Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ROATH MAGIC - SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE...

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 am

Fusilier23 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Of course it was, its the truth isnt it?

Or are we not in debt anymore, play in blue, have signed superstars and have reverted to the old badge?

Just call me an optimist - I will give VT/TG a chance to show what they can do.............. the kit change, I am not happy with but will it affect the way I support my team, no.

100% passion, 100% faith - 100% CCFC come rain or shine!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Thats just a load of cliches though with respect.

If you look at what is going on at our club and people wake up a little then maybe people will start to realise, although its probably too late anyway.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Of course it was, its the truth isnt it?

Or are we not in debt anymore, play in blue, have signed superstars and have reverted to the old badge?

Just call me an optimist - I will give VT/TG a chance to show what they can do.............. the kit change, I am not happy with but will it affect the way I support my team, no.

100% passion, 100% faith - 100% CCFC come rain or shine!!

Thats just a load of cliches though with respect.

None of us now VT/TGs plans for the long term - we can all second guess - what we have to do is wait and see what happens.

The use of "Cliches" was to show that at this stage I will not be down hearted, I will give their vision (whatever it is) a chance.

If it works to the benefit of CCFC great, if not then yep we have been duped - I am not daft enough to think it will be plain sailing but what else can we do.

I will not openly protest on match days about the shirt change etc - I just wont buy a red one. My sons want a red short so they will get one - that is their decision.

Looking at football generally there are not many investors who have a "local" connection to the team they financially support. The majority are there to make a profit and perhaps to "show off" to their business rivals within their own industry/country.

We at this stage have no alternative but to go with the investors and lets hope that CCFC do well from it

If you look at what is going on at our club and people wake up a little then maybe people will start to realise, although its probably too late anyway.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:27 am

None of us now VT/TGs plans for the long term - we can all second guess - what we have to do is wait and see what happens.

The use of "Cliches" was to show that at this stage I will not be down hearted, I will give their vision (whatever it is) a chance.

If it works to the benefit of CCFC great, if not then yep we have been duped - I am not daft enough to think it will be plain sailing but what else can we do.

I will not openly protest on match days about the shirt change etc - I just wont buy a red one. My sons want a red short so they will get one - that is their decision.

Looking at football generally there are not many investors who have a "local" connection to the team they financially support. The majority are there to make a profit and perhaps to "show off" to their business rivals within their own industry/country.

We at this stage have no alternative but to go with the investors and lets hope that CCFC do well from it

That was a better attempt at my post :D

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:27 am

You say ''if it doesnt work''... I hear this a lot. Think about it.... If what doesnt work? What are you expecting? What is your realistic best case scenario?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:43 am

RoathMagic wrote:You say ''if it doesnt work''... I hear this a lot. Think about it.... If what doesnt work? What are you expecting? What is your realistic best case scenario?

This is a difficult one which depends on how long VT/TG are prepared to invest w/o PL football........so difficult in fact I cannot give an honest, factually based answer!!

But neither will I try to guess :shock:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 am

Not much positive to say.
Last season like most seasons I'm an optimist and a realist, before this season has even started I'm an angry pessimist. :twisted:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 am

RoathMagic wrote:To be honest I dont ee a positive at the moment and im not sure why people are so desperate for me to pretend otherwise.

We are £100 million in debt to a guy that knows nothing about football. We are losing £15 million a year and if we fail this year the only feasable business decision is to asset strip and leave us with nothing. We have been forced to change our badge and colours and have vastly the same squad as last year which for the last half of the season was a squad that showed all the traits of a side in the lower reaches of the league.

What are you positive about?

how are we 100 m in debt? ,54 million the official accounts say and 16 million of that is langston i wish people used the facts :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm

RoathMagic wrote:To be honest I dont ee a positive at the moment and im not sure why people are so desperate for me to pretend otherwise.

We are £100 million in debt to a guy that knows nothing about football. We are losing £15 million a year and if we fail this year the only feasable business decision is to asset strip and leave us with nothing. We have been forced to change our badge and colours and have vastly the same squad as last year which for the last half of the season was a squad that showed all the traits of a side in the lower reaches of the league.

to be fair i think he's right on the most part :lol:

apart from him saying that our squad is lower league, i think we have the basis for a promotion winning side as long as we sign a couple of pacy wingers and a goal scorer :ayatollah:

Re: Roath Magic Daps

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Hi guys, sorry for the late reply as been away for a little while.

Thanks again for your comments but again there are many using their opinions as facts which is about as useful as a mute radio presenter. Im not a Jack, but if it is your opinion that I am then thats fine and im not really bothered enough to try and change that opinion. The issue however lies in the scenario that you come to the conclusion that I dont deal in facts because of a guess you are making. its a contradictory view.

It makes no difference who I support as I rarely give opinion on here, just fact. I say it as it is not how I think it is. The nature of the average Cardiff fan has evolved over the years, more specifically since Sam Hamam arrived. Since then a lot actually believe we are a big club and one destined for greatness, almost feeling that it is owed to us. This feeling forces many to look at things with incredible distortion, as I am one of the few who doesnt suffer from this and is willing to redress the balance in writting - im singled out and probably understandably so - I dont blame you.

*We are in nearly £100 million debt
*We dont have anywhere near one of the best starting11's in the league yet are expected to go up top 2
*We should not be thinking of playing our games in a 75,000 stadium as our average attendances over the past 10 year has been 17,000.
*Our form over the second half of the season has been that of a club in the relegation battle
* Swansea are the bigger club
* I question our stance at having a go at Swansea for their CVA a decade ago for 800k (65k to local businesses) when we are trying to do the same to Sam to the tune of £15,000,000.
* This investment does not stop us losing £1.2 million a month, £14.4 million a year and we will be back in £72 million of debt in short years.
* Malaysian sports fans will not drop the likes of Man United and Liverpool to support Cardiff City irrespective of shirt colour

These are the views that has got a handful of you trying to convince people im a jack but from where im standing, and probably the majority of people - the above are common sense views with a lack of bias - a rare thing and something you should treasure.

I do appreciate your feedback though. :ayatollah:

Quit the waffle and get to the point.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:about CCFC ..............go on give it a try - you might enjoy it :?:

Why would he, when he isn't a CCFC fan?

I don't call him Roath Magic Daps for nothing.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

how are we 100 m in debt? ,54 million the official accounts say and 16 million of that is langston i wish people used the facts :lol:

1) it wasnt 54 million
2) that doesnt include the last 12 months where the malaysians have lent us 16 million + 7%
3) once the investment has happened we will be in debt to Tan for the whole amount.

3* i will pre empt your reply of ''its not debt its equity''. wrong. It is equity but it will still be debt, Tan will turn it to equity to protect his investment and get rid of the risk of immediate administration thus losing most of his money. He is turning it from an unsecured loan to a secured one.

He is not buying a £15 million club for £100 million because hes an idiot, hes doing it as its the only way he can get his initial investment back. the stadium will be his, the training ground will be his and so will the players fees. Hes already covered our losses for the coming 12 months so if we dont go up this year and you can be sure he ont be doing it for a further year as he will be going into unsecured loan territory again the ONLY credible business move is to asset strip and get the £100 million back as it will be his only opportunity to do so. He will sell club for £1 and leave us with nothing.

It really is that obvious. Ask any business graduate.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm

you relentlessly hound your fellow redbird at every opportunity , just because he is living in the real world and is not scared to say what he thinks i think you should listen to the man he's obviously a massive redbird and is just worried about his club :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 pm

waddle wrote:you relentlessly hound your fellow redbird at every opportunity , just because he is living in the real world and is not scared to say what he thinks i think you should listen to the man he's obviously a massive redbird and is just worried about his club :lol:

Oh, Twaddle, you're still the same, too, bless you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
waddle wrote:you relentlessly hound your fellow redbird at every opportunity , just because he is living in the real world and is not scared to say what he thinks i think you should listen to the man he's obviously a massive redbird and is just worried about his club :lol:

well i for one feel sorry for him he comes on here to voice his concerns over the potential abyss you are staring into and just gets slated for it !! come on nedd you're better than that , i thought you redbirds stuck together ;)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 pm

waddle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

well i for one feel sorry for him he comes on here to voice his concerns over the potential abyss you are staring into and just gets slated for it !! come on nedd you're better than that , i thought you redbirds stuck together ;)

Be original, please - unlike your neighbour, Roath Magic Daps.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 pm

I cant believe how on one hand they say they trust Tan and we shouldnt question is excellent business accumen while aknowledging he is about to buy a club valued at £15 million for £100 million and think hes doing it for us :shock:

It started off as a failed gamble for £6 million for a piece of the Prem money and the share price. He then had to protect it as the club were recieving winding up orders so had to lend the club money to avoid administration and now the only way to protect that is to own the club outright, get rid of all the threats to admin and sell the assets.

The change to red is to flog it to the Chinese at the end of it all. Can see it coming a mile off.

I feel sorry for the genuine fans like me but not blessed with as much intelligence that think ''hes a billionaire we are fine''. HE is a billionaire, and he didnt become one by buying things for 7 time more than their worth. WAKE UP!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:24 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

I cant believe how on one hand they say they trust Tan and we shouldnt question is excellent business accumen while aknowledging he is about to buy a club valued at £15 million for £100 million and think hes doing it for us :shock:

It started off as a failed gamble for £6 million for a piece of the Prem money and the share price. He then had to protect it as the club were recieving winding up orders so had to lend the club money to avoid administration and now the only way to protect that is to own the club outright, get rid of all the threats to admin and sell the assets.

The change to red is to flog it to the Chinese at the end of it all. Can see it coming a mile off.

I feel sorry for the genuine fans like me but not blessed with as much intelligence that think ''hes a billionaire we are fine''. HE is a billionaire, and he didnt become one by buying things for 7 time more than their worth. WAKE UP!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:25 pm

:?

Re: Roath magic update

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:26 pm

RoathMagic wrote:A better way to explain it - If I posted on a Man Utd message board and posted the following...

''last season Ryan Giggs scored his lowest goal tally since 1990/1991 season''

that post would remain true if I was a Man Utd fan or a Man City one and it wouldnt be a negative comment or a positive one, it would be a realistic one. Hence why im suggesting that people look beyond who they think I support as I rarely ,if ever, give opinion based posts. So it matters little. :ayatollah:

Why not? Could it be that you don't have any interest in CCFC, hence no opinion?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

RoathMagic wrote::?

Yes, you clearly are confused.

This is www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:A better way to explain it - If I posted on a Man Utd message board and posted the following...

that post would remain true if I was a Man Utd fan or a Man City one and it wouldnt be a negative comment or a positive one, it would be a realistic one. Hence why im suggesting that people look beyond who they think I support as I rarely ,if ever, give opinion based posts. So it matters little. :ayatollah:

Why not? Could it be that you don't have any interest in CCFC, hence no opinion?

Because there i far more value in fact than opinion. But as the rest of the post says, when dealing in fact it doesnt matter who you support as a fact is a fact so no need to become obsessed with it.

Re: Roath Magic Daps

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Your hero, Trundle, will be playing for Llanelli next season, so I've heard, so will you be popping down to Stebonheath Park now and again?

Please answer the question, Mr Daps.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:30 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

good luck trying to make them see sense mate , in these days of being obsessed with getting to the prem they are not seeing the bigger picture ! you are obviously a massive cardiff fan or you wouldn't take this crap when all you are is worried about your club

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:31 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Because there i far more value in fact than opinion. But as the rest of the post says, when dealing in fact it doesnt matter who you support as a fact is a fact so no need to become obsessed with it.

There's the key word, Jacky Boy.

You're obsessed. Please, seek help.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 pm

waddle wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

good luck trying to make them see sense mate , in these days of being obsessed with getting to the prem they are not seeing the bigger picture ! you are obviously a massive cardiff fan or you wouldn't take this crap when all you are is worried about your club

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, look, a little Jack Tag Team!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Your the one that cant keep off my threads. I am obsessed with Cardiff City, they are my team. I dont see any excuse for you to be obsessed with me though. Thats the weird bit. :?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Your the one that cant keep off my threads. I am obsessed with Cardiff City, they are my team. I dont see any excuse for you to be obsessed with me though. Thats the weird bit. :?

Twisting again.

This is www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk and I am a Cardiff City fan.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 pm

waddle wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

They will soon see in 10 months time. Id get your planning application for your ground done now because you will be getting an awful load of glory hunters coming your way when Tan flogs us for the customary £1.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
waddle wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

They will soon see in 10 months time. Id get your planning application for your ground done now because you will be getting an awful load of glory hunters coming your way when Tan flogs us for the customary £1.

There are always signs. Eventually, the disguise slips with all the Jacks who come on here.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Your the one that cant keep off my threads. I am obsessed with Cardiff City, they are my team. I dont see any excuse for you to be obsessed with me though. Thats the weird bit. :?

Twisting again.

This is http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk and I am a Cardiff City fan.

How is that a twist? So you havent been bombarding these threads with nonsense then? pretending you have asked me things that you clearly havent and saying im twisting things because im presenting you with a fact?

Must be imagining things then. :lol: