the Premier.

Bo-Kyung, who could act as a midfield playmaker, fits the bill as the sort of footballer Mackay wants.

Mackay would only say: “I never talk about any players who are with another club.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31367747/

Re: Three-Way Battle For Kim Bo-Kyung!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Thought we had a decent chance of snapping him up with only us and celtic vying for his signature, but with Dortmund being able to offer Champioons League football and a decent League competition, then I'd say they were favourites, but you never know!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 am

That's a player we won't be getting if Dortmund really interested. Next target.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 am

He ain't coming then, he wanted to go to Germany more

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:51 am

two horse race with us an celtic and we had a chance, with dortmund showing interest then there is no way we can compete with that!

i dont know enough about the player to be disappointed....

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:58 am

I think this could well happen. Will be an expensive transfer. English football is where he wants to be and it looks as if he's been made well aware of our intentions this season. This player excites me and could really add a new dimension to our squad.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 am

we got something the others cant offer him we play in red

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 am

He scores the first goal, watch from 1:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9IUa4pbGc

A f*cking beauty. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:He scores the first goal, watch from 1:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9IUa4pbGc

A f*cking beauty. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah:

nice finish, left peg also!!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 am

I see the mandatory bringing in of the Asian players has already started. What did I tell you!!!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:I see the mandatory bringing in of the Asian players has already started. What did I tell you!!!

I don't care if he's from Mars - if he's better than what we already have what does it matter. Why is it mandatory just because he happens to be Korean [not Malaysian]. It didn't stop Bolton, Man Utd or a few others from signing Asian players so why should we be any different just beacause we have Asian owners. If the guy comes judge him on his ability not is nationality ffs.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:57 am

Bolton Mau you and a few others? The Man u one has gone.

Tan is now signing players. Brilliant

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Bolton Mau you and a few others? The Man u one has gone.

How is Tan signing players. The lad is being tracked by Borussia Dortmund and Celtic - does Tan own them and dictate their transfer poilicy too :roll:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 am

Could be Agent talk to generate extra interest, we see it all the time, look at Wilfred Zaha, nobody even tried to bring him in after all that hype last season, I reckon we are number 1 contenders!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am

I would love it if we did get this guy, and playing in the English leagues would show that he is keen to learn his trade and aims to better himself. We know if he goes to the other teams he is looking for money... :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Bolton Mau you and a few others? The Man u one has gone.

Thats whu man utd signed kawaga as a replacement ;)

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:15 pm

citybluechris wrote:

Thats whu man utd signed kawaga as a replacement ;)

Blimey - he gets about a bit Tan doesn't he. Telling us Dortmund, Celtic and now Man Utd who to sign. Whatever next - doing a deal for Bellamy. No, hang on he isn't Asian is he...

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:49 pm

thomas9990 wrote:we got something the others cant offer him we play in red

:lol: That is funny

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:15 pm

I would rather Kim bo Slice.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I watch a lot of Asian club football down here in Australia. My local team is in the Asian Champions League. The quality is shit. Really shit. Nobody even watches most of the time as it is so bad. It is getting better though and there are some gems that could be uncovered in this part of the world. I hope he is one of them. I also hope that Malaysia goes into deep recession and it rains for 1000 days in return for a couple of their lads ripping out the tradition from my club. Tangent halted.