Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO IF THE MALAYSIANS DECIDED !!!!!!!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:10 pm

To walk away, i know a lot are saying they would never, but IF they did, we would certainly look like we would be put into liquidation and the club would therefore have to come back with a total new identity, e.g new name, new badge etc. So that is the main reason why i have decided to sit on the fence for now, yes we have lost our badge, and home colours, but we are at the moment still a football club trading as Cardiff City Fc, to me thats the main point. :ayatollah:

Re: SO IF THE MALAYSIANS DECIDED !!!!!!!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:17 pm

nobby wrote:To walk away, i know a lot are saying they would never, but IF they did, we would certainly look like we would be put into liquidation and the club would therefore have to come back with a total new identity, e.g new name, new badge etc. So that is the main reason why i have decided to sit on the fence for now, yes we have lost our badge, and home colours, but we are at the moment still a football club trading as Cardiff City Fc, to me thats the main point. :ayatollah:

the way rangers have gone has made me sit on the fence as well :( people who say its not red or dead are deluding them self s ranger had more turn over more assets and less debt why wouldnt we be liquidated

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:23 pm

If your auntie had bollocks she we would be your uncle Nobby.

All hyperthetical conjecture.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 pm

CP76 wrote:If your auntie had bollocks she we would be your uncle Nobby.

I don't think the clubs accounts class as hypothetical conjecture

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

No but the Malaysians walking away if they cant have red is :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

No but the Malaysians walking away if they cant have red is :roll: :roll: :roll:

Agreed. Good job it went through so it stays that way.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

life in general is hyperthetical and also many decisions we make as individuals on a daily basis is hyperthetical, as for the question, im just looking for some genuine and realistic answers, any question can have a hyperthetical answer.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:44 pm

nobby wrote:To walk away, i know a lot are saying they would never, but IF they did, we would certainly look like we would be put into liquidation and the club would therefore have to come back with a total new identity, e.g new name, new badge etc. So that is the main reason why i have decided to sit on the fence for now, yes we have lost our badge, and home colours, but we are at the moment still a football club trading as Cardiff City Fc, to me thats the main point. :ayatollah:

I agree in that I believe we would have gone into admin at some point, and certainly slipped down the divisions before then. Liquidation would have been a distinct possibility IMO.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

I agree in that I believe we would have gone into admin at some point, and certainly slipped down the divisions before then. Liquidation would have been a distinct possibility IMO.

Apparently we are still losing over a million a month, so we are currently running the club insolvently, administration would not be the likely option, liquidation would most certainly occur and the club would be wound up.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 pm

What if in say two years time tan says if we don't agree to him changing the clubs name should we go along with that too to insure we still have a professional football club in Cardiff even though they wouldn't be called Cardiff city , would that be acceptable

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 pm

same hyperthetical conjecture you spout off on regular basis about vt! :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 pm

nobby wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Apparently we are still losing over a million a month, so we are currently running the club insolvently, administration would not be the likely option, liquidation would most certainly occur and the club would be wound up.

First thing woud have been the £1m a month tap turned off and players sold to reduce the wages bill and cash in. MM walks. Relegation probably follows, income reduces and then we probably hit admin as debts remain significant. Can't see a buyer coming through so yeah liquidation would be tough to avoid.

Good job it's hypothetical then! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
nobby wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

First thing woud have been the £1m a month tap turned off and players sold to reduce the wages bill and cash in. MM walks. Relegation probably follows, income reduces and then we probably hit admin as debts remain significant. Can't see a buyer coming through so yeah liquidation would be tough to avoid.

ahhh but we wil get multi billionaire to buy vt out by then! hyperthetically of course!! :D

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
nobby wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

ahhh but we wil get multi billionaire to buy vt out by then! hyperthetically of course!! :D

True, they will be queuing up :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
nobby wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

True, they will be queuing up :ayatollah:

queing up to change kit aswell but question is?? what colour??? :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Likely hood would be that if we did come back it would be in the League of Wales not the English Pyramid. The question then in either would be at what level would our entry be permitted???

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

Likely hood would be that if we did come back it would be in the League of Wales not the English Pyramid. The question then in either would be at what level would our entry be permitted???

But would fans really want to see that happen just for the sake of the clubs colours and badge changing, and what stops us changing it back in the future when we had new owners.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

waisting your time as anti vt know we wont be liquidated :D but if we are doesnt matter to them because we will be in blue and watching crap football with crap side made up of rejects and kids as thats all we would be able to afford! but its all hyperthetical so it seems! :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm

nobby wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

But would fans really want to see that happen just for the sake of the clubs colours and badge changing, and what stops us changing it back in the future when we had new owners.

Nonsense. Merthyr liquidated and come in the English pyramid. Newport too.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 pm

CP76 wrote:
nobby wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Are you being hyperthetical there.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 pm

CP76 wrote:
nobby wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

true but hey sure you will be delighted to be watching kids and rejects (as thats all we could afford)
and in div 2 or wherever we end up but it will be ok as be playing in blue!! :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 pm

CP76 wrote:
nobby wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Are you sure it was full blown liquidation??? If it was my other question would be how long ago this occurred as rules may have changed if its been since our barring from the welsh Cup (which in the case of Newport I'm pretty sure it was that long ago)

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:
nobby wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Are you sure it was full blown liquidation??? If it was my other question would be how long ago this occurred as rules may have changed if its been since our barring from the welsh Cup (which in the case of Newport I'm pretty sure it was that long ago)

wasnt full liquidation as kept name you cannot do that if liquidated ask rangers :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Merthyr were liquidated (fully blown) just 2 years ago. Went down 3 leagues and have been promoted twice so they are only 1 league worse off as things stand.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:31 pm

nobby wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

I wouldn't. But my point about the rebranding is that I see it as a fairly positive move to develop new revenue streams for the club. Or as alluded to in a post on Mike's board it is VT and TG playing boardroom games to stamp their authority in regards to who holds all the power with various creditors seemingly at the door. VT is now major shareholder and also majoy unsecured creditor and holds all the trump cards.

either Reason, shows good long-term planning and investment from both guys and looking forward to the ride.

newport were as now known as afc newport i believe :D and god knows what div they ended up in!

Dopey allan get your facts right :roll:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:32 pm

CP76 wrote:Merthyr were liquidated (fully blown) just 2 years ago. Went down 3 leagues and have been promoted twice so they are only 1 league worse off as things stand.

Didn't it take Newport 20 years to get back to the level they were at when they went out of business?

CP76 wrote:Merthyr were liquidated (fully blown) just 2 years ago. Went down 3 leagues and have been promoted twice so they are only 1 league worse off as things stand.

Merthyr were relegated because they were crap and finished in the respective zones for a few seasons. It wa another non-league team who that happened to, pretty sure about that

CP76 wrote:Dopey allan get your facts right :roll:

who gives a shiite as you suffer from victor mildrew syndrome :P