Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FIRE POWER !

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm

None of us really know what Malky has up his sleeve but I really hope that he recruits a devastating strike force full of goals and pace with at least 4 of his 5 remaining aquisitions (although personally I think we need at least 6 new players). We definitely need another 2 defenders (assuming Gerrard goes) but I think if we are to be a force this season we need a couple of super-quick wingers as well as a couple of strikers who know their way to goal. One of those should be a target man...simply to give us the ability to change things around a bit. The top teams in seasons gone by usually had the ability to switch the strike force mid-game if needed and even rotate strike forces from one game to the next. I thought we looked a bit one-dimensional last season and definitely lacked the ability to launch blistering counter-attacks. :ayatollah:

Re: FIRE POWER !

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Agree, we were one dimentional last season and thats how our opponents worked city out for the second half of the season. We lacked a cutting edge with no pace and width. We have been crying out for a decent striker and width and pace since this time last year. We have brought in a goalkeeper and another midfielder and are currently looking at another defender (Keogh). For some reason this summer we don't seem to be in the running for a striker or wingers. Rodriguez was a non starter.

Lets hope that MM plus something out of the hat otherwise it could be a long season. :ayatollah:

Re: FIRE POWER !

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Agree with you both.

Interesting month or so coming up.....