Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KEOGH TO BRIZZLE

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Posted Today, 12:24 PM
Press conference being held tomorrow, apparently 2 new signings are going to be revealed, one of them Richard Keogh.......

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... onference/

Nothing official but they believe he will be presented at a press conference tomorrow.

Re: KEOGH TO BRIZZLE

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm

I will be livid if it happens and things will start to turn sour, you know things aren't going right when you lose one of your star targets to a constant relegation threatened small club. :evil:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 pm

If we loose out on a signing to a small club with shit players and an ever shitter stadium/facilities then we might as well call it a day. I mean, come on, Bristol are lower table/relegation fodder :evil:

At least Dave Jones got then players in he wanted. He knew how to sell the club and close a deal. Can't say the same for Malky on the evidence so far. Very disappointing.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Keogh is currently a star in Coventry's squad and if he comes here he will be in competition with either championship right back of the year Kev, club captain Hudson and one of our best players last year Turner. If he goes to Bristol he will be one of their key players guaranteed first team football.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Not for me:

Kev Turner Huds Keogh maybe? But i agree, if we lose this the club need to shift their arse and start delivering.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Remember he came from Brizzle tho, got an attachment to them

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Gonzo wrote:If we loose out on a signing to a small club with shit players and an ever shitter stadium/facilities then we might as well call it a day. I mean, come on, Bristol are lower table/relegation fodder :evil:

Seen on the Coventry forum that he did marry a girl from Bristol a couple of weeks back, that definitely played a part in the move. :?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Its a facebook rumour anyway, means nothing

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 pm

I thought VT wants us in the Premier league next season??? We will soon that find out by who's our the squad by the end of August!
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:13 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I thought VT want us in the Premier league next season??? We will soon that find out by who's our the squad by the end of August!

It'll be the same as last season with a few league 1 standard scots signed from the SPL more than likely :evil:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I thought VT want us in the Premier league next season??? We will soon that find out by who's our the squad by the end of August!

It'll be the same as last season with a few league 1 standard scots signed from the SPL more than likely :evil:

True. :twisted:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Gonzo wrote:http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/147010-press-conference/

Nothing official but they believe he will be presented at a press conference tomorrow.

I think there's more chance of them signing Andy Keogh tbh! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:20 pm

I guess the personal thing plays a part but lets be honest he could still live in Bristol and join us, it's really not that far, he'll still be close to his family, I know Malky says be patient but what if he doesn't get the signings? Also he says he doesn't like the January transfer window because it inflates the price value yet says we could be making deals on transfer deadline day which is exactly what Malky goes against! Clubs love making a profit on players like that

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:21 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:If we loose out on a signing to a small club with shit players and an ever shitter stadium/facilities then we might as well call it a day. I mean, come on, Bristol are lower table/relegation fodder :evil:

Seen on the Coventry forum that he did marry a girl from Bristol a couple of weeks back, that definitely played a part in the move. :?

yeah cos bristol is a milion miles from Cardiff :roll:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:27 pm

CP76 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

It's his decision maybe he's under the thumb? :roll: :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Malky is under pressure to deliver.

VT has made funds available for Malky to push the team on and he wont tolerate Malky failing to use those funds correctly. VT's lack of football knowledge means that Malky will have more or less free rein in the market but he will expect those funds to be spent correctly and if we're not in the mix come Christmas I'm quite certain that he'll be shown the door before the January window.

I think we really could do with a football man/director of football to help build the team and sell the club to future signings.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:34 pm

I think we should wait and see if Keogh does actually go to Bristol. If he does then that would extremely disappointing for City. He would join a list of targets who have decided to go elsewhere rather than City over the last 12 months. :(

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Gonzo wrote:Malky is under pressure to deliver.

VT has made funds available for Malky to push the team on and he wont tolerate Malky failing to use those funds correctly. VT's lack of football knowledge means that Malky will have more or less free rein in the market but he will expect those funds to be spent correctly and if we're not in the mix come Christmas I'm quite certain that he'll be shown the door before the January window.

I think we really could do with a football man/director of football to help build the team and sell the club to future signings.

Been saying this since January. Weve got no fucker on the board to help.

Say what you like about the Riddler. He could sell sand to the arabs.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
CP76 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

It's his decision maybe he's under the thumb? :roll: :lol:

He could still live in Bristol. :roll:

If course its his decision but when we cannot sell ourselves better than relegation fodder its worrying.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:38 pm

CP76 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Malky is under pressure to deliver.

Been saying this since January. Weve got no fucker on the board to help.

Say what you like about the Riddler. He could sell sand to the arabs.

The Riddler and Jones were a superb partnership when it came to selling the club.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Relegation fodder, they were 12 points adrift when their current manager took over, they avoided relegation with a few games to spare.

Im not quite sure who some of you think we are, were only cardiff city, not bloody barcelona

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 pm

As far as I'm aware, terms have all been agreed with Keogh & Cardiff.

Coventry were just stalling themselves to get more of a fee for him.

Sure Carl posted something similar too...?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Be mad to turn down the ccs over ashton gate. Whatever floats his boat anyway.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Be mad to turn down the ccs over ashton gate. Whatever floats his boat anyway.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:21 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol- ... 6918235034

Some BC fans seem to think it is a done deal

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:30 pm

dazzyt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-City-FC-Supporters-Page/151836918235034

Some BC fans seem to think it is a done deal

:evil:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:04 pm

A big worry if this player goes to Bristol rather than us. Makes you wonder what the fcuk is going on with our player recruitment policy. :?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:08 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Relegation fodder, they were 12 points adrift when their current manager took over, they avoided relegation with a few games to spare.

Im not quite sure who some of you think we are, were only cardiff city, not bloody barcelona

Yes, obviously, why should we expect us to sign someone over Bristol City when weve only finished in the POs last 3 years whilst they finished 15th and 20th last 2 seasons and if pompey hadnt been deducted 10 points would have survived by just 1 point.

I mean weve got far better facilities and bigger crowds but who the hell do we think we are expecting Keogh to choose us ovet Wurzels? We are not bloody Barcelona you know!.

How utterly outrageous of us :roll:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Some of u think we have a god given right to sign whoever we r interested in......Maybe he just wants to sign for bristol city, simple as that, mm probably couldnt gurantee him first team football unlike brizzle, maybe u lot r listening to facebook rumours too much

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:17 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Some of u think we have a god given right to sign whoever we r interested in......Maybe he just wants to sign for bristol city, simple as that, mm probably couldnt gurantee him first team football unlike brizzle, maybe u lot r listening to facebook rumours too much

And some of you are deluded if you think that there is no problem with the clubs player recruitment ability