Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What is Tan is up to - My Belief.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:45 am

Ok well a lot of people seem to be buying into this 'Malaysian plan' where we are going to become self sufficient by marketing us in Asia. To the business minded, this should make no sense at all. QPR have a Malaysian owner, have a red away shirt, TF owns Air Asia, they go on tour there, have a very high profile Asian player, can be watched every week, are in the Prem are spending money like its going out of fashion - yet make no impact in Asia. Why would we?!

Shirt sales? some quick stats for you. Liverpool are BY FAR the biggest club in terms of shirt sales in Asia, shifting 900,000 a season across the continent. They only make £8 per jersey sold at rrp with the rest going to the manufacturer and handling. £8 is also one of the highest returns on a jersey negotiated by a football club. Ours is more likely to be around £5 profit per jersey. Just to cover our shortfall for the year we will need to sell 2.88 million jereys every season, more than 3 times that of Liverpool. To put that into perpective - we sell around 8000 jerseys a year currently.

Sponsorship - probably the most plausable in terms of revenue but still far fetched. First of all, businesses sponsor things that can be seen, not just by anyone either - their target market. Most Asian businesses operate within Asia and will want to boost or maximise their revenue in Asia. Now the, first of all thet benefit to an Asian business by advertising in Wales/England is not a great buiness move as you are missing your target audience. Secondly, we are on TV a few times a year, nobody is going to pay to place their companys name somewhere than nobody can see.

I make a point of always dealing in facts, well... rarely im going for pure opinion here. Educated opinion, but opinion all the same. This is what I think has happened and what is going on....

The Initial gamble

Tan was informed by TG that an investment in the club will be a good business gamble (risk reward ratio) as a £6 million investment for 40% stake could net him 40% of future Premiership profits plus a vessel to advertise worldwide, not to mention the opportunity to loan the financially failing club the shortfall with the ability to tack on interest .

Unexpected twists

We dont go up. Tans 12 month investment of the initial purchase and shortfall covering hits £19.4 million. too much to walk away from. He has another go hoping for promotion... We fail yet again and his investment is now past £30 million - a desperate situation for Tan. He now owns 40% of a club yet has put in 200% of its total worth

Contingency plan

If we went into administration his money would be lost, the loans so far have been essentially unsecured loans. He now plans to turn everything into equity aswell as getting rid of any threat to liquidate the club thus putting him in a position of not getting back his full entitlement as this way he will be the only creditor. But he insists that the total figure will be £100 million.

He now has instantly turned the unsecured loans into secured loans - very clever. The stadium (coincidentally cost £100 million) is now his, as will be the real estate he is buying with the other part of the 'investment' (training ground) and the players. In this investment is also the cash to cover the shortfall for the next 12 months.

If we go up this season he will be in a better position than he would have been initally. If we dont then he can bail and not lose any money from the venture by selling the players, stadium and training ground. Widely known in business as 'asset stripping.' But I genuinelly dont think he will be putting his hand in his pocket any more, which means its this season or nothing in terms of usbenefitting from this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_stripping

So please dont be fooled into thinking that because Tan is a billionaire that means we are going to be a success as it all points to the opposite, hes got us by the balls and the only one who is going to come out of this smelling of roses is him.

Re: What is Tan is up to - My Belief.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:49 am

Even though you could possibly be right (and its not as if this hasnt been gone over 500,000 times already) you are one annoying tosser

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:51 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Even though you could possibly be right (and its not as if this hasnt been gone over 500,000 times already) you are one annoying tosser

ive come to terms with that. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:58 am

it's well understood what MR TAN is all about and what his GAME is. (and it's NOT football) , :ayatollah: :ayatollah: CCFC
Warning-1.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 am

taffy123 wrote:it's well understood what MR TAN is all about and what his GAME is. (and it's NOT football) , :ayatollah: :ayatollah: CCFC
Warning-1.gif

Not to all unfortunately Taffy.

The majority of our fans actually ASKED for this remember. :shock:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 am

RoathMagic wrote:Ok well a lot of people seem to be buying into this 'Malaysian plan' where we are going to become self sufficient by marketing us in Asia. To the business minded, this should make no sense at all. QPR have a Malaysian owner, have a red away shirt, TF owns Air Asia, they go on tour there, have a very high profile Asian player, can be watched every week, are in the Prem are spending money like its going out of fashion - yet make no impact in Asia. Why would we?!

Shirt sales? some quick stats for you. Liverpool are BY FAR the biggest club in terms of shirt sales in Asia, shifting 900,000 a season across the continent. They only make £8 per jersey sold at rrp with the rest going to the manufacturer and handling. £8 is also one of the highest returns on a jersey negotiated by a football club. Ours is more likely to be around £5 profit per jersey. Just to cover our shortfall for the year we will need to sell 2.88 million jereys every season, more than 3 times that of Liverpool. To put that into perpective - we sell around 8000 jerseys a year currently.

Sponsorship - probably the most plausable in terms of revenue but still far fetched. First of all, businesses sponsor things that can be seen, not just by anyone either - their target market. Most Asian businesses operate within Asia and will want to boost or maximise their revenue in Asia. Now the, first of all thet benefit to an Asian business by advertising in Wales/England is not a great buiness move as you are missing your target audience. Secondly, we are on TV a few times a year, nobody is going to pay to place their companys name somewhere than nobody can see.

I make a point of always dealing in facts, well... rarely im going for pure opinion here. Educated opinion, but opinion all the same. This is what I think has happened and what is going on....

The Initial gamble

Tan was informed by TG that an investment in the club will be a good business gamble (risk reward ratio) as a £6 million investment for 40% stake could net him 40% of future Premiership profits plus a vessel to advertise worldwide, not to mention the opportunity to loan the financially failing club the shortfall with the ability to tack on interest .

Unexpected twists

We dont go up. Tans 12 month investment of the initial purchase and shortfall covering hits £19.4 million. too much to walk away from. He has another go hoping for promotion... We fail yet again and his investment is now past £30 million - a desperate situation for Tan. He now owns 40% of a club yet has put in 200% of its total worth

Contingency plan

If we went into administration his money would be lost, the loans so far have been essentially unsecured loans. He now plans to turn everything into equity aswell as getting rid of any threat to liquidate the club thus putting him in a position of not getting back his full entitlement as this way he will be the only creditor. But he insists that the total figure will be £100 million.

He now has instantly turned the unsecured loans into secured loans - very clever. The stadium (coincidentally cost £100 million) is now his, as will be the real estate he is buying with the other part of the 'investment' (training ground) and the players. In this investment is also the cash to cover the shortfall for the next 12 months.

If we go up this season he will be in a better position than he would have been initally. If we dont then he can bail and not lose any money from the venture by selling the players, stadium and training ground. Widely known in business as 'asset stripping.' But I genuinelly dont think he will be putting his hand in his pocket any more, which means its this season or nothing in terms of usbenefitting from this.

So please dont be fooled into thinking that because Tan is a billionaire that means we are going to be a success as it all points to the opposite, hes got us by the balls and the only one who is going to come out of this smelling of roses is him.

This is the nightmare scenario that we all fear. VT is taking us all for a red shirted ride. In the process making us a laughing stock!

Part of me hopes we don't achieve again this season as he'll lose his gamble. I'd sooner start again in League 2 and be known as The Bluebirds the season after next

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 am

I'm going for Blackburn and Leeds 1 and 2, and whoever has the bottle through the play offs

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Even though you could possibly be right (and its not as if this hasnt been gone over 500,000 times already) you are one annoying tosser

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 am

Birchgrove wrote:I'm going for Blackburn and Leeds 1 and 2, and whoever has the bottle through the play offs

Leiceter and Bolton look strong. I dont think we will make top 6.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:39 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Birchgrove wrote:I'm going for Blackburn and Leeds 1 and 2, and whoever has the bottle through the play offs

We know what you think.

Anyone but Cardiff.
All negatives for Cardiff.
Jacks are great.

Please tell us how much you love Cardiff City FC.

I won't hold my breath. :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:46 am

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

We know what you think.

Anyone but Cardiff.
Jacks are great.

I love Cardiff City with all my heart. Hence why im unwilling to bury my head in the sand and pretend this man is giving us an eigth of his total wealth because hes kind.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 am

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

We know what you think.

Anyone but Cardiff.
Jacks are great.

I love Cardiff City with all my heart. Hence why im unwilling to bury my head in the sand and pretend this man is giving us an eigth of his total wealth because hes kind.

You can like Cardiff City all you want, but do you love Cardiff City Football Club with all your heart?

BTW You or anyone else has no idea what Tan is going to do.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:56 am

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

We know what you think.

Anyone but Cardiff.
Jacks are great.

You can like Cardiff City all you want, but do you love Cardiff City Football Club with all your heart?

BTW You or anyone else has no idea what Tan is going to do.

Of course I do, always have and will for aslong as they exist - which is uncertain in the extreme.

I agree I cant say I know for sure what hes up to but it isnt difficult to look at the situation and see anything other than what ive posted. Im sure if you gave the situation to any businessman they would tell you the same thing, its the only feasable answer.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Asian businessmen loaning to struggling football clubs with the intention of asset tripping is not unknown..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... nistration

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 am

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

We know what you think.

Anyone but Cardiff.
Jacks are great.

Ask him how much he loves Swansea City ;)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 am

yawn

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 am

Noobody knows what he has in mind, no one. Who says he is not planning to build anything new in Cardiff. I mean investing in a football club could be the foundation of his plans, So therefore could go in a direction thats different to TF.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am

RoathMagic wrote:Ok well a lot of people seem to be buying into this 'Malaysian plan' where we are going to become self sufficient by marketing us in Asia. To the business minded, this should make no sense at all. QPR have a Malaysian owner, have a red away shirt, TF owns Air Asia, they go on tour there, have a very high profile Asian player, can be watched every week, are in the Prem are spending money like its going out of fashion - yet make no impact in Asia. Why would we?!

The Initial gamble

Unexpected twists

Contingency plan

I'm certain the council have placed safeguards to stop any redevelopment of CCS for the next 50 years or so. Also the stadium is valued at around £44m on the company accounts and deprecates in value very season, so VT's contingency plan might need revaluating.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm

RoathMagic wrote:yawn

Yawn, indeed. You can dress it up however you like, but I still haven't seen a positive post about CCFC from you, yet you claim to be a CCFC fan.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Yawn, indeed. You can dress it up however you like, but I still haven't seen a positive post about CCFC from you, yet you claim to be a CCFC fan.

Tell me what I should be positive about. enlighten me.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Tell me what I should be positive about. enlighten me.

Absolutely anything relating to CCFC. I've never known a single CCFC fan to be so negative, which leads me to believe that you aren't one of us. There have been some other giveaway signs, too, not least your bitterness.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Absolutely anything relating to CCFC. I've never known a single CCFC fan to be so negative, which leads me to believe that you aren't one of us. There have been some other giveaway signs, too, not least your bitterness.

Ive asked you for reasons as to why I should be positive. Your not selling the positive view very well I thought you would be brimming with reasons.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:19 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Ive asked you for reasons as to why I should be positive. Your not selling the positive view very well I thought you would be brimming with reasons.

Twist it all you like, Jacky Boy.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Twist? Ive asked you a straight forward question which you have failed to answer several times. Quite simple really.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Twist? Ive asked you a straight forward question which you have failed to answer several times. Quite simple really.

Twisted again. I asked you a question, which you aren't answering.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Absolutely anything relating to CCFC. I've never known a single CCFC fan to be so negative, which leads me to believe that you aren't one of us. There have been some other giveaway signs, too, not least your bitterness <<<<THERE IS NO QUESTION HERE AT ALL

So go on then, why should I be positive. For someone who bangs on about this you arent very forthcoming.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Absolutely anything relating to CCFC. I've never known a single CCFC fan to be so negative, which leads me to believe that you aren't one of us. There have been some other giveaway signs, too, not least your bitterness <<<<THERE IS NO QUESTION HERE AT ALL

So go on then, why should I be positive. For someone who bangs on about this you arent very forthcoming.

Go back to the original question I asked on here and try and answer it, please. It's not rocket science.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Go back to the original question I asked on here and try and answer it, please. It's not rocket science.

You do know what a question is dont you?

''Yawn, indeed. You can dress it up however you like, but I still haven't seen a positive post about CCFC from you, yet you claim to be a CCFC fan.'' No question in there.

''Absolutely anything relating to CCFC. I've never known a single CCFC fan to be so negative, which leads me to believe that you aren't one of us. There have been some other giveaway signs, too, not least your bitterness.'' No question in there.

''Twist it all you like, Jacky Boy.'' No question in there.

''Twisted again. I asked you a question, which you aren't answering.'' No question in there.

Are you dodging my question about what you want me to be positive about or are you just having a think?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

''Yawn, indeed. You can dress it up however you like, but I still haven't seen a positive post about CCFC from you, yet you claim to be a CCFC fan.'' No question in there.

''Absolutely anything relating to CCFC. I've never known a single CCFC fan to be so negative, which leads me to believe that you aren't one of us. There have been some other giveaway signs, too, not least your bitterness.'' No question in there.

''Twisted again. I asked you a question, which you aren't answering.'' No question in there.

Are you dodging my question about what you want me to be positive about or are you just having a think?

You clearly aren't thinking at all, just sniping like a bitter Jack.

This is www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

You clearly aren't thinking at all, just sniping like a bitter Jack.

This is http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

You still dont know what a question is then? Go on look harder and then highlight it for me. :ayatollah: