Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Off pitch turmoil leads to on pitch turmoil

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Look at clubs who have struggled over years-Newcastle when they got relegated, Leeds under riddler etc etc..

Most of the problems started off the pitch and lead to on pitch problems.

We aren't happy about the colour/badge change but there is f**k all we can do about it as VT is clearly a control freak. We must support the name of Cardiff City whether we play in red, white, blue, pink, purple or orange. There is no multi-millionaire ccfc fan in wings waiting to invest so we must move on and hope that in future we will revert to blue.

Re: Off pitch turmoil leads to on pitch turmoil

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Look at clubs who have struggled over years-Newcastle when they got relegated, Leeds under riddler etc etc..

We aren't happy about the colour/badge change but there is f**k all we can do about it as VT is clearly a control freak. We must support the name of Cardiff City whether we play in red, white, blue, pink, purple or orange. There is no multi-millionaire ccfc fan in wings waiting to invest so we must move on and hope that in future we will revert to blue.

I agree. From here to eternity.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Completely agree. The guy (can't remember his name sorry) who bought Newcastle is a control freak and there was complete chaos on and off the pitch for a while BUT look at what happened after the dust had settled. I am sure there were thousands of Geordie fans who hated what was happening (including renamoing of St James' Park :o ) but I am just as sure that (after the season they had last year) they are now MORE than happy with where they are. WHOSE TO SAY IT WON'T HAPPEN TO US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: So maybe we should back off a bit let our owners get on with what they are planning and wait and see.......who knows. What i am really saying is that Newcastle fans who are amongst the most passionate in the country have had to accept change no matter how bitter a pill that has been to see their club where it is.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

skybluebird wrote:Completely agree. The guy (can't remember his name sorry) who bought Newcastle is a control freak and there was complete chaos on and off the pitch for a while BUT look at what happened after the dust had settled. I am sure there were thousands of Geordie fans who hated what was happening (including renamoing of St James' Park :o ) but I am just as sure that (after the season they had last year) they are now MORE than happy with where they are. WHOSE TO SAY IT WON'T HAPPEN TO US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: So maybe we should back off a bit let our owners get on with what they are planning and wait and see.......who knows. What i am really saying is that Newcastle fans who are amongst the most passionate in the country have had to accept change no matter how bitter a pill that has been to see their club where it is.

JUST came to me.....Mike Ashley :old: :oops:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Newcastle at the time had a very good manager, imho.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm

[quote="RICK+CCFC"]Newcastle at the time had a very good manager, imho.[/q

If I remember rightly when Mike Ashley took control Glenn Roeder was manager. It was only when Chris Houghton became manager that the team improved and the results came which resulted in promotion to the Premier League. I believe that Malky has done an excellent job (so far) but time will tell if he is the right man for the job.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Look at clubs who have struggled over years-Newcastle when they got relegated, Leeds under riddler etc etc..

only some of the fans are in turnmoil the club itself is running as normal no tax winding up talk of loads of quitlty signings coming in a owner that wants promotion billionaires puting money in what more do people want

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:01 pm

I was referring to NUFC when in the Championship, & of course there then manager Chris Hughton.