Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SO IF THE MALAYSIANS DECIDED !!!!!!!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:Merthyr were liquidated (fully blown) just 2 years ago. Went down 3 leagues and have been promoted twice so they are only 1 league worse off as things stand.

Merthyr were relegated because they were crap and finished in the respective zones for a few seasons. It wa another non-league team who that happened to, pretty sure about that

Ok. I only live in Merthyr and work with one of their players but you seem to have all the answers :roll:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CP76 wrote:Dopey allan get your facts right :roll:

who gives a shiite as you suffer from victor mildrew syndrome :P

and smart ass people like you are just my kind person to play along with because if you actually new me you would no that i can play along for ever and not get bored :lol: as you are tame compared to people i deal with on daily basis :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 pm

CP76 wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:Merthyr were liquidated (fully blown) just 2 years ago. Went down 3 leagues and have been promoted twice so they are only 1 league worse off as things stand.

Merthyr were relegated because they were crap and finished in the respective zones for a few seasons. It wa another non-league team who that happened to, pretty sure about that

Ok. I only live in Merthyr and work with one of their players but you seem to have all the answers :roll:

Nah mate, I just thought that was what happened. didn't realise you had first hand knowledge, thought you might have been figuring it out like the rest of us. Wasn't meant as a slur or anything

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

and smart ass people like you are just my kind person to play along with because if you actually new me you would no that i can play along for ever and not get bored :lol: as you are tame compared to people i deal with on daily basis :lol:

You bore me to tears Allan. I pity you.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:45 pm

CP76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You bore me to tears Allan. I pity you.

why do you pity me like said dont know me! :lol:
can say same about you? :lol:

still think you are smart assss :lol:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 am

Natman Blue wrote:

Merthyr were relegated because they went into administration FACT.

Lets get something correct here. The ONLY way Rangers are in the mess it is today is because their biggest creditor is HMRC and that is NOT the case with CCFC. So because of that main fact what happened to Rangers would not happen to CCFC whatsoever no matter how much the pro-reds put out their propaganda!!!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:10 am

Angry Man wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Lets get something correct here. The ONLY way Rangers are in the mess it is today is because their biggest creditor is HMRC and that is NOT the case with CCFC. So because of that main fact what happened to Rangers would not happen to CCFC whatsoever no matter how much the pro-reds put out their propaganda!!!

Debt is debt and if the creditor calls it in and you cant pay then the result is the same surely? If not please explain. Disagreeing with something doesn't make it propaganda

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Debt is debt and if the creditor calls it in and you cant pay then the result is the same surely? If not please explain. Disagreeing with something doesn't make it propaganda

If a individual is the main creditor then they are far more likely to accept a lower fee to be paid because at least they would receive something. Whereas HMRC don't give a shit and its all or nothing in many of their cases

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

If a individual is the main creditor then they are far more likely to accept a lower fee to be paid because at least they would receive something. Whereas HMRC don't give a shit and its all or nothing in many of their cases

Depends on who it is and how much can be afforded. No guarantee liquidation will not follow admin whatsoever.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Depends on who it is and how much can be afforded. No guarantee liquidation will not follow admin whatsoever.

Thats always been the case, however this having been involved in a administration period within a football club in the past I'm confident that it wouldn't happen in this case.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:39 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Depends on who it is and how much can be afforded. No guarantee liquidation will not follow admin whatsoever.

Thats always been the case, however this having been involved in a administration period within a football club in the past I'm confident that it wouldn't happen in this case.

Fair enough it's your opinion but I disagree. Hopefully we will never have to find out now

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Fair enough it's your opinion but I disagree. Hopefully we will never have to find out now

We will never find out because there are far too many people who has a financial interest in the club.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

We will never find out because there are far too many people who has a financial interest in the club.

Only if they see a way forward for the club so that they can get their money back. It's why I'm behind the investment despite the rebranding but I know that's something else we will disagree on!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 am

Angry Man wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Sorry but you are wrong on this one. The club is clearly insolvent and running at significant losses, currently being covered by the owners.

Up until a few years ago HMRC, or any other crown department, had preferential creditor status that gave them first call on the level of CVA or winding up. Now that is no longer the case.

Secured creditors are really in the position of strength and, I'm sure even you would acknowledge, it's unlikely that VTs debts aren't secured against assets. Therefore, given the level of debt, and unlikelihood there would be another significant investor willing to take on the club, winding up would be very likely as VTs best bet of at least some sort of return would be to wind up the club and then take a % of any assets that are realised, e.g. land sales, player sales, etc.

Please don't dismiss winding up as something that wouldn't happen. Admin is very unlikely in our precarious situation due to the level of debt, winding up may well be the only option that the courts would consider and anyone wishing for that is out of their tiny little minds :shock:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 am

Don't take the other debt onboard, run the finances down until no bills can be paid and then the ball is in the clubs court, they make a offer of 10p in every £1 owed or the creditors get nothing. The likehood is that the creditors would prefer to accept that than risk getting nothing.

The way Ken Bates sorted Leeds out financially has been very impressive.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:59 am

Angry Man wrote:Don't take the other debt onboard, run the finances down until no bills can be paid and then the ball is in the clubs court, they make a offer of 10p in every £1 owed or the creditors get nothing. The likehood is that the creditors would prefer to accept that than risk getting nothing.

But the ball isn't "in the clubs court" is it ? All you need is one creditor, even a small one, to take the matter to court and then it is solely in the hands of the judiciary.

If the club is trading insolvently then it gets wound up, no grey areas, no agreements, the club would cease to exist and assets realised to pay off the creditors as far as possible.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 am

Angry Man wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Of course it could. All it would take is for one of the creditors to refuse the CVA and pop we go!!!!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 am

nobby wrote:To walk away, i know a lot are saying they would never, but IF they did, we would certainly look like we would be put into liquidation and the club would therefore have to come back with a total new identity, e.g new name, new badge etc. So that is the main reason why i have decided to sit on the fence for now, yes we have lost our badge, and home colours, but we are at the moment still a football club trading as Cardiff City Fc, to me thats the main point. :ayatollah:

Pretty sound reasoning.

Right now we are a club that can hold its head up high. We are addressing our debt
And not running away from it.

The color change is, I believe, temporary.

I suspect Tan wants the bluebird off the badge. It's up to us as supporters to show him
What a ridiculous notion that is. No need for protests, just City fans being City fans
Singing Bluebirds at the top of their voices. 'come on you dragons' just aint gonna happen.
It will end up being embarrassing for him. Perhaps the red shirt will also be addressed
After this coming season. Some of the very good ideas for shirts might be incorporated and
Will make red (and blue) more palettable.

We could well be heading for the premiership this season, if we are, Tan is going to have to
Decide if he is man enough to swallow his pride. Thousands of supporters chanting the old
Club nickname and mainly wearing the away kit will make him look a tit.

I hope.

One season in red.

I pray to God

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 am

Angry Man wrote:Don't take the other debt onboard, run the finances down until no bills can be paid and then the ball is in the clubs court, they make a offer of 10p in every £1 owed or the creditors get nothing. The likehood is that the creditors would prefer to accept that than risk getting nothing.

The problem is the club assets can't possibly release enough liquid cash to pay the debts which have been secured against them. Depending on who has first, second, thrid etc. charges over the assets the likelihood is that VT/TG and/or any other newbe investor will end up having a high level of unsecured debt once all the assets have been disposed with.

So if that came to be VT/others would have a majority voting option on a CVA and what is to stop him offering 5p in the £ and voting it through?

So for your hero Ken Bates read Vincent Tan for Cardiff ;)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 am

Natman Blue wrote:Are you sure it was full blown liquidation??? If it was my other question would be how long ago this occurred as rules may have changed if its been since our barring from the welsh Cup (which in the case of Newport I'm pretty sure it was that long ago)

Newport were definately liquidated, I can't remember who they owed money to but it was either the taxman or the council in unpaid rent (£120,000 was the amount)

They came back as Newport AFC 3 months later (Founded 1989, the old County were founded in 1912) and played in a League 3 levels lower than the Conference (the league they were in when they went bust)

The new club bought the name Newport County for £8,000 (so I am told) at the liquidators auction. Ten years later in 1999 due to fan pressure they ditched Newport AFC and once again became Newport County, but they still bear the formation date of 1989.

So the warning signs for us are there, do we lose our history/indentity since our formation by going under and coming back as Newco Cardiff City 2012 FC or do we bite the bullet and take our chances on the rebranding?

I know what I would prefer.