Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 am

Our opposition to the rebrand has been completely misunderstood by many,both arguments hold a certain amount of water.Some believe we were on the brink of liquidation and have dramatised the rebrand for their own self satisfaction and to the point where the argument for the rebrand makes no sense at all.I have only read a statement stating "we can't continue losing money like this"............Having trawled the various messageboards and social networks it seems everytime a question is posed to the red camp it has been shot down and deemed to be stirring things up simply because these people have no answer to the question posed.
The campaign against the rebrand is made up of fans who care about their club not people who want it to go down the pan,these are passionate folk who would not sell their granny for success,they have integrity and want to hold on to what they have always known and not see it just tossed away just weeks after receiving a stay of execution when we were told "next season we will be blue"...........Ask yourself 2 questions...........do you love this club? if the answer is yes ask yourself ...would you trust someone you loved if they blatantly lied to you?,if your answer is no then you should consider your position as a fan of this great club because something you love has lied to you and will probably do it again.If a shirt a badge and a nickname means nothing to you then you are not a true fan and you need to ask yourself who you really support,the club or the glory.Many have suffered the dark days when we would walk around the stand to chat to our mates but many misunderstand,this is part of following a football club,the ups and downs,the away days,meeting your mates,having a pint.Cardiff City bluebirds have given me many years of pleasure and success came in many guises..promotion,escaping relegation,drawing a big club in the cup etc that's what glory is not a trip to the premiership in disguise.We are a club who has not been in the top flight for a long time and we have no right to expect that to come from being bought,other clubs have managed it without rebranding and major investment and that should be our goal,sending more staff and ex players out to the schools,youth clubs and local football teams to spread the message we are your club,this would be a better investment.We would prefer to keep our heritage and patiently hope that MM can take us that step further and at the same time live within our means as others have done and I for one believe as a threat we are only two or three decent signings away from that.

WE ARE NOT OUT TO MAKE WAR WITH THOSE WHO DISAGREE BUT WE WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD OUR MESSAGE.

Re: IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:32 am

POSTS LIKE THIS SUM UP THE ARGUMENT

Re: Can I make a difference?
by aj1927 ยป Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 am

Ok Tan, f**k off...

No money to pay our bills
Debts and creditors knocking our doors down demanding payments with not a bolt to offer them.

No assets of such because all of our top players were sold cheaply for revenues .

BUT WE WILL BLUE AND WE WILL BE CCFC!!! then we get closed down

What are we then?
Just smile and wave boys, Smile and wave....
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=557691620
http://twitter.com/Shinobipony

Anyone want a ringtone of any sort pm me ur email and format.

I got married for a laugh.

I'm still waiting.

aj1927

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:53 am

You read my post last night on the (can I make a difference) from baz so you no my view on it. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 am

brickyblue wrote:You read my post last night on the (can I make a difference) from baz so you no my view on it. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote::ayatollah: