Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brendan Rodgers on SSN Now - Nothing New.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:14 am

Confirmed he has spoken to Bellers and that there will be more discussions through the summer.

Nothing new but though I would share.

Re: Brendan Rodgers on SSN Now - Nothing New.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 am

Positive he didn't rule it out.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 am

I gota feeling Craig will see his contract out with Liver, then have a year or 2 here b4 he retires. Id love it if he joined us in the next few weeks thoo :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:42 am

Does is matter what Rodgers says on TV ? Ask the jacks- honest as the day is long.

We all know the self absorbed one doesn't give two fig leafs about Swansea, a mere stepping stone, but he knows he can't give us Bellemy (their version of Hartson) for free and expect a soft ride from the club that are a "massive part of him".

If he keeps Bellers he must start him more often, and I imagine he is a Rodgers type player.
Start him regularly and they start losing and the pressure will start. I don't think Craig wants a season on the bench and lets be honest he know how his way around the transfer procedure.

Will Rodgers have any more time than Hodgeson whose CV was a lot more gold plated. Interesting times.....

What happens to Andy Carroll in Brendans 433 ? or will he play Suarez of wide like DJ tried to do with Chopra ?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:04 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Confirmed he has spoken to Bellers and that there will be more discussions through the summer.

Nothing new but though I would share.

I suppose the final decision is not down to Brenda. It would have to be ratified by the Liverpool board although BR would obviously have to make a recommendation.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Does is matter what Rodgers says on TV ? Ask the jacks- honest as the day is long.

We all know the self absorbed one doesn't give two fig leafs about Swansea, a mere stepping stone, but he knows he can't give us Bellemy (their version of Hartson) for free and expect a soft ride from the club that are a "massive part of him".

If he keeps Bellers he must start him more often, and I imagine he is a Rodgers type player.
Start him regularly and they start losing and the pressure will start. I don't think Craig wants a season on the bench and lets be honest he know how his way around the transfer procedure.

Will Rodgers have any more time than Hodgeson whose CV was a lot more gold plated. Interesting times.....

What happens to Andy Carroll in Brendans 433 ? or will he play Suarez of wide like DJ tried to do with Chopra ?

In fairness to you, I don't like Rogers either...

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Liverpool Boss Unsure Over Aquilani, Cole, Bellamy!

Liverpool manager Brendan Rogers is not expecting any movement in the near future as top Cardiff City transfer target and former loanee Craig Bellamy remains part of his plans.

Bellamy has unfinished business in South Wales, while he was frustrated to play only a minor role for the Reds last season. His family links in and around Cardiff, and the opportunity to play more games is a major factor in deciding his future. Cardiff City are of course interested, but there appears no move forthcoming.

Speaking today at an Anfield press conference, Rodgers said of Bellamy:

'He's 33 later this week, so he knows he's pushing on a bit.'

'I will speak with him over the course of the summer and we'll take it from there.'

Whilst having Bellamy back would be a huge asset, Cardiff City cannot afford to hang around and would dearly love to add new faces before pre-season gets going. The value of having personnel in place as early as possible is enormous and with no action on Bellamy yet, and no moves by Liverpool to sort his future - we may once again be held up while others decide our plans for us.

Bellamy is one of a host of players, including Aquilani, Joe Cole and Andy Carroll whose futures are far from certain - but with Liverpool due to travel to the USA for pre-season - Brendan Rodgers is clearly in no rush to finalise his squad.

http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=286700

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:53 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Does is matter what Rodgers says on TV ? Ask the jacks- honest as the day is long.

About as honest as some malaysian guys tearing a club apart , now thats honesty. funny how you've learned to spell Rodgers name correctly ;)