Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's time for the club to hold a public meeting

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 am

I don't know whether the trust is pushing for this at present but the club needs to clarify things once and for all as regards the rebrand.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that those of us who attended the 'refund meeting' a few weeks ago are either portrayed as mischief makers or simply liars.

It is time that all fans had the opportunity to hear the truth behind the rebrand and also for fans to get their opportunity to ask questions of the Cardiff City board

Re: It's time for the club to hold a public meeting

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 am

alfie sherwood wrote:I don't know whether the trust is pushing for this at present but the club needs to clarify things once and for all as regards the rebrand.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that those of us who attended the 'refund meeting' a few weeks ago are either portrayed as mischief makers or simply liars.

It is time that all fans had the opportunity to hear the truth behind the rebrand and also for fans to get their opportunity to ask questions of the Cardiff City board

I haven't seen anyone refer to those at the meeting as either, and what questions would be asked at this meeting that you didn't ask at the meeting you attended, do you expect to have different answers if you ask the same question often enough?

People are obsessed by VT's business plan, personally I don't care coz it's his business, if it don't make enough money, then he loses not us, and from what I can see, he's got enough money to take the risk and if it goes wrong then he covers it.
Football whilst it's a business, it is quite unique, possibly we are his toy, his feel good, his loved up gift to himself, I'd like to think that after that Crystal Palace game where him and TG did their loved up lap, the man wants more of it, and long may it continue.

Do you think Abramovich is in Chelsea to make money, or to feed his ego, if it is to feed his ego, I don't see too many Chelsea fans bothered either way.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 am

BigGwynram wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:I don't know whether the trust is pushing for this at present but the club needs to clarify things once and for all as regards the rebrand.

I haven't seen anyone refer to those at the meeting as either, and what questions would be asked at this meeting that you didn't ask at the meeting you attended, do you expect to have different answers if you ask the same question often enough?

People are obsessed by VT's business plan, personally I don't care coz it's his business, if it don't make enough money, then he loses not us, and from what I can see, he's got enough money to take the risk and if it goes wrong then he covers it.
Football whilst it's a business, it is quite unique, possibly we are his toy, his feel good, his loved up gift to himself, I'd like to think that after that Crystal Palace game where him and TG did their loved up lap, the man wants more of it, and long may it continue.

Do you think Abramovich is in Chelsea to make money, or to feed his ego, if it is to feed his ego, I don't see too many Chelsea fans bothered either way.

Would Chelsea fans be up in arms and asking questions of the club and calling for public meetings if Abramovich changed the home kit to red? You bet your life they would.

In terms of questions, answers around what revenue streams going red will open in the far east.Greater clarity around AWs statement thst it was never red or dead. What are the financial alternatives if we stayed blue ?Why has the debt accrued by the club reached unprecedented levels over the past 2 years? etc. The point of a public meeting will be to give all Cardiff fans the chance to really decide what is truth and what is conjecture.

If the club are able to provide substantive arguments for all of the above it could be a very good PR move for the club.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:39 am

BigGwynram wrote:

I don't look on the people who attended the refund meeting as mischief makers or liars, to me they are people with legitimate concerns about the rebrand who took the opportunity to speak with the club about those concerns. I hope everyone who attended will be able to take on board what was said and stick with the club, if not then they have a right to receive the refund and I for one completely respect their decision to go that way. But I hope they comeback to the club sooner rather than later.

I don't see the value of a public meeting as what are we likely to learn that we don't know now. As Gwyn has said this rebranding is being done by VT and he is backing his vision with £100m, will it work? who knows but the risks are his and his alone. Before VT arrived at the club we were insolvent and without his ongoing support we are insolvent and if his vision doesn't work out we will be insolvent. So what is lost by at least giving him our support because what happens if he delivers on his vision.

Certainly the balance sheet of the club will be much healthier, we will have our own training ground (for first team, development teams and academy) likely a fully developed stadium and hopefully PL status. And more importantly the business will be solvent and sustainable on a longterm basis.

Time to move on in my opinion and hope we are successful both on and of the pitch and just concentrate on our role at the club, supporting MM and the team.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am

3 months to late,alot of damage done :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am

3 months to late,alot of damage done :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 am

BigGwynram wrote:

What a naive point of view to take. Sam Hammam came to the club and said he wouldn't take a penny out, we're still paying for his loans 11 years later. You really think VT is willing to right off £100m if all his aspirations for the club fail to materialise? If it stays as a loan it needs to be repaid, if it turns to equity he'll still want to get his money back, or a large proportion of it, in some form!

So far, Tan is only making loans to the club that are attracting 7% interest. You are only going on his word that they will be converted to equity, and then how much of it ill be? Do you think Pompey fans or Rangers fans take the view that it's the owners club so they can do what they want with no plan or strategy in place? Because at the end of the day it is always the fans that pick up the pieces when the rich man gets sick of his plaything, or runs out of money, or is unwilling to lose any more and cuts his losses. Whether it be Swansea, Portsmouth, Rangers, or a whole host of other clubs that have gone into admin and suffered on the pitch for it.

When Mr Abramovich get's bored of Chelsea, what will happen to them then? They will have a massive overhead and debt that potential owners will run scared of? Or Abramovich will start asset stripping to get some his money back and down the league they go? And I think you'll find Chelsea fans are bothered, as the conflict over the ground ownership continues to show.

The Langston debt has been a noose around Cardiff's neck for the last 5 years, the current board are now looking to triple the amount of debt we have, with no plan on how it gets repaid or utilised to make a return.

You'll do well to keep your head in the sand, it's the easiest option.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:52 am

Just give it a f...... rest and move on

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 am

banana wrote:Just give it a f...... rest and move on

That's right, everyone move on, nothing to see, keep moving on until in 5 years time we all hit the buffers when Tan executes his exit strategy. Then we''ll be needing someone with £200m to invest to pay off our historical debts and take us forward.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:04 am

banana wrote:Just give it a f...... rest and move on

That's right, everyone move on, nothing to see, keep moving on until in 5 years time we all hit the buffers when Tan executes his exit strategy. Then we''ll be needing someone with £200m to invest to pay off our historical debts and take us forward.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 am

And Cardiff will still be there as a football club in one form or another

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 am

banana wrote:And Cardiff will still be there as a football club in one form or another

We hope! look what has happened to Rangers, starting at the bottom again. There's no guarantee if the same thing happened to us we'd be let back in the English pyramid system never mind the 4th tier like Ranger are likely to get.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:17 am

Dandyccfc wrote:
banana wrote:And Cardiff will still be there as a football club in one form or another

We hope! look what has happened to Rangers, starting at the bottom again. There's no guarantee if the same thing happened to us we'd be let back in the English pyramid system never mind the 4th tier like Ranger are likely to get.

There are no guarantees in life
ifs buts maybe's
I'm just going to watch some football games hopefully more wins than losses other than that............

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:25 am

banana wrote:
Dandyccfc wrote:

There are no guarantees in life
ifs buts maybe's
I'm just going to watch some football games hopefully more wins than losses other than that............

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 am

BigGwynram wrote:

Would love to see that so called business plan Gwyn! Must be under lock and key that one!!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

In terms of questions, answers around what revenue streams going red will open in the far east.Greater clarity around AWs statement thst it was never red or dead. What are the financial alternatives if we stayed blue ?Why has the debt accrued by the club reached unprecedented levels over the past 2 years? etc. The point of a public meeting will be to give all Cardiff fans the chance to really decide what is truth and what is conjecture.

If the club are able to provide substantive arguments for all of the above it could be a very good PR move for the club.

Spot on, what alternatives are there other than the change of shirt colour/badge, etc. History, tradition and identity should not be given away on the cheap. With regards to the finances how is it that the debt has spiralled out of control over the past couple of years, where is the money going? We have had an FA Cup run, Carling Cup run, regular attendance in the play offs and the spin offs from those events, the transfer budget incomings/outgoings was marginal last season and we have good attendances so why is the debt increasing so fast? I acknowledge existing debt and interest on that but the debts appear to have more than doubled in a couple of years.I believe that they are all relevant questions which deserve answers.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Last week, KCB asked Alan Whiteley for a public meeting with supporters. Here is his response:

"We have met with or responded to all supporters who have expressed their reservations or unhappiness. Not having a public meeting does not in anyway suggest or imply that feelings of supporters are deemed irrelevant. I would hope the actions to date prove quite the opposite."

The Club clearly has no intention to hold a public meeting.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Spot on, what alternatives are there other than the change of shirt colour/badge, etc. History, tradition and identity should not be given away on the cheap. With regards to the finances how is it that the debt has spiralled out of control over the past couple of years, where is the money going? We have had an FA Cup run, Carling Cup run, regular attendance in the play offs and the spin offs from those events, the transfer budget incomings/outgoings was marginal last season and we have good attendances so why is the debt increasing so fast? I acknowledge existing debt and interest on that but the debts appear to have more than doubled in a couple of years.I believe that they are all relevant questions which deserve answers.

Agree but it appears that by and large City fans are an apathetic bunch who prefer prescriptive management for the club. Shame