Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE - PROTEST MENU

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:27 pm

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE - PROTEST MENU
Here are some ideas about what each of us can to do protest against the arbitrary re-branding of Cardiff City. We don't presume to tell anyone what to do; make your protest in whatever way you personally see fit but here are ideas to get you started.

• If you already asked for a refund on your season ticket, stay strong and pursue it
• If you didn't ask for a ST refund yet, put your request in writing to the Club (if they re-sell your seat, you'll get your money)
• Boycott Cardiff City home games until our identity is restored
• Boycott all Cardiff City games until our identity is restored
• Let your signature be added to the open letter to Vincent Tan, which is being prepared
• Write to Alan Whiteley, the Chief Exec of Cardiff City alan.whiteley@cardiffcityfc.co.uk
• Write to the Echo and Western Mail to express your protest
• Write to your MP, Welsh Assembly member, MEP and local councillor and urge them to support the aim of Keep Cardiff Blue - we'll help you find the right address
• Refuse the temptation to buy any Cardiff City merchandise from the Club superstore
• Never buy any RED City-related merchandise (official or unofficial)
• Don't buy a match programme
• Don't buy any food or drink inside the ground
• If you subscribe to Cardiff City World, don't renew
• Wear a Blue City shirt to all matches, home and away
• If you have a Blue City shirt with the Malaysia logo, why not tape "Keep Cardiff Blue" over it to make your point?
• Try to smuggle a Keep Cardiff Blue banner into the ground and fly it proudly
• Take a Blue A4 sheet of card or paper in to the ground and hold it up in unison when the teams run onto the field at the start and at half-time (if you can print Keep Cardiff Blue on it, all the better)
(Try laminating your KCB card and it will last all season)
• Sing "Bloooooobirds!" loud and proud at every opportunity
• Try to sit with other pro-Blue fans; let's create whole blocks of Blue at City games
• If you support the Academy foundation, withdraw and explain why.

Special forms of protest are being planned for the first League game v Huddersfield Town. These and other forms of mass protests will be publicised via the KCB web-site, Facebook page and Twitter feed.

http://www.twitter.com/KCBCampaign
http://www.facebook.com/KCBcampaign
http://www.keepcardiffblue.co.uk

Re: KEEP CARDIFF BLUE - PROTEST MENU

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

:? :? :?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Keep Cardiff Blue wrote:KEEP CARDIFF BLUE - PROTEST MENU
Here are some ideas about what each of us can to do protest against the arbitrary re-branding of Cardiff City. We don't presume to tell anyone what to do; make your protest in whatever way you personally see fit but here are ideas to get you started.

• If you already asked for a refund on your season ticket, stay strong and pursue it
• If you didn't ask for a ST refund yet, put your request in writing to the Club (if they re-sell your seat, you'll get your money)
• Let your signature be added to the open letter to Vincent Tan, which is being prepared
• Write to Alan Whiteley, the Chief Exec of Cardiff City alan.whiteley@cardiffcityfc.co.uk
• Write to your MP, Welsh Assembly member, MEP and local councillor and urge them to support the aim of Keep Cardiff Blue - we'll help you find the right address
• Refuse the temptation to buy any Cardiff City merchandise from the Club superstore
• If you have a Blue City shirt with the Malaysia logo, why not tape "Keep Cardiff Blue" over it to make your point?
• Take a Blue A4 sheet of card or paper in to the ground and hold it up in unison when the teams run onto the field at the start and at half-time (if you can print Keep Cardiff Blue on it, all the better)
• Try to sit with other pro-Blue fans; let's create whole blocks of Blue at City games

Special forms of protest are being planned for the first League game v Huddersfield Town. These and other forms of mass protests will be publicised via the KCB web-site, Facebook page and Twitter feed.

or.. go and support another team altogether so someone else can take your seat and spend their money in the club shop supporting the club that they will come to love and follow through thick or thin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

or.. go and support another team altogether so someone else can take your seat and spend their money in the club shop supporting the club that they will come to love and follow through thick or thin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and.... don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

So your menu didn't go down so well on CCMB, so you thought you'd stir the shit on here instead then! :roll:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

you dont have to be Einstein to know most city fans allready wear blue and will continue to

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:38 pm

bluecyw wrote:you dont have to be Einstein to know most city fans allready wear blue and will continue to

Not a dig at you Bluecyw but I may well wear red next season, does that mean I going to receive a load of abuse from our own fans???? This, in all honesty, is the only thing that is making me think twice about buying it. I have a 6 year old son and I'm just a little nervy about what might happen on the way back to my car after a bad result. There are some sound city fans but you got to admit there's some right idiots too!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 pm

I Love the bit about laminating your KCB board so it will last all season :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
bluecyw wrote:you dont have to be Einstein to know most city fans allready wear blue and will continue to

Not a dig at you Bluecyw but I may well wear red next season, does that mean I going to receive a load of abuse from our own fans???? This, in all honesty, is the only thing that is making me think twice about buying it. I have a 6 year old son and I'm just a little nervy about what might happen on the way back to my car after a bad result. There are some sound city fans but you got to admit there's some right idiots too!

Natman,

COME ON LETS WEAR OUR BLUE WITH PRIDE AND SHOW WE ARE CARDIFF CITY AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE AND ARE BLUEBIRDS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:48 pm

I intend to wear blue all season simples

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 pm

To be honest mate now is not the time and frankly some of the ideas are nothing short of spiteful (eg withdrawing from the academy foundation).

I'll be wearing Blue any way and singing Bluebirds, but it will have nothing to do with any protest.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Natman i've always respected you as a poster and almost always agreed with you, in fact i even remember you PMing me once about a subject we both agreed strongly on.

But now i really think you need to start respecting other people's opinions on this matter even if you're not bothered by the rebranding. I think it's more than fair that some people have been left absolutely gutted by all this, i'm one of them myself.

If you don't understand why then fair enough, but just understand that this is a really big deal for some supporters, and be a bit more respectful.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

I know what you mean Natman , i didnt like the way the op was telling fans to wear blue to protest like it was a novel idea when most fans wear it to support the team anyway. Im having seconds thoughts on wearing blue now as i dont want to be lumbered with being a protestor. This is getting mad with fans afraid to wear red or blue i just want to support city whatever colour the team or fans wear :(

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Natman,

COME ON LETS WEAR OUR BLUE WITH PRIDE AND SHOW WE ARE CARDIFF CITY AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE AND ARE BLUEBIRDS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't own last season's blue kit! lol. In all seriousness I've seen the red up close and quite like it. The reason I prefer that over this season's blue kit is because I think the badge clashes with it due to its colours although I would like to see it a bit more.

In all honesty though I would like to get the red one at the minute (as would my son) but I do have serious concerns over our safety if we did.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I Love the bit about laminating your KCB board so it will last all season :lol: :lol: :lol:

You couldn't make that up :lol:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm

We're Cardiff City and we do what we want.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:54 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Natman i've always respected you as a poster and almost always agreed with you, in fact i even remember you PMing me once about a subject we both agreed strongly on.

But now i really think you need to start respecting other people's opinions on this matter even if you're not bothered by the rebranding. I think it's more than fair that some people have been left absolutely gutted by all this, i'm one of them myself.

If you don't understand why then fair enough, but just understand that this is a really big deal for some supporters, and be a bit more respectful.

This should work both ways though Scott, which it doesn't seem to be at the moment!

All sides of the re-branding argument need to respect opposing views! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

I'd be very surprised if you encountered any problems. I'll be helping anyone I see getting grief, but I won't be wearing red.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Scott, I understand and respect what you're saying. My issue is that this is getting tedious now, going over the same ground etc. But further than that I think by carrying on and on and on and on about this issue is going to cause more problems and resentment between fans on either side of the fence which could result in some quite dire consequences as my other post on this thread mentioned. I just wanted to shoot it down as i really don't see any benefit in it, I understand that people have strong views on it but some of the actions proposed and the extremes are just not helpful.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Most people want blue and happy to do a bit to show they are blue and proud. posts like the first just make people not want to be associated with this group.
Along with other pro red posts talking nonsense like painting the Ninian gates red :roll: People don't appreciate being scaremonged and sadly this group who could have done well have ruined it for themselves now.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Most people want blue and happy to do a bit to show they are blue and proud. posts like the first just make people not want to be associated with this group.
Along with other pro red posts talking nonsense like painting the Ninian gates red :roll: People don't appreciate being scaremonged and sadly this group who could have done well have ruined it for themselves now.

I think there's going to be a lot of fans purposely buying the red shirt to p!ss the KCB party off tbh!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Most people want blue and happy to do a bit to show they are blue and proud. posts like the first just make people not want to be associated with this group.

AGREED

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Scott, I understand and respect what you're saying. My issue is that this is getting tedious now, going over the same ground etc. But further than that I think by carrying on and on and on and on about this issue is going to cause more problems and resentment between fans on either side of the fence which could result in some quite dire consequences as my other post on this thread mentioned. I just wanted to shoot it down as i really don't see any benefit in it, I understand that people have strong views on it but some of the actions proposed and the extremes are just not helpful.

Firstly I absolutely agree with your post, although everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how tedious.

However, I would take heart from the reaction this 'menu' has received. It is poorly thought out and even the anti-reds are distancing themselves from it.

I'm like you I can smell the coffee and realise that we will never change anything by confrontation. VT has his 'Vision' and it is going to happen no matter how much some might object. It is better to co-operate with him and make a success of his vision and then when he is done with us and made his million we can ask for the blue shirt back as the ultimate reward.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Great post , BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Some of it is a bit extreme for me, I can't imagine Saturdays without going to the football.

This is what I'm going to do:

- Buy the blue away shirt and get something like "FOREVER BLUE" or "KEEP CARDIFF BLUE" written on the back
- Attend every home game and most away games
- Support Cardiff City FC while we still exist

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Great post , BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tony, Nedd, Its unfortunately these ^^^^ kind of guys I am worried about. There is absolutely no accommodating some people!!!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Some of it is a bit extreme for me, I can't imagine Saturdays without going to the football.

This is what I'm going to do:

- Buy the blue away shirt and get something like "FOREVER BLUE" or "KEEP CARDIFF BLUE" written on the back
- Attend every home game and most away games
- Support Cardiff City FC while we still exist

:ayatollah:

Good shout that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:58 pm

My ST is renewed, as is my parking permit. Will go to the games, including as many aways as possible (ten last season). Never wear colours, just a small 'bluebird' lapel badge, like in the 70s and 80s. Won't buy anything from the shop, and, for the first time ever, no programmes. That's the best I can do, but respect the aims of 'Keep Cardiff Blue.'

No respect for the board, and will never accept CCFC playing in red at home.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

So you wont be calling anyone names at the ground like you do on here?.Regards Dizzy: :lol: ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Were you the one burning the Malaysian flag? Fair enough wear blue if that's what u believe strongly about but anything more is just gonna be all a negative effect on Cardiff city as a team and as a club as a whole