Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forest Green Away - Info

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 pm

I sent an e mail to the club about train travel to the fixture and got this reply:

"Morning,

There is unfortunately no railway station in Nailsworth but you can get a train into Stroud which is 5miles away.
From the train station you can get a taxi from the rank, or alternatively walk a few minutes to the Merrywalk Bus Station and get on a bus numbered 46 or 93.
These both drop you in Forest Green very near to the ground (Beechwood Close). I am pretty sure these run at least every half an hour, but you could double check on the stagecoach website to coincide with your train.

If you require any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Leanne Norman"

Hope this helps.

Re: Forest Green Away - Info

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Raiderbankk wrote:I sent an e mail to the club about train travel to the fixture and got this reply:

"Morning,

There is unfortunately no railway station in Nailsworth but you can get a train into Stroud which is 5miles away.
From the train station you can get a taxi from the rank, or alternatively walk a few minutes to the Merrywalk Bus Station and get on a bus numbered 46 or 93.
These both drop you in Forest Green very near to the ground (Beechwood Close). I am pretty sure these run at least every half an hour, but you could double check on the stagecoach website to coincide with your train.

If you require any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Leanne Norman"

Hope this helps.

Nice one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 pm

only a 5 mile walk from stroud :lol: :lol: :lol: that should be a piece of cake after a few beers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:52 pm

saddam wrote:only a 5 mile walk from stroud :lol: :lol: :lol: that should be a piece of cake after a few beers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knowing what you are like we would probably have a pub crawl around Stroud instead and miss the game :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
saddam wrote:only a 5 mile walk from stroud :lol: :lol: :lol: that should be a piece of cake after a few beers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knowing what you are like we would probably have a pub crawl around Stroud instead and miss the game :lol: :lol:

I second that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........hope there's a few chippies on the way mind :D

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55 pm

BOWMAN wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i shall check out the local attractions (watering holes) in stroud :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shame it aint on sky :o :o :o :o we could still see the game then ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Marc wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

I second that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........hope there's a few chippies on the way mind :D

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Mate of mine Is a cwnty fan, he said it's a fucker to find if you walk as the ground is on the outskirts in farmers country, best pint at the ground..couple of half decent pubs in Stroud through

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Im planning on having brecky in the lord john in stroud at 9-45 :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 pm

stapes wrote:Im planning on having brecky in the lord john in stroud at 9-45 :ayatollah:

are you going up on the train? if so what time 1 are you going on to get there for that time :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 pm

please tell me ur aving a laugh (you know how gd i am at MOANING :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: )
espesaily with the extra ££££££s im carrying :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ok OK ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: STONE)

so in my finest WEST COUNTRY accent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

f**k RIGHT ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Miller time wrote:Mate of mine Is a cwnty fan, he said it's a fucker to find if you walk as the ground is on the outskirts in farmers country, best pint at the ground..couple of half decent pubs in Stroud through

your not wrong! :o

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q= ... i&ie=UTF-8

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

warebluebirds wrote:

please tell me ur aving a laugh (you know how gd i am at MOANING :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: )
espesaily with the extra ££££££s im carrying :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ok OK ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: STONE)

so in my finest WEST COUNTRY accent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

f**k RIGHT ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes mate i was joking bout the 5 mile walk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:35 pm

just get the train to gloucester station, plenty of boozers to pick from including a weatherspoons, theres a bus then to the ground and back £7, happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm

saddam wrote:
stapes wrote:Im planning on having brecky in the lord john in stroud at 9-45 :ayatollah:

are you going up on the train? if so what time 1 are you going on to get there for that time :ayatollah:

7-10 from bridend mate gets us in gloucester for 8-45 the 9-15 to stroud :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:56 pm

stapes wrote:
saddam wrote:

7-10 from bridend mate gets us in gloucester for 8-45 the 9-15 to stroud :ayatollah:

will know what the plan is for our lot by this weekend and will then see what time train (if we go that route) everyone is happy with. so may see you at some point :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: