Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Richard Keogh/New trialist

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 pm

The current word on Keogh is the lad is waiting for a fee to be agreed. Carlisle United have a sell-on clause which would take a nice chunk out of Coventry Citys'pocket, and Cov are holding out for a better deal. The Keogh thread below where the messageboard trolls are having a pop at Cardiff City for not being quick enough in getting their targets in should realise that not every football deal happens overnight. The same goes with Craig Bellamy. That situation was mirrored two years ago and Brendan Rodgers using words like'unique'and'personal'leads me to believe it'll be the same scenario. CB isn't going to get much of a chance at Anfield especially now Rodgers will soon be bringing a flock of his own personnel in. I think once Bellamy and team GB get knocked out of the Olympics, LFC will tear up his lucrative contract saving them a small fortune whilst saving face by announcing that they're reluctantly letting him go to end his career at Cardiff to possibly persue his next career in coaching.

Also heard from an impeccable source that a highly rated young goalkeeper from the continent is arriving tomorrow."in the Van Der Sar mould"is the description i had today. An initial trial with a view to a permanent deal. He's been watched by many of the leading clubs already so it'll be a big coup for CCFC and their scouting network. The rumours about Johnny Russell i haven't heard anything on, but he's rated highly, even though some are already steaming in and writing the guy off because he plays in the SPL :roll:

Re: Richard Keogh/New trialist

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Very interesting.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Always said a promotion winning team needs 5 keepers if they're going to stand a chance :roll:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Call me a troll if you like but having signed a keeper in January and one already this summer why the f**k do we need another :?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:24 pm

CP76 wrote:Call me a troll if you like but having signed a keeper in January and one already this summer why the f**k do we need another :?

You're a troll :-)

Nevermind C, the new betting season will be upon us soon enough. Something equally as interesting as stressing over one club

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:24 pm

CP76 wrote:Call me a troll if you like but having signed a keeper in January and one already this summer why the f**k do we need another :?

Depends on his age if he's 16 in 3-4 years could be very worth it.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:25 pm

CityGent wrote:

Nevermind C, the new betting season will be upon us soon enough. Something equally as interesting as stressing over one club

Ive packed it in. 22 days and counting. :cry:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:26 pm

RFMH wrote:

He's 18

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm

CityGent wrote:The current word on Keogh is the lad is waiting for a fee to be agreed. Carlisle United have a sell-on clause which would take a nice chunk out of Coventry Citys'pocket, and Cov are holding out for a better deal. The Keogh thread below where the messageboard trolls are having a pop at Cardiff City for not being quick enough in getting their targets in should realise that not every football deal happens overnight. The same goes with Craig Bellamy. That situation was mirrored two years ago and Brendan Rodgers using words like'unique'and'personal'leads me to believe it'll be the same scenario. CB isn't going to get much of a chance at Anfield especially now Rodgers will soon be bringing a flock of his own personnel in. I think once Bellamy and team GB get knocked out of the Olympics, LFC will tear up his lucrative contract saving them a small fortune whilst saving face by announcing that they're reluctantly letting him go to end his career at Cardiff to possibly persue his next career in coaching.

Also heard from an impeccable source that a highly rated young goalkeeper from the continent is arriving tomorrow."in the Van Der Sar mould"is the description i had today. An initial trial with a view to a permanent deal. He's been watched by many of the leading clubs already so it'll be a big coup for CCFC and their scouting network. The rumours about Johnny Russell i haven't heard anything on, but he's rated highly, even though some are already steaming in and writing the guy off because he plays in the SPL :roll:

Cheers Anthony, the problem were having is we are struggling to do the final deals and this is why we lost out 4 times in Jan and twice already in July.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm

RFMH wrote:

kl
Suppose but then what was the point of signing Elliot Parrish as he was obviously bought as 3rd / future keeper.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 pm

CP76 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

That bad?! I feel your pain. I chased far too much the tail end of Euro 2012. You know after a losing streak there's a winning fucker just around the corner!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Hopefully this keeper doesn't turn out to be a Santiago/Sak, wish it was a Welsh keeper but oh well

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Hopefully things will improve soon in that department Annis. As we've said before. The"100 million"bollocks isn't going to help Malky though. Clubs like Coventry will become stubborn and dig their heals in for that little bit extra they think we should be able to afford - the same goes with other targets who have priced us out with their ridiculous demands, eg Jamie Mackie

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:40 pm

CityGent wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

That bad?! I feel your pain. I chased far too much the tail end of Euro 2012. You know after a losing streak there's a winning fucker just around the corner!

Couldnt stop playing those f*cking fotb machines. They shoud be banned. Lost about 6k in last year.

Missus gave me an ultimatum. A final one this time so ive decided to pack all gambling in.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:50 pm

CityGent wrote:The current word on Keogh is the lad is waiting for a fee to be agreed. Carlisle United have a sell-on clause which would take a nice chunk out of Coventry Citys'pocket, and Cov are holding out for a better deal. The Keogh thread below where the messageboard trolls are having a pop at Cardiff City for not being quick enough in getting their targets in should realise that not every football deal happens overnight. The same goes with Craig Bellamy. That situation was mirrored two years ago and Brendan Rodgers using words like'unique'and'personal'leads me to believe it'll be the same scenario. CB isn't going to get much of a chance at Anfield especially now Rodgers will soon be bringing a flock of his own personnel in. I think once Bellamy and team GB get knocked out of the Olympics, LFC will tear up his lucrative contract saving them a small fortune whilst saving face by announcing that they're reluctantly letting him go to end his career at Cardiff to possibly persue his next career in coaching.

The Daily Mirror are just copying and pasting now are they? :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:34 am

Cheers for the info Tony , much appreciated as always :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:11 am

CityGent wrote:

The Daily Mirror are just copying and pasting now are they? :mrgreen:

f**k me, prepare for the headlines

Johnny Russell & Richard Keogh in gambling spree on the Euros being hunted down by a Dutch debt collector.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 am

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml

"Guillaume Hubert played for Valenciennes B last season and is a Belgian U18 international.
Cardiff have two keepers challenging for no.1 spot, David Marshall and new signing Joe Lewis.
Hubert will work with coach James Hollman while here at City." :ayatollah: