Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

90th Minute Winners!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Whats the best 90th minute winner you witnessed with Cardiff City? :ayatollah:

I didnt manage to get a ticket for the Derby in 2009-2010 at our ground against Swansea! :(
Has to be 90th minute or added on!

Mine is this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikPyYkg72cs :ayatollah:

Re: 90th Minute Winners!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Has to be Chops' vs the Jacks, hands down :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 am

Chops vs the Jacks.
If it has to be one I was at it would be Conway vs Pompey in January

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 am

Chopra v Jacks.

This season has to be Conway's v Pompey after being 2-1 down. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:14 am

wrexham fa cup 1977 cant remember the scorer but we went on to beat spurs 1 0 peter sayer then lost at home to everton i think duncan mckensie got there goal

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 am

crackajack wrote:wrexham fa cup 1977 cant remember the scorer but we went on to beat spurs 1 0 peter sayer then lost at home to everton i think duncan mckensie got there goal

John Buchanan. Oh what a game. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 am

Occasional Violins wrote:
crackajack wrote:wrexham fa cup 1977 cant remember the scorer but we went on to beat spurs 1 0 peter sayer then lost at home to everton i think duncan mckensie got there goal

John Buchanan. Oh what a game. :ayatollah:

Oh and the Spurs game was before Wrexham. ;)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:35 am

For me, Jeff Hemmerman v Newport County. 27 Dec '82. 2-0 up with ten minutes to go and County score and they sing "your not singing anymore" to which we sing "2-1, 2-1", only for them to score again and sing "your not singing anymore" much louder, only for Jeff Hemmerman to net the late winner for City, followed by the loudest "your not sining anymore" I have ever heard anywhere, ever. Still my favourite game of all-time. :lol:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Buchanan sored but we actually went on to lose to everton in the 5th round 2-1 having beaten spurs in the previous round to wrexham and there endeth the history lesson

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:26 pm

We had previously beaten Spurs 1-0 with Peter Sayers goal which was shown on MOD for a long time after. The the game you mentioned we were 2-0 up and Wrexham scored 2 late goals one from Billy Ashcroft i think? Anyway with the clock counting down and the Wrexham fans in full voice John Buchanan pops up in the area and instead of unleashing a thunderbolt he just calmly strokes it into the net and Ninian park goes beserk. I can still remember the delerium now fantastic scenes and one of my favourite memories from Ninian Park.

However purely because it was the Jacks and we rammed their chants of 'You'll never beat the Jacks' back down their scummy throats i think Chopras late late winner just eclipses Buchanans late winner against Wrexham but both are fantastic memories :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: