Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay praises young striker Nat Jarvis

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:11 pm

MALKY Mackay welcomes young striker Nat Jarvis back into the Bluebirds squad next week.

Free LOVEFiLM Trial
“Nat’s attitude, desire and undoubted talent have earned him the chance,” says Mackay, who believes the tenacious and aggressive young front-runner can make an impact at Championship level.

Jarvis, 20, spent most of last season on loan at Blue Square Conference club Newport County and played a key role in helping the Exiles climb away from relegation danger.

He is back with Mackay’s first-team squad, having earned a new one-year contract which takes him through the 2012-13 season.

Jarvis first joined City’s youth development programme at the age of eight, and scoring on his first-team debut in the Carling Cup win at Oxford last season.

“Nat is an example to every young player,” says Mackay. “He went out on loan to Newport last season because there were areas in his game where he had to improve.

“When Nat came back to us around Christmas for a short spell he was a different player.

“There was a different shape to him because he had grown and worked hard on his fitness. He returned with a new Maturity.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1zwi0U6yZ

Re: Malky Mackay praises young striker Nat Jarvis

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Really sound kid,had a few drinks with him before the Liverpool game,wish him all the best for the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Really sound kid,had a few drinks with him before the Liverpool game,wish him all the best for the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm

a cracking kid, with bags of potential, but still think he is not ready for this level yet.. i would expect him to go out on loan again, but maybe a step to league 1 rather than conference to see how he develops there...

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm

I think hes got something. Should loan him to League 1 to really test him. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I think hes got something. Should loan him to League 1 to really test him. :ayatollah:

i totally agree...

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 am

nice to see malky bigging up his young players aswell which is bound to boost their confidence

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 am

englishbluebird wrote:nice to see malky bigging up his young players aswell which is bound to boost their confidence

it is good, someone that dj could never do with the youngsters.... jarvis for me though is still not ready for the championship, he did well with newport but didnt set the conference alight and i think this level is still asking a bit too much..

but he is def a huge prospect.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:45 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:nice to see malky bigging up his young players aswell which is bound to boost their confidence

it is good, someone that dj could never do with the youngsters.... jarvis for me though is still not ready for the championship, he did well with newport but didnt set the conference alight and i think this level is still asking a bit too much..

Didn't Malky praise Earnie and he's going ;)

And Husdon - as soon as we have cover - Hurrah!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

arri potta wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Didn't Malky praise Earnie and he's going ;)

And Husdon - as soon as we have cover - Hurrah!

dont remember him praising earnie, just saying that he can still have a future with cardiff

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:MALKY Mackay welcomes young striker Nat Jarvis back into the Bluebirds squad next week.

Free LOVE FILM Trail
“Nat’s attitude, desire and undoubted talent have earned him the chance,” says Mackay, who believes the tenacious and aggressive young front-runner can make an impact at Championship level.

Jarvis, 20, spent most of last season on loan at Blue Square Conference club Newport County and played a key role in helping the Exiles climb away from relegation danger.

He is back with Mackay’s first-team squad, having earned a new one-year contract which takes him through the 2012-13 season.

Jarvis first joined City’s youth development programme at the age of eight, and scoring on his first-team debut in the Carling Cup win at Oxford last season.

“Nat is an example to every young player,” says Mackay. “He went out on loan to Newport last season because there were areas in his game where he had to improve.

“When Nat came back to us around Christmas for a short spell he was a different player.

“There was a different shape to him because he had grown and worked hard on his fitness. He returned with a new Maturity.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1zwi0U6yZ

were can i get this !?