Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Goodwillie?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:50 am

Says in the mail today hes about to leave blackburn (cant get link as im on my phone) malky seemed keen last summer and do you think he could be the player we're in for that we tried to get before or is he too much trouble for malkys liking? :ayatollah:

Re: David Goodwillie?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:58 am

wouldnt pass the malkay exam ;) if its true malkay only wants players whos not been in trouble and other fans can vouch for thier behaviour, be a bit hypocritical of malkay to sign a player whos been in court for assault, saying that rumours was about marlon king coming here not so long back, so never know :ayatollah: dont rate him highly but to be fair going from spl into a priemer league team would be a tough tast, id be interested to see how he does in the championship.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 am

I was thinking that but we seemed keen and reportedly bid for him last year when the court case was going on, i dont think he had a lot of gametime last year and i think he'd do a job for us :ayatollah :ayatollah: :

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:08 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

Flop Goodwillie set to leave Blackburn after just one season in England.

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED:23:09, 8 July 2012 | UPDATED:23:09, 8 July 2012

Blackburn are ready to offload striker David Goodwillie just 11 months after signing him for £2.25million.
Manager Steve Kean wants to cash in having bought Leon Best and Nuno Gomes to compete with Ruben Rochina and youngsters Jordan Slew and Nick Blackman.
The Scotland international scored just four goals in 24 games in all competitions last season.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 am

He made 20 appearances for Blackburn last season, I wonder how many of them were starts?

I think he would do a job here :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 am

Hmmmm.. I think most of those 24 apps were as a sub werent they? We will see, i know we havent seen much movement yet but i think we will see some quality players comIng in this summer :D

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am

The F365 Transfer Blog - Monday July 9
"The Mail also say that Blackburn are hoping to sell David Goodwillie this summer after the striker failed to impress in his 11 months at the club.

Surprising, when you consider Steve Kean said this: "David's always been put on a par with a young Rooney and he can certainly score all types of goals." :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Surely Malky will go for him again after trying so hard to get him last season?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 am

It would be a good signing in my opinion but the facts are nobody knows what will happen.