Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"YOU CAN HAVE ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE........."

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm

YOU CAN HAVE ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE...AS LONG AS IT'S RED."

You couldn’t help think of the old Henry Ford quote when the club sent out last week’s laughable pretence at supporter consultation that was their survey. Clearly an empty PR move given their refusal to engage with supporters ahead of destroying the club’s century long identity, it’s about as successful as putting a bandage on a severed leg.

Work your way through all the waffle about what photos you want deep in the concourse of the stadium out of the view of the pitch and if you want a brass section to go with that gawdaful drum and go to the only question that really means anything;

Section 3: Future Kit Development: This section will follow at a later date and will be design driven. We will work on a number of kits with Puma, working within set paramaters from which supporters will get to vote on the 2013/14 Cardiff City kit, based on red home and blue away. “

There it is, yet again the club’s message when it comes to the vital issues is “You get what Vincent Tan tells you”, the “paramaters” (we’ve left the spelling mistakes made by the club’s high-flying commercial team in, btw) are still defined by this clumsy, insulting rebrand forced on us on the whim of someone with no feeling for football or Cardiff itself.

But don’t worry, we get the chance to say what kind of dragon we want on the badge? Isn’t that good of them? We can even vote to keep the miniscule bluebird currently on the tragic new badge. Aren’t we lucky to be allowed such a say in our…sorry, it isn’t any more is it… in VINCENT TAN’S club (and don’t you forget it).

So we look forward to the “working group” being “randomly selected” (yeah right, we’re sure a wide spectrum of supporters views will be represented) to make the hugely important decisions regarding the club like what colour toilet paper is provided. Meanwhile the real important visible issues regarding the club are solely the domain of one man and his subservient board.

There’s only one question that matters and, if the club ever actually asked it, they’d get one response;

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE!

Re: "YOU CAN HAVE ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE........."

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Very good grammar there TLG! How did you sneak your way past the Forums Cyber-Security dragons?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Agreed, I thought that the survey was disappointing in that you were being asked about the minor matters whereas the main matters are being taken care of by the club.

Fans were being asked how the concourse area, entertainment, atmosphere, etc could be improved but I think that with the rebranding and the divide amongst fans the atmosphere within the stadium this season is not going to be clever. We all support Cardiff City FC and the team however there is a great divide amongst fans. Many fans have stated on this forum that they are not looking forward to this season which tends to suggest that things will not be the same.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:06 pm

The survey was feeble, the club actually lost even more of my respect by sending it out.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:23 pm

I'd lose more respect for the club if they asked what colour kit we wanted and what badge we wanted knowing full well it wouldn't make any difference.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Love is turning to hate with me I LOVE cardiff city but this man is making me hate the club its not fun anymore and the man has ruined the club by re branding it.

I think there will be a lot of anger in the ground and I dont think the season will be enjoyable.Divided fans an here wait till you get in the ground

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Henry Ford never said that and the Model T came in more than one colour.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 pm

brickyblue wrote:Love is turning to hate with me I LOVE cardiff city but this man is making me hate the club its not fun anymore and the man has ruined the club by re branding it.

I think there will be a lot of anger in the ground and I dont think the season will be enjoyable.Divided fans an here wait till you get in the ground

I don't think It will be half as bad in the ground as people think. Lots of people rant on message boards but do nothing in reality, keyboard warriors I think they are called.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
brickyblue wrote:Love is turning to hate with me I LOVE cardiff city but this man is making me hate the club its not fun anymore and the man has ruined the club by re branding it.

I don't think It will be half as bad in the ground as people think. Lots of people rant on message boards but do nothing in reality, keyboard warriors I think they are called.

To be honest I have had enough of all the shit not haveing fun supporting the City at the moment and not looking forward to the new season and I hate Mr Tan not bad a.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:02 pm

brickyblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

To be honest I have had enough of all the shit not haveing fun supporting the City at the moment and not looking forward to the new season and I hate Mr Tan not bad a.

So how is that going to relate to what you plan doing in the ground?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Important season for the fans more than anyone.

Its time to stand together and get the Fun back into our Football.

All these wankers will come and go -with they're daft ideas and their shite team managements etc
But we are the heart

They have tried to break us and a lot have given in already with shite like "what can we do" "its his money, he can do what he likes" etc
is it fook - its our club - without fans there is no club.

We dont have to disrupt or divide, we dont need to upset our squad and manager -
we need to turn up for 1 season - and show everyone how much our club means to us.

1 season - thats it. you can run away or do what you want after that people

Just turn up and get this place bouncing. Heart and Soul

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PS: anyone know whats happening to the blue army capital blues?????? aint bought my ST yet and want to know where the action is 8-)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

To be honest I have had enough of all the shit not having fun supporting the City at the moment and not looking forward to the new season and I hate Mr Tan not bad a.

I dont plan anything at all I am just saying it will be interesting to see what happens in the ground weather or not this divide will be apparent or not.The other point I am making is the fun factory the buzz of pre season and new signings etc isnt there for me.

As much as I am trying hard to just get on with it at the same time I am not enjoying supporting the club because what Tan has done to us .

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:11 pm

brickyblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

To be honest I have had enough of all the shit not having fun supporting the City at the moment and not looking forward to the new season and I hate Mr Tan not bad a.

I dont plan anything at all I am just saying it will be interesting to see what happens in the ground weather or not this divide will be apparent or not.The other point I am making is the fun factor the buzz of pre season and new signings etc isnt there for me.

As much as I am trying hard to just get on with it at the same time I am not enjoying supporting the club because what Tan has done to us .

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 pm

That's fair enough, it will feel different to different people I guess.

I just get the feeling some people think its going to be an all out war in the ground with divided fans. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think anything will happen.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:That's fair enough, it will feel different to different people I guess.

I just get the feeling some people think its going to be an all out war in the ground with divided fan.s. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think anything will happen.

I honestly think its gonna be twitchy and if the wrong thing is said by someone then who knows ,peoples feelings are very strong from both sides and the fact is are stadium will have divided fans in it so who knows

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:YOU CAN HAVE ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE...AS LONG AS IT'S RED."

You couldn’t help think of the old Henry Ford quote when the club sent out last week’s laughable pretence at supporter consultation that was their survey. Clearly an empty PR move given their refusal to engage with supporters ahead of destroying the club’s century long identity, it’s about as successful as putting a bandage on a severed leg.

Work your way through all the waffle about what photos you want deep in the concourse of the stadium out of the view of the pitch and if you want a brass section to go with that gawdaful drum and go to the only question that really means anything;

Section 3: Future Kit Development: This section will follow at a later date and will be design driven. We will work on a number of kits with Puma, working within set paramaters from which supporters will get to vote on the 2013/14 Cardiff City kit, based on red home and blue away. “

There it is, yet again the club’s message when it comes to the vital issues is “You get what Vincent Tan tells you”, the “paramaters” (we’ve left the spelling mistakes made by the club’s high-flying commercial team in, btw) are still defined by this clumsy, insulting rebrand forced on us on the whim of someone with no feeling for football or Cardiff itself.

But don’t worry, we get the chance to say what kind of dragon we want on the badge? Isn’t that good of them? We can even vote to keep the miniscule bluebird currently on the tragic new badge. Aren’t we lucky to be allowed such a say in our…sorry, it isn’t any more is it… in VINCENT TAN’S club (and don’t you forget it).

So we look forward to the “working group” being “randomly selected” (yeah right, we’re sure a wide spectrum of supporters views will be represented) to make the hugely important decisions regarding the club like what colour toilet paper is provided. Meanwhile the real important visible issues regarding the club are solely the domain of one man and his subservient board.

There’s only one question that matters and, if the club ever actually asked it, they’d get one response;

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE!

good post fully agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: