Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So they have started calling us it already

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:33 am

:cry: :cry:

If not, the Red Dragons are ready to pounce. A source close to Bellamy said: “Craig is desperate to come back to Cardiff.”

Bellamy homesick
Bellamy could head back to Wales
07th July 2012
CRAIG BELLAMY has opened the door for a sensational return to Cardiff.

The Liverpool striker is set for further talks with new boss Brendan Rodgers this week to thrash out his Anfield future.

Bellamy, 32, wants assurances he will make more than just the 18 Premier League starts he managed under Kenny Dalglish last season.

If not, the Red Dragons are ready to pounce. A source close to Bellamy said: “Craig is desperate to come back to Cardiff.”

Bellamy was born in the city and spent the 2010-11 season on loan there, scoring 11 goals in 35 games.

Re: So they have started calling us it already

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 am

We were called the 'dragons in the sun in the article where Whitts comited his future to us.

Ive been telling people all along that say a nickname is set by the fans.... its not.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 am

nobody on the terraces is going to be shouting red dragons, so i dont give a shit what other people call us..

we are the bluebirds, always have been, and always will be and thats what we will all chant at each and everygame...

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:42 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:nobody on the terraces is going to be shouting red dragons, so i dont give a shit what other people call us..

we are the bluebirds, always have been, and always will be and thats what we will all chant at each and everygame...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:42 am

Get used to it annis this is what we will become known as in every media outlet from now on. Sickening

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:45 am

most likely had a pr memo sent out from the club to the media stating that they would 'like' to be called this in any articles probably so it looks like its not come from within!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote::cry: :cry:

Bellamy homesick
07th July 2012

The Liverpool striker is set for further talks with new boss Brendan Rodgers this week to thrash out his Anfield future.

Bellamy, 32, wants assurances he will make more than just the 18 Premier League starts he managed under Kenny Dalglish last season.

Bellamy was born in the city and spent the 2010-11 season on loan there, scoring 11 goals in 35 games.

Annis I got slated by people for asking the question "will the Bluebirds remain on the gate?"and many have suggested we the fans dictate our nickname but when the club manipulate the press like they have started doing by calling us the dragons any new fans will not associate with the bluebirds and our nickname will disappear in a few years.We were all delighted to see the Blues move back to their rightful home as it gave us our stadium back but shortly there wont be a Bluebird in sight only Dragons and Malaysian flags and Red. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am

jooshy wrote:most likely had a pr memo sent out from the club to the media stating that they would 'like' to be called this in any articles probably so it looks like its not come from within!

fair point made,

remember our first game is at home and live on sky! everyone who will be watching, will be hearing bluebirds! cant get much more publicity than that.. 20k plus shouting it.....

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:02 am

As long as US FANS keep chanting BLUEBIRDS, BLUEBIRDS, we will win the media over

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:02 am

Bellamy homesick
07th July 2012

LINK?
There's usually e mails/Twitter addresses to whoever wrote the article, it's up to us fans to correct them ever single time.
"Rant Smiley" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 am

let the papers call us want they want ,but if us as fans stick to calling us the bluebirds ,then we will always be known as the bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:13 am

Tan put the dragon on the shirt for a reason and would certainly welcome us being called the dragons.If we lost the bluebird completely then there would be very little left in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 am

RI f*cking P the Bluebirds :cry:

Will be forgotten as quickly as the old Wimbledon.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 am

I don't think fans can pick and choose what they want and don't want, at the end of the day it is down to the owner.

The pro red fans can say yes its ok to lose the blue shirt and have a dragon on the badge but its not ok to lose our nickname. Those in favour of rebranding are accepting the changes. Others have mentioned on this forum that this can just be the beginning of the rebranding. I believe that we have already lost a part of our identity by losing our shirt colour and placing a dragon on our badge.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 am

philobull wrote:As long as US FANS keep chanting BLUEBIRDS, BLUEBIRDS, we will win the media over

the media will not be won over , your club has obviously contacted the media with regards to being called the red dragons its obvious , so that's your colour your badge and your nickname
never mind if you ever get to the prem that will make it all worthwhile :?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 am

waddle wrote:
philobull wrote:As long as US FANS keep chanting BLUEBIRDS, BLUEBIRDS, we will win the media over

the media will not be won over , your club has obviously contacted the media with regards to being called the red dragons its obvious , so that's your colour your badge and your nickname
never mind if you ever get to the prem that will make it all worthwhile :?

Will it f**k. Not for me. I will NEVER accept it. :old:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 am

Thats fuckin disgusting

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

The Sun are wind up merchants

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Anyway the club still refer to us as the Bluebirds on the official club website.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:57 pm

dazzyt wrote:

Bellamy homesick
07th July 2012

Annis I got slated by people for asking the question "will the Bluebirds remain on the gate?"and many have suggested we the fans dictate our nickname but when the club manipulate the press like they have started doing by calling us the dragons any new fans will not associate with the bluebirds and our nickname will disappear in a few years.We were all delighted to see the Blues move back to their rightful home as it gave us our stadium back but shortly there wont be a Bluebird in sight only Dragons and Malaysian flags and Red. :ayatollah:

Dazzy, I have been to all 3 meetings and the first meeting the Bluebird had been totally stripped from us and our nickname gone. :cry:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Bellamy homesick
07th July 2012

Dazzy, I have been to all 3 meetings and the first meeting the Bluebird had been totally stripped from us and our nickname gone. :cry:

The problem is a lot of fans get the impression we are shit stirring when we are only saying what we are seeing develop, so far everything we are saying seems to be happening including what looks like Keogh going to Bristol C and the goal posts being moved to suit with regards to signings.."10,8,5 new players",I think the club has put itself in a very awkward situation,If they turned around and said look"we are putting the rebrand on hold but will continue to invest I believe there would be a new sense of belief among supporters which would only drive the team on,I know it's not going to happen but I can dream :roll: .we will have to wait and see I suppose :ayatollah: :(

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:14 pm

To be honest, I don't care what the media or any other fans call us.
To me it will always be the bluebirds. As long as us the fans keep calling them that, that's all that matters.
Afterall, the media and other fans don't give a shit what we are called anyway.

Blooooobirrrdddss!!

ps, don't let it get to you! ;)

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:22 pm

dazzyt wrote:..........
The problem is a lot of fans get the impression we are shit stirring when we are only saying what we are seeing develop, so far everything we are saying seems to be happening including what looks like Keogh going to Bristol C and the goal posts being moved to suit with regards to signings.."10,8,5 new players",I think the club has put itself in a very awkward situation,If they turned around and said look"we are putting the rebrand on hold but will continue to invest I believe there would be a new sense of belief among supporters which would only drive the team on,I know it's not going to happen but I can dream :roll: .we will have to wait and see I suppose :ayatollah: :(

And that sums up the position of the anti investment brigade perfectly i.e. we would be pro investment if it means we can have the blue shirts, in other words have the investment completly on our terms. There is another way for the anti investment brigade to get their wishes and that's go a find an investor who is prepared to put £100m into the club.

Speak for yourself when it comes to a new sense of belief because personally I have complete confidence in MM, his backroom team and this squad of players and I don't need £100m or a blue shirt to believe in them.

I don't think I will be by myself either.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Oh come on, it's the Sun :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Oh come on, it's the Sun :lol:

Exactly.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:57 pm

castleblue wrote:

And that sums up the position of the anti investment brigade perfectly i.e. we would be pro investment if it means we can have the blue shirts, in other words have the investment completly on our terms. There is another way for the anti investment brigade to get their wishes and that's go a find an investor who is prepared to put £100m into the club.

Speak for yourself when it comes to a new sense of belief because personally I have complete confidence in MM, his backroom team and this squad of players and I don't need £100m or a blue shirt to believe in them.

I didn't realize there were city fans who were anti-investment only anti-rebranding

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 pm

the blue path wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I didn't realize there were city fans who were anti-investment only anti-rebranding

Well many city fans are accused of being pro red when in fact they are only pro investment. Like myself.

As VT has clearly stated he is prepared to make his investment based on the rebranding surely it's a reasonable statement to make to say the pro blue are in fact anti investment.

Unless of course they are happy to have the investment but only on their own terms. i.e. blue shirts. The problem with that is VT has made it clear his investment is based on the rebranding.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:36 pm

castleblue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Oh come on, it's the Sun :lol:

Exactly.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and sky sports ;)

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:nobody on the terraces is going to be shouting red dragons, so i dont give a shit what other people call us..

This ^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:56 pm

castleblue wrote:

Here he goes again....anti investment?????,you should be writing for the sun you twist everything you read.