Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paul Parry

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Signed for Shrewsbury.

Parry, I always thought had so much potential.

Re: Paul Parry

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Signed for Shrewsbury.

True, but never realised that potential. Imagine if he'd scored that goal chance he had in the F A Cup Final....

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 pm

At the price we paid we had a bargain and some excellent seasons. He lost it towards the end for us but he did his bit.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:At the price we paid we had a bargain and some excellent seasons. He lost it towards the end for us but he did his bit.

Agreed.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Paul Parry led the line well during the FA Cup year.

I remember clutching at straws waiting to hear if he had been passed fit for the cup final!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Signed for Shrewsbury.

Was quality, but one the boo boys enjoyed getting on the back of again unfortunately

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm

I liked paul,i think his wife fucked him up :shock:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:22 pm

earnieblue wrote:I liked paul,i think his wife fucked him up :shock:

He didn't help things with his girlfriend in Hereford tho :lol:

earnieblue wrote:I liked paul,i think his wife fucked him up :shock:

I think a certain Dutch fella fucked him up, his misses didnt help mind you.

I will always remember the goal he scored against the Gills to keep us up. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 pm

He was my favourite player when he played for us, I was gutted when he left.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 pm

annis. i was up the masons , the day roger johnson signed for brum, paul parry was there, and i talked to rj and he was a top guy, loved the city fans, didnt want to leave etc, then i sort of mingled with parry and he was so boring. i walked away, hes identical to josh low, :roll:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

He was a good player but I thought Gareth Stoker from Hereford another player we signed much better :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 pm

What I loved about Parry was that he played really well for exactly 30mins at some point in the 90. Never really saw why we got rid of him (to basically get Etuhu instead...).

Like 2Blue says price we paid, what we got, bargain.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:40 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: always rated Parry was surprised when he went to Preston :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Parry was an absolute bargain when we got him. i think he was a bit of a scapegoat with Jones coz he would always do like for like substitute with either parry, burke or whittingham
Parry was an out and out wingers but due to Jones strict 442 he couldn't always make an impact in games. especially when we had a weak midfield with rae and mcpahil who couldn't get the ball to him.

I liked parry and gave him a lift back to cardiff after away games on a few occasions.

He's a really quiet bloke. Mind u. He always made a dent in my sweets and left his wrappers all over my car. worse than my bloody kids.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Shows how short we are in the wing positions that it wouldn't be untrue to say he could still do a job for us.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:44 pm

I liked Paul Parry too. Came into the game late from non-league, but did well, on the whole. Personal problems messed him up. Scored a great goal for Wales against Canada up in Wexham :D :ayatollah:

Best of luck to him at Shrewsbury, and to Aaron Wildig too. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 pm

cut the bullshit, hes there because thats his standard :roll:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 pm

ninianblue wrote:cut the bullshit, hes there because thats his standard :roll:

Now, yes I would think so.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Behaved like a prick to Wales, how can you take 18 months off and then expect to start? You aint that good buddy.

Never understood why he was allowed to take corners either, I dont think I have seen a corner so straight since

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 am

used to love parry, remember that year when he finished like top scorer!? but agree great potential, but a bit of a bottler.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:08 am

I really liked Parry, got his name and signature on my 08/09 home shirt. If he had scored in the cup final he would have gone on to play regularly at this level probably, never had a problem scoring goals for us when he was up front

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:58 am

He was the "Welsh Pele" don't you know!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:58 am

Yeah, what the majority said really. He wasn't the best player we've had but he was certainly value for money. I wasn't surprised when he left us, he'd run his course, but he did do well for us. Whatever his personal issues were I'll just remember him as giving 100% in that season when we needed to stay up.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Zabier wrote:Yeah, what the majority said really. He wasn't the best player we've had but he was certainly value for money. I wasn't surprised when he left us, he'd run his course, but he did do well for us. Whatever his personal issues were I'll just remember him as giving 100% in that season when we needed to stay up.

perfectly summed up!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:01 pm

I remember his debut (was it Rotherham?) where we were 2-0 down within 20 minutes but pulled it back to 3-2 before half-time. He was tremendous on the left-wing which had been a problem position since Andy Legg had left.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Paul Parry reppin' the Chepstow massif 8-)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Paul Parry reppin' the Chepstow massif 8-)

Sorry, what?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Paul Parry reppin' the Chepstow massif 8-)

Sorry, what?

I'm just trying to comply with my generation's syntax, alright?