Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question related to rich club owners

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Now that Nottm Forest have been taken over by multi-Billionaire Arabs and look set to spend sh*t loads of money, I've been wondering;

Am I the only one that wouldn't want my club to be bought by these super-rich guys and then be hated by most football fans?

I respect Man Utd and Arsenal for winning the League in the Prem era but not teams that have just splashed the cash in a small period of time like Chelsea and Man City.

I just think I'd rather rise through normal ownership like Sw***ea and not through billionaires like QPR and West Ham.

Anyone agree?

Re: Question related to rich club owners

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Jamie_DB wrote:Now that Nottm Forest have been taken over by multi-Billionaire Arabs and look set to spend sh*t loads of money, I've been wondering;

Am I the only one that wouldn't want my club to be bought by these super-rich guys and then be hated by most football fans?

I respect Man Utd and Arsenal for winning the League in the Prem era but not teams that have just splashed the cash in a small period of time like Chelsea and Man City.

I just think I'd rather rise through normal ownership like Sw***ea and not through billionaires like QPR and West Ham.

Anyone agree?

How much do you think Manure and Arsenal have spent in the last ten years? :D

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 pm

No

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Jamie_DB wrote:Now that Nottm Forest have been taken over by multi-Billionaire Arabs and look set to spend sh*t loads of money, I've been wondering;

Anyone agree?

Fully agree, fans have more respect for clubs who have made it without megarich backers

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Anyone agree?

it wouldnt really matter for us, no club respects us cos 1) we're welsh! and 2) they remember our fans for being a right bunch of cunts! :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 pm

SBF1 wrote:How much do you think Manure and Arsenal have spent in the last ten years? :D

I'm just trying to put it in simple terms :P I'm only 16 too so I don't particularly like talking about before my birth. One thing I know is that Man City have spent more since the Arabs took over than Man Utd have spent in the Prem era.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

Anyone agree?

it wouldnt really matter for us, no club respects us cos 1) we're welsh! and 2) they remember our fans for being a right bunch of cunts! :lol:

I was thinking about mentioning that but I think some of the less ''hardcore'' fans will have sympathy for us with the colour change if we don't spend millions. However, being Welsh isn't much of a problem as basically everyone from England I know loves the Jack twats. Mind you, they wear white and so do England so I'm guessing half of the English can't tell the difference :D

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Miller time wrote:No

It was a Yes/No question so fair enough ;D

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18791016