Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City set to bid for Kim Bo-Kyung

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is set to enter the Far Eastern market to bolster his Premier League push with South Korean midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung.

The midfielder, who is currently playing in Japan for Cerezo Osaka has rejected a move to French Ligue 2 outfit AS Monaco and now looks destined for the Bluebirds or Celtic.

Speaking to Goal.com the 22-year-old attacking midfielder-come-winger said: “I do not care that Cardiff are in the Championship. I have no experience in Europe, so I am happy to learn step by step.

“I want to play in the UK or Germany and Cardiff City and Celtic are places that would allow me to develop.”

Bo-Kyung is highly thought of in his native Korea and has currently won 13 international caps alongside former Manchester United (now QPR) star Park Ji0-Sung, who has said he expects the starlet to succeed him as the superstar of Korean football.

The capital club's Malaysian owners are keen to market the club in the Far East and would certainly see the signing of the talented Bo-Kyung as a great opportunity to develop the Cardiff City brand in Asia.

The former Hongik University student, who scored eight goals in the 2011 J-League season added: “My agent and club officials at Cerezo Osaka are currently handling my transfer.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z20DsqXF3j

Looks positive :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: City set to bid for Kim Bo-Kyung

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Scruffy wrote:Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is set to enter the Far Eastern market to bolster his Premier League push with South Korean midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung.

The midfielder, who is currently playing in Japan for Cerezo Osaka has rejected a move to French Ligue 2 outfit AS Monaco and now looks destined for the Bluebirds or Celtic.

Speaking to Goal.com the 22-year-old attacking midfielder-come-winger said: “I do not care that Cardiff are in the Championship. I have no experience in Europe, so I am happy to learn step by step.

“I want to play in the UK or Germany and Cardiff City and Celtic are places that would allow me to develop.”

Bo-Kyung is highly thought of in his native Korea and has currently won 13 international caps alongside former Manchester United (now QPR) star Park Ji0-Sung, who has said he expects the starlet to succeed him as the superstar of Korean football.

The capital club's Malaysian owners are keen to market the club in the Far East and would certainly see the signing of the talented Bo-Kyung as a great opportunity to develop the Cardiff City brand in Asia.

The former Hongik University student, who scored eight goals in the 2011 J-League season added: “My agent and club officials at Cerezo Osaka are currently handling my transfer.”

Id love it to happen - although i got a feeling that he will go to celtic :(

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Scruffy wrote:Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is set to enter the Far Eastern market to bolster his Premier League push with South Korean midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung.

look at it in his point of view, celtic have chanpions league football, while we don't! he'll prob have more of a chance to start in our squad as we haven't much depth like celtic!... also the fact we have malaysian owners might help his decision!

looks like a 50-50 chance, hopefully he will choose us! and i hope they ain't just signing him to sell more shirts in asia and that he actually has some talent he could bring to the club :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 pm

would not get in the newport team! Time to sign some good players centre half, centre forward a must. :old:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Interestingly he quotes his agent & club are handling his transfer.....

Looks like a move is imminent then!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Merlin wrote:Interestingly he quotes his agent & club are handling his transfer.....

looks it but id only want us to sign him if he actually had talent and not on the fact he will bring more asian interest!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv-cXY_Ruh8

First 2 goals are by Kim Bo Kyung :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 pm

with celtics track record in champ league they will be knocked out before he even lands in the u.k. !! ;)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:50 pm

dannyboy45 wrote:would not get in the newport team! Time to sign some good players centre half, centre forward a must. :old:

Grow up

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:52 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Merlin wrote:Interestingly he quotes his agent & club are handling his transfer.....

looks it but id only want us to sign him if he actually had talent and not on the fact he will bring more asian interest!

Did you read any of that? Have you read any of the posts on the lad? He has talent..he's the new park ;)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

Did you read any of that? Have you read any of the posts on the lad? He has talent..he's the new park ;)

i read it all, and i havent read any of the other articles cos they're all in korean :lol: cba to look at youtube vids cos they can make taiwo look like lampard! but if the kid has talent sign him up! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 pm

It's a no-brainer but can Malky convince him to come here?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Sign him up before Switzerland and people will start believeing!

Kim Bo-Kyung- Cardiff City's third signing of the summer, sounds likely :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Sign him up before Switzerland and people will start believeing!

Kim Bo-Kyung- Cardiff City's third signing of the summer, sounds likely :ayatollah:

when do they fly to Switzerland? 14th isi?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Nasty feeling that the Champions League could sway it for Celtic (if they also are bidding...). And what kind of wages could they offer?

Although, it seems like next season may be a little dull in their league without Rangers.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:Sign him up before Switzerland and people will start believeing!

when do they fly to Switzerland? 14th isi?

Think so

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Stolen Cop Car wrote:Nasty feeling that the Champions League could sway it for Celtic (if they also are bidding...). And what kind of wages could they offer?

Although, it seems like next season may be a little dull in their league without Rangers.

exactly, very boring league next season!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Our luck he will pick Celtic. :roll: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:49 pm

If he wants to learn anything then he'll come here....

The championship is a proper challenge and a good stepping stone to the Premier league (obviously) Without being biased I would definitely chose Cardiff over Celtic. Poor league this season up there, constantly winning for Celtic isn't really going to challenge you.

Oh, and we can sing - "Kim Bo Kyung my lord, Kim Bo Kyung, Ohhhhhh Lord Kim Bo Kyung"........ :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:00 pm

dannyboy45 wrote:would not get in the newport team! Time to sign some good players centre half, centre forward a must. :old:

Only 2 posts? Did you sign up just to post that :roll:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Not unless he can predict the future? :lol: joined 30th June......

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Looks awesome, great player! Another Whitts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU-d0XbxxA

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm

With Rangers out of the SPL we got every chance of landing him

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm

http://www.soccerway.com/players/bo-kyung-kim/97328/
i be happy with him on board

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Merlin wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

Not unless he can predict the future? :lol: joined 30th June......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Sounds like a good lad
but surely if we are getting a token Asian in the squad then we should bite the bullet and bring in the two Malaysian players--
Even if they areent hat good we can give them a run out now and then.

That would at least guarantess Tans Tv show gets soem viewers.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Hope so, more fresh blood :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Mafor wrote:Sounds like a good lad
but surely if we are getting a token Asian in the squad then we should bite the bullet and bring in the two Malaysian players--
Even if they areent hat good we can give them a run out now and then.

That would at least guarantess Tans Tv show gets soem viewers.

Malky said there were a few problems in regards to a work permit for the Malaysian players.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm

According to latest reports on twitter - he claims his agents are in talks with us currently!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

As long as he's not another Rudy Gestede type of player who isn't that bad but will hardly ever make the starting 11. He's only 22 and he's being described as the next Park Ji-Sung so that can only be a good thing.