Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So we changed the Colour, Badge and Nickname but...

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:02 am

is the so-called funding from VT hit the bank account yet..?

Re: So we changed the Colour, Badge and Nickname but...

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 am

Nope, it was emotional blackmail regarding the change of colour/badge. It could get to a point where we've changed colour/badge for nothing, if the Langston situation is not sorted out and paying interest on more debt.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 am

Angry Man wrote:is the so-called funding from VT hit the bank account yet..?

We haven't changed our nickname. And it was never going to happen over night nor was it ever going to be a deposit into the clubs bank account

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:08 am

Stavross wrote:Nope, it was emotional blackmail regarding the change of colour/badge. It could get to a point where we've changed colour/badge for nothing, if the Langston situation is not sorted out and paying interest on more debt.

Fully agree, there should have been an agreement that the identity would only be changed once the Langstone debt was sorted first!!!!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 am

Carpe Diem wrote:

We haven't changed our nickname. And it was never going to happen over night nor was it ever going to be a deposit into the clubs bank account

The nickname is slowly getting changed, notice the 'Red Dragon' quotes in the media recently.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:13 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

The nickname is slowly getting changed, notice the 'Red Dragon' quotes in the media recently.

So a couple of newspapers get it wrong. No surprise there. If we stick to the nickname then we will remain the bluebirds. Newspapers don't choose nicknames

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:15 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

So a couple of newspapers get it wrong. No surprise there. If we stick to the nickname then we will remain the bluebirds. Newspapers don't choose nicknames

Stop kidding yourself

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Stop kidding yourself

You started it.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:18 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Stop kidding yourself

You started it.

How old are you..? Not very experienced in our the media can vastly help change peoples opinions.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Stop kidding yourself

You started it.

How old are you..? Not very experienced in our the media can vastly help change peoples opinions.[/quote]

But when have they ever chosen the name of a football club? Or is it way before my time? Think you're getting a little paranoid

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 am

Carpe Diem wrote:You started it.

How old are you..? Not very experienced in our the media can vastly help change peoples opinions.[/quote]

But when have they ever chosen the name of a football club? Or is it way before my time? Think you're getting a little paranoid[/quote]

sorry you lost me with your first question. As for me getting paranoid I'm just looking at the current facts

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 am

Angry Man wrote:

How old are you..? Not very experienced in our the media can vastly help change peoples opinions.

But when have they ever chosen the name of a football club? Or is it way before my time? Think you're getting a little paranoid[/quote]

sorry you lost me with your first question. As for me getting paranoid I'm just looking at the current facts[/quote]

When has a newspaper decided on or influenced the nickname of a football club?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:38 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

But when have they ever chosen the name of a football club? Or is it way before my time? Think you're getting a little paranoid

sorry you lost me with your first question. As for me getting paranoid I'm just looking at the current facts[/quote]

When has a newspaper decided on or influenced the nickname of a football club?[/quote]

As you know this is a very different situation. However I stated that the media can vastly help change peoples opinions and that is on all aspects of life.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

sorry you lost me with your first question. As for me getting paranoid I'm just looking at the current facts

When has a newspaper decided on or influenced the nickname of a football club?[/quote]

As you know this is a very different situation. However I stated that the media can vastly help change peoples opinions and that is on all aspects of life.[/quote]

Don't disagree with that but don't think it stretches to football club nicknames, especially national newspapers. As long as the fans keep the bluebird alive they we will remain the bluebirds. That's something all sides of the argument can agree on I think

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

As you know this is a very different situation. However I stated that the media can vastly help change peoples opinions and that is on all aspects of life.[/quote]

Don't disagree with that but don't think it stretches to football club nicknames, especially national newspapers. As long as the fans keep the bluebird alive they we will remain the bluebirds. That's something all sides of the argument can agree on I think[/quote]

If the media call the us the Red Dragons then you can bet your bottom dollar that new supporters will call us the Red Dragons and it goes from there.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:48 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

As you know this is a very different situation. However I stated that the media can vastly help change peoples opinions and that is on all aspects of life.

Don't disagree with that but don't think it stretches to football club nicknames, especially national newspapers. As long as the fans keep the bluebird alive they we will remain the bluebirds. That's something all sides of the argument can agree on I think[/quote]

If the media call the us the Red Dragons then you can bet your bottom dollar that new supporters will call us the Red Dragons and it goes from there.[/quote]

I reckon new supporters will be more influenced by the current fans and so that would soon be put right. We would all be united in putting them straight

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:50 am

Angry Man wrote:
Stavross wrote:Nope, it was emotional blackmail regarding the change of colour/badge. It could get to a point where we've changed colour/badge for nothing, if the Langston situation is not sorted out and paying interest on more debt.

Fully agree, there should have been an agreement that the identity would only be changed once the Langstone debt was sorted first!!!!

You seem to think fans had some kind of control of this, they didn't.
If Tan wanted red he could have changed it without any promise of investment.

And considering you haven't stopped going on about the 7% interest surely you would be pleased they didn't just chuck 100m in Cardiffs account and only using it when it's needed.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:54 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

And considering you haven't stopped going on about the 7% interest surely you would be pleased they didn't just chuck 100m in Cardiffs account and only using it when it's needed.

I know the fans didn't have any control over it. The fact that nothing was put in place over this is fully down to the other board members.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Stop kidding yourself

You started it.[/quote]

You mean like Daya influences yours :lol:

serious question....

what have the Malaysians done to you?

We're all pissed off about the changes. We're all a bit fed up,
We all want to see big names coming into the club.

But why your hate agenda?

It's been two years now and I cannot remember one
Positive post on here from you.

Annis, Carl etc... They are mates with Sam and I can understand
Their reticence. But when we sign a good player, or play well, or
Something positive happens... It's always Cardiff City first for them.

But not you.

If you hate Cardiff City so much. why not give the jacks a try
Or go back to Merthyr FC?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:03 am

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I know the fans didn't have any control over it. The fact that nothing was put in place over this is fully down to the other board members.

So what would they make an arrangement with themselves that they would only change once Langston is paid?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 am

And I thought Groundhog Day was February 2nd. :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

We haven't changed our nickname. And it was never going to happen over night nor was it ever going to be a deposit into the clubs bank account[/quote]

The nickname is slowly getting changed, notice the 'Red Dragon' quotes in the media recently.[/quote]

So a couple of newspapers get it wrong. No surprise there. If we stick to the nickname then we will remain the bluebirds. Newspapers don't choose nicknames[/quote]

Stop kidding yourself[/quote]
They were a massive help though with your illustrious political career.
You started it.[/quote]

:lol:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:28 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

You get the people within the club contacted the Sun (I know you probably like that paper because you're an idiot, but most of us have more senses than... You) to inform them of the problem. Frankly if this is something Cardiff fans feel passionately about, when it happens a sticky should be made here with the e-mail address and a copy and paste message about how it's wrong and they should change it.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 am

Angry Man wrote:

So do I take it that when Langstone is paid you'll be a happy bunny and embrace the changes.Personaly I'd would have thought the vast amount of money Tans already invested would be a sign to all but the omeba's amoungst us that he means business.As for the timetable for these events,who knows.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:53 am

Any died in the wool bluebird knows that the chant will never die.

We are the bluebirds. It's our last throw of the dice. When we score it
Will be 'bluebirds, bluebirds'.... Same as it ever was. When the players
Come onto the pitch it will be the same. We are the 'blue army! End
Of. Tan is going to feel mighty uncomfortable at the end of next season
When the fans are still chanting 'bluebirds'

Dickhead man will probably be the only one shouting....

"red army, red army, red army!"...

Then ringing Daya up for advice.....

'you were right Daya, my liege... It's started... What should I post, bearing in mind
The f*cking bastards won 7-0 and the wankers on the messageboards might be a bit
Happy?"