Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BLUE KIT!!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 pm

What a masterstroke by the Malaysians, change the colour of the home kit to red and keep a blue away kit, they know such an outrage would have people rushing out and buying the blue strip in protest little realising that they are boosting the clubs coffers significantly to show their "support to the colour blue". They know they are not going to sell many Red strips to the fans and tempting the flock with a blue carrot alternative is good business.

Psychology at it's very best, and that my friends is why the Malaysians are Multi-Millionaires !!

Re: BLUE KIT!!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:00 pm

for some reason i have to agree with you but also people may not buy it cause they want the old badge back

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:02 pm

badge is the problem, thats what most people are annoyed on!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 pm

has there evere been a club that has use 2 badges through a season

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm

thomas9990 wrote:has there evere been a club that has use 2 badges through a season

Coventry City last season used a completely different badge on their home kit to their away kit.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:badge is the problem, thats what most people are annoyed on!

I'm more annoyed that we won't be wearing blue at home than the badge..... The colour of the kit is the first visual line of Cardiff's identity at the CCS.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 am

Having a blue away kit shows they do actually care in a small way.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 am

Merlin wrote:
I'm more annoyed that we won't be wearing blue at home than the badge..... The colour of the kit is the first visual line of Cardiff's identity at the CCS.

LOL . So when Cardiff City don't play in Blue, They cease to be Cardiff City ? : I have to wonder what Team I was supporting on the away days I must say . There's such a load of total crap on this forum that's its laughable . Just be thankful we have a Team to support , nobody else wanted to invest in us , no British or Welsh millionaire that's for sure .

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 am

smilebit wrote:
Merlin wrote:

LOL . So when Cardiff City don't play in Blue, They cease to be Cardiff City ? : I have to wonder what Team I was supporting on the away days I must say . There's such a load of total crap on this forum that's its laughable . Just be thankful we have a Team to support , nobody else wanted to invest in us , no British or Welsh millionaire that's for sure .

Brilliant. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:01 am

smilebit wrote:
Merlin wrote:

to be honest, i think merlin is right here..... football clubs/teams are identifed by their colours... man utd red, everton blue, newcastle black & white, liverpool red and so on.... yes teams have changed their strips somewhere down the line, but we havnt and have adopted a nickname to match which has stood for around 100 yrs.... people go on about leeds changing etc, but we had been blue for almost 50 yrs prior to that and 50 yrs after... football has always been about the blues v the reds etc...

understand the club rebrand etc... but can still show to be disappointed with the decision to change colour.. after all its not going to make them play any better is it??

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:13 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
thomas9990 wrote:has there evere been a club that has use 2 badges through a season

Coventry City last season used a completely different badge on their home kit to their away kit.

maybe we could you that crap badge on home kit and our old badge on away

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 am

Maybe we could pinch the Spanish kit (red but classy) and have a new professionally designed badge?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 am

I believe in the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 am

we are broke though and we needed fixing :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:20 am

JonnieBlue wrote:we are broke though and we needed fixing :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 pm

to be honest, i think merlin is right here..... football clubs/teams are identifed by their colours... man utd red, everton blue, newcastle black & white, liverpool red and so on

So on the away games all those Teams cease to be and are different teams ? I never read such utter rubbish in all my life .
Like I said we should be thankful we have investment and are not doing a Rangers who might still have their colours , but don't have much of a team , players to support and that's overlooking they haven't a Clue what League they're going to play it .

And like I said where were all these Welsh or British Millionaires ? They never wanted to touch us and never going to go near us if VT pulls out and the Club has we go in to Admin and lose the players , slide down the leagues . I think playing in RED is a small price to pay for being quite secure at the moment